Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 5:02 AM Last edited by pokedude9777 : 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:16 AM.
Default (SOLVED!)Cot bedding showing up very bright ingame
I made a cot bedding texture today, and it was going along well. But when I loaded it in-game, the cot bedding texture was much brighter than the changing tables bedding texture.

SO basically, why isn't the bedding in the cot the same as the bedding on the changing table? I used the same fabric texture for both of them, so I don't see why this should be happening.

Thanks in advance.
Screenshots

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Advertisement
Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 8:29 AM Last edited by -Maylin- : 21st Dec 2008 at 8:55 AM.
Have a look at the Material Definition for each part of the two packages, they have different values.
You must change the values of the changing table to match the bedding of the crib.

Sorry I can't take requests anymore!
And I will probably never convert my creations for TS2 to TS3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Dec 2008 at 10:56 PM
Ok, I'm in Material Definition in the cots package, but I have no idea what values I am looking for. Help! What next?

The Sim Supply!

Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 6:16 AM
Okay! I've taken screenshots:
This is the MMAT of the crib

I've added a green square around the values you need to change in the changing table

This is the MMAT of the Changing Table:

In the red square, you can see that the values are totally different than in the MMAT of the crib. Just replace the values by the green ones and 'Commit'
Save the package and test in game!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:30 AM
The cot is still just as bright as it was before. I didn't describe my problem enough before, I meant how can I change the cot so it is the same brightness as the table. Using your info, I just used the MMAT's of the table for the crib. Have I done some thing wrong? The only difference I found was that the stdMatSpecCoef was not the same as yours. What have I done wrong? Thanks for your help!

The Sim Supply!

Addicted to Capuccino!
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 12:58 PM
Do the opposite. In MMAT change the values of the bedding of the crib to match the values of the changing table.
for example:
Crib:
deprecatedStdMatInvDiffuseCoeffMultiplier: 1 turn the value to 1.2
stdMatDiffCoef: 1,1,1 turn the values to 0.8,0.8,0.8
and so on....

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 10:34 PM
Actually, probably best to leave the StdMatAlphaTestEnabled as it is in each object. You'll probably get unexpected side effects changing that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:15 AM
Well, that was what I did Maylin, but it still didn't work. Then Echo said not to touch StdMatAlphaTestEnabled so I remade it doing what both of you said, and it worked! Thanks so much!

The Sim Supply!