Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2008 at 3:11 PM
Default A Few Questions about Repository Techniques
Ok I read the tutorial on Repository Tehnique, but I have a few questions. Say I have a furniture set with about 5 pieces in it, and I've decided that my repository object will be a shelf type object with items already on it. Now the texture/UV map for this shelf will serve as the texture map for the other objects.

1) Is it possible to have multiple textures in the repository UV map tha is not used by the repository object?

2) When/and if I decide to gave one of my objects a subset of recolors, is that possible. By this I mean, you know how you click on say a counter and there's color options for both the counter and counter top. Could I still do that with on my slave objects. Say if I had a mesh that's a table with a jar on it that was a slave object, could i make a color subset for the table and jars all while working from the repository texture/uv map?

If so, I presume I would just go on with the subset tutorial.

EDIT:

3) Can this work if you are using the UV Mapper in 3ds max? Would I then just uv map them both, then open it in UV Mapper classic with my texture map?

4)And is it possible or better to actually have made a texture map before a uv map?

--Ebbe

An Epic Victorian Saga unlike any ever made for the Sims 2. Jane Toland, an idealist woman struggles in the pious society that disdains her.

Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 2:37 AM
Questions about a tutorial would be best posted in that tutorial.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Dec 2008 at 10:47 AM