Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 5:17 PM
Default Am I the Only One? Tad Red Faced Here
I finally found some prior CAW files and want to look at 2 of my prior worlds to update and maybe even upload here eventually. Looked at one last night that was put on the exchange years ago and has a lot of downloads, and yikes, the routing!!!! What I know now that I did not know then! And I have not even looked at the other yet. I learned a lot about CAW from the original EA tute so made the red areas nonroutable and that was it. Oh, my!!!! EA sure did not go into the detail needed which I have now learned from here.

I am now in the process of totally redoing it. Good thing at least is I played it a lot and had sims get stuck just on one bridge, so hope players are not cursing me too much! I want to take a quick look at the second one next to see how bad it is?

Do you go back to prior worlds and say yikes?

And I have a question, when these are redone can they be uploaded here if meet the standards? Can a world be here that is already on the exchange?
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 7:39 PM
Haha, I know that feeling! But it's good to share stuff with others, and fun to learn.

Yes, you can upload things here that are already on the exchange- there is no exclusivity contract for this site.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 9:13 PM
I just looked at the other world and it has some issues too but not as many, but is a simpler one. I will slowly work on the too many worlds in progress now and hope to get them done one by one for submission.

One of the other things I tend to do is focus on the lot my played sims will have, as I play legacy style, and build many community lots for things to do and see, then skimp a bit much on other houses. So I am adding some more residential lots to these worlds to generate more sims and even the balance a bit more.

So much to do, but I love working in CAW.