Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 2:32 PM
Default Falling Behind on Quests
It there any way to make it so no one cares if I take my time with a quest?
Being on a constant invisible time limit has made the game considerably less enjoyable for me, and I'd love to disable that without removing too much else.

I lost a sim due to alchemy failing approximately 50 times with a high chance of of success and running out of time. If there's no mod to remove the time limit there's no way I will continue to play TSM.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:48 PM
I'd have to agree with you. It makes the game seem more like a chore and less like a game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SPYCchcknWINGS
I'd have to agree with you. It makes the game seem more like a chore and less like a game.

I know, right?

Maintaining focus is fine, that is not something I mind doing. It makes it so stuff isn't just handed to you.

But a time limit? In a sim game? Completely ruins it.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 3:53 PM
If you have testingcheatsenabled on, as described on the cheat codes thread, you can ctrl-click the moodlet away, same as sims 3.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VegaBlack
If you have testingcheatsenabled on, as described on the cheat codes thread, you can ctrl-click the moodlet away, same as sims 3.

Just ctrl click the "behind on task" one away and the jailer will never show up?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:21 PM
Yeah, but your performance continues to go up as well, so it's kind of cheaty.
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 6:25 PM
But after a while my performance still started to go down even though my Focus bar was maxed out and the falling behind moodlet was deleted.-
Instructor
#8 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VegaBlack

This is such a cool and simple fix if it's true. Gonna test this out, thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 4:57 PM
My wizard got thrown into the pit because he spent too much time discovering plants and mineral deposits and not enough time fulfilling his Quest duties. He couldn't even plead "Watcher made me do it!"
So, this is how I understand it: You must primarily complete your quest assignments which are the icons next to the Sim picture at the left, and you should also complete at least some of your daily assignments (in the lower task bar) otherwise your focus goes down and your quest assignments become more difficult to preform. However, I have successfully competed quests while ignoring most daily assignments by having my Sim do things that he/she enjoys (Gambling, woohooing, picking plants, fighting, etc depending on their character traits) which give positive focus buffs. The Time limit or "progress" to your quest can be viewed by hovering over the hourglass symbol above the Sim picture icon. When it starts to drain, turn red, or say "Falling behind" you're in trouble - but completing the current tasks will usually bring it back up. Good News: when you finish the first Kingdom quest (the main overall one you have to choose from the main menu) you can select a "Free Time" quest in which you can switch seamlessly between all characters and do whatever you want for as long as you want. (I actually found this to be really boring - there were no daily assignments, no quest options, just blank slate Sims with no desires to fulfill! I had them wander around a bit, pick some plants, cook some new meals, make some friends, and then, I went back to quests.) Maybe I just prefer having a job...To each his own.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:27 AM
Haha, yeah, I guess I was wrong. My sim almost got thrown into the pit too, even after deleting the "marked for death" moodlet. The only thing that saved him was that he was blind stinkin' drunk and the "pass out" interaction made the "jump into the pit" interaction drop. He got up an hour later, threw up and went home.

Though, if you have Rick's Debug Enabler from the Mods thread, you can use the "DisableQuestPerformance" and "EnableQuestPerformance" cheats to turn performance off and on.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 12:24 PM
you can always use the cheat to unlock all quests and play the freetime one.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!