Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-West Weasels- A Cozy and Quaint Full Neighborhood

by Phaenoh Posted 2nd Mar 2010 at 7:42 PM - Updated 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:10 AM by Phaenoh

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 140 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 8
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#126 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 2:04 PM
Happy (belated) Birthday! :D

I absolutely LOVE this neighbourhood and decided to use it for my legacy <3
I love how great and affordable all the starter homes are and how they still have plenty of space for expansion.

THANK YOU!!
Test Subject
#127 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:31 PM
So I got soooo excited and downloaded this right away...I didn't think to look at the required expansion packs because I have all but 2 of the stuff packs...guess which one of the stuff packs I don't have?
Mansion & Garden.
Lovely, just lovely.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#128 Old 26th May 2012 at 6:11 PM
Looks very cozy! Looking forward to moving my Sims in.

- Sheldrake :3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#129 Old 26th Jan 2013 at 8:59 PM
Just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying West Weasels. It's really the only neighborhood that I'm playing now, with about a third of the houses inhabited so far.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 12:01 AM
Hi Phaenoh is their any way of downloading this neighbourhood all in one? as I have followed the instructions including removing the numbers, un rarring together etc. and for some reason it still isnt showing up =(

If their is any other way I would really appreciate it as your neighbourhood is amazing =(
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 3:01 AM
Sadly, the reason they are separated is because the hood is too big to upload as one file. Where isn't it showing up? Is it not showing up in game, or are you still having trouble getting it to unrar together?
Test Subject
#132 Old 6th Apr 2013 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Sadly, the reason they are separated is because the hood is too big to upload as one file. Where isn't it showing up? Is it not showing up in game, or are you still having trouble getting it to unrar together?

Hi thanks for the reply! after downloading them both to the nighbourhoods folder I then highlight both parts of the download then use "extract here" in the neighbourhoods folder but then when I start the game its not showing up dont know if Im doing something wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#133 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 12:47 AM
Hi Phaenoh just a quick update I realise I dont have mansion and gardens installed (I have it just havent installed it) would this be the reason why the neighbourhood isnt showing or wouldnt that be the reason for it not showing up?

also what does "SSN" is it another expansion pack? I havent heard of that one. Thanks mate sorry for the questions.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 8:45 PM
If you don't have Mansions and Gardens installed it could likely be the reason it is not showing up, but also SSN means Seasons, and if you don't have that one either, that's also a problem.
Test Subject
#135 Old 10th Apr 2013 at 12:32 AM
If you don't have Mansions and Gardens installed it could likely be the reason it is not showing up, but also SSN means Seasons, and if you don't have that one either, that's also a problem.

Hi Phaenoh I installed M&G and it still isnt showing, I have seasons aswell so Im completely confused as to why its not showing, I save the files as "WestWeasels_N327.part1" and "WestWeasels_N327.part2" is that right? I then highlight both files and click extract here in the neighbourhoods folder then a N327 folder appears but it still doesnt show up on the game.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 6:50 AM
Hi Phaenoh, I wanted to know why the Gable Ornament by Marina is not showing up in the catalog. Indeed, I checked every part of the catalog and for some odd reason, I couldn't find the items. What's even stranger is that the pieces show up in the Cottontail Cottage, for example. Don't understand... Thanks in advance your answer.

Q_R
retired moderator
Original Poster
#137 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 2:53 PM
Have you looked in Build > Architecture? I'm fairly sure I edited the ones I included to go there.
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 4:58 PM
Have you looked in Build > Architecture? I'm fairly sure I edited the ones I included to go there.

I've just rechecked, and even in Build Mode > Architecture, they are not present.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 5:15 PM
Weird. Easiest way to check is to open up the packages themselves in SimPE and see what the catalog setting is set as. This tutorial lists all the Build Mode settings (since they don't appear in the drop down box) http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=281025
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 2:58 AM
thanks na ka^^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 7:32 AM
you have no idea how much this town means to me. i've been playing ts2 on my laptop for years and suddenly the disk drive stops working so i had to move the whole operation to the home pc. i was able to get a good copy of all my borrowed EPs and i found a way to play ts2 without the disk drive but my body shop sims and custom hood were gone to this computer (the laptop can still run other usefull things) and one really wouldn't want to go through all the trouble of remaking all the subneighborhoods and everything. i'd go into detail but i don't want to bore you, case and point: i'm so thankful that you made such a pretty neighborhood and that i was able to find it. thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 7:11 PM
What is unraring? Is it the same thing as extracting? And how on earth can you do it simultaneously for 2 separate files. Having everything and tired of Plainsboro in its 6th generation I would like to try West Weasels. Just don't want to do it wrong and screw everything up. Thanks
retired moderator
Original Poster
#143 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 9:13 PM
Unraring is the same as extracting. These are .rar files created with Winrar. Like unzipping with Winzip, you unrar with Winrar.

As for how to do two at the same time, follow the instructions on the main page about renaming the files and then highlight both at the same time and right click. There should be an option to unrar them together.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#144 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 8:13 PM Last edited by sandya : 10th Mar 2014 at 8:02 PM. Reason: new information
Thanks for your quick reply. Just going to do a backup on my existing neighborhoods and then try it out. Took me a while to figure out the simultaneous download. For some reason it never gave me the save option when downloading. But it is possible as you suggested by right clicking to archive (save). So I did that and that allowed for the chance to select both and extract together. I keep finding treasures like this! I have made several supernatural creatures with the bat box. They are now welcoming each other to the neighborhood. Thank you for this huge effort!
Test Subject
#145 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 11:23 AM
Hey I have a question, what kind of terrain (SC4) you doing these in city?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 6th Apr 2014 at 3:29 PM
I made the terrain myself.
Test Subject
#147 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 1:32 PM
Gave you a link to the site? (To download)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#148 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 3:52 PM
No, I did not upload the SC4 terrain. Sorry, it is not available to download.
Test Subject
#149 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 1:35 AM
Is there ANY way at all this could have the Stuff Pack NOT required? I do not have ANY of the Stuff Packs because a lot of them cause issues with all my custom downloads (up to almost 10 gigs worth of them so far...) I really LOVE this...hate that I cannot use it :/
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:22 AM
Sorry, unfortunately, even though MG is sold as a stuff pack, it changes the game engine. This makes any lot made with it require it. Without MG though, the entire neighborhood would lose a serious amount of it's charm and character. I planned it all out in advance to make sure that I wouldn't have any unneeded EPs or SPs. MG is one of my favorites, you might reconsider. (Stuff packs shouldn't interfere at all with downloads, they are essentially just EA downloads, no game code is changed. You might have mod conflicts instead)
Page 6 of 8