Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 11:56 PM Last edited by lavra87 : 28th Jan 2017 at 12:00 AM. Reason: It would only let my title be one character when I originally posted. "?" is too vague.
Default Lots
Hi there! So, I have a question... I couldn't seem to find the answer I was looking for in the other threads. So, I'm creating a world with a specific theme. I downloaded lots to go along with my theme from this site. A lot of lots, in fact. Now my game is running annoyingly slowly. After I'm done creating my world and export it, can I uninstall the lots without custom content, or will that make them disappear in my new world?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 4:26 PM
If you don't have the lot in your game, it won't appear in the world, though the lot will still have the title and such. In my own game, I've got Legacy Island 3, a custom world created by another player, and it has the Ford Sky Diving Centre in it, but because I started getting Sims 3 after that was discontinued, I get an empty lot with the address and such saying it's supposed to be there.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:00 PM
The Ford Sky Diving Centre was a lot from the EA Store. Store content is not packed on export so it will be missing on any lots or worlds you install if you don't own those objects/lots.

Regular game content (and lots with these objects) will show up fine when you placed them in CAW Game Editor. You can safely uninstall them from your game after export. As you already said, custom content will of course need to remain installed. Otherwise those objects would be missing or replaced by base game objects.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 29th Jan 2017 at 6:43 PM
That is of course if you installed them as package files. Sims3pack files should follow the world. Uninstalling s3p files can be a real headache, and often don't work.