Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 3:40 AM
Default "The Inner Light" basegame lamp only has one TXTR.
(Sorry for asking yet another question...)

I'm trying to recolor it, but it only has one TXTR. I've recolored 3 other lamps and they all had 3 of them. Plus, the one texture I get has the stand/frame in it along with the light, but it doesn't seem to be effected by my coloring.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 5:11 AM
Some lamps have two recolorable subsets, frame and shade. Lamps have two states, which can sometimes require two different textures. That lamp has one recolorable subset and both the lit and unlit states use the same texture. So, a single texture.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 5:58 AM
Okay. Then what about the stand/frame? It was included in the TXTR, but didn't show up in-game.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 6:43 AM
Without looking at it in SimPE, it sounds like the base isn't enabled for recolors. Looking at it in game- the base doesn't have any recolors.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 7:33 AM
Is there anything I can do to change that?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#6 Old 29th Sep 2012 at 2:33 PM
The base and glass both recolor with the one texture file. You just cannot recolor each independently. If your recolor does not show up in game, try creating a new recolor package.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 5:15 PM
UPDATE:

This was broke somewhere between the base and the OFB EP. When viewing in a base game only setup it worked fine, as well as when trying to recolor in Sim PE with the file table only reading base files. When I checked it out in my full game it was broke. If you want to recolor, or have access to the recolors that originally came with it Post-Base game then you need my fix.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/488412