Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:09 PM
Default Ui color change mod?
Hi, is it possible to change the color of the control bar to be a more contrasting color? Maybe a night time mode (light grey on black) my main erk is the date/time it should at least be fully black on white.

Thanks
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 10:44 PM
From what I understand, the UI is written in Flash, or a variant of it, so it should be completely possible, yes

If you want to know HOW, I'm not aware of any current tutorials on modding the UI; it's early days, you may have to do the research yourself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 2:45 PM
thanks for the reply, at least it is possible,
I'd love tp be able to do it myself, but i wouldn't know where to start looking for the file I'd have to modify!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 3:17 PM
I came across some UI tuning in the XML files yesterday -- I didn't check to see what they do exactly, but things like colour could easily be XML-tuneable in principle. You might want to look into that (get the XML exporter from the Tools forum and give it a try), since that's all human readable and doesn't require any programming knowledge.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
I am looking at this Sims 3 tutorial http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Tuning_Modding , would it be the same but s4pe instead?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:17 PM
It's similar, yes -- but you should also take a look at the Maxis docs for TS4 (link in the sticky atop this forum).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:55 PM
I've looked. but I still have no idea