Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 11:23 PM
Default SimGameFan's Photomanipulations, Photography, etc.
(click the thumbnails)

A picture of my cat, Tazz, in a window.

Another picture of my cat.

Tazz sleeping...with one eye slightly open.

All the photos in this post were given a retro effect. To get that effect, make a new layer and fill it with light pink, then set the mode to screen. Set the opacity to 20. Then make another layer and fill it in with light blue, set to screen, and opacity 20. Then make a third layer, fill it with light yellow, set to multiply, and the opacity to 10 or 20.

To see some of my photomanipulations, click the link in my signature (the DeviantArt link). I didn't want to post them here because I would have to ask the stock artists for permission.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 2:16 AM
Aww your cat is adorable. The one thing I think might be better? In the first picture the angle is all weird. So its a pretty, lovlily photoshopped, back-of-a-cat's-head. I like the thrid one especially. She/he/they/it are so cute!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 3:09 AM
Thanks. He's a male, by the way.
What exactly is weird about the angle in the first picture? Could you be a bit more specific, please?
Banned
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 3:18 AM
Default Photography II
Autumn Trees | Clouds | Telephone Pole | More Clouds |
Autumn Leaves in Water | Autumn Leaves | Pencils | More Pencils

The colors in all the photos were changed and enhanced by making new layers with different colors then setting the mode to screen or overlay.
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 3:33 AM
Very nice pictures, I especially love the autumn photos, you really capture the essence of the season. My other favorites are the pencils. I love the colors, shadows, and the fuzzy effect--they look like a memories from childhood.
Inventor
#6 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimGameFan
What exactly is weird about the angle in the first picture? Could you be a bit more specific, please?

I can't agree with FurryPanda's opinion here actually. I think the angle makes the picture quite a bit interesting. The way we look out together with the cat gives it an idea of expectation. Also think that the way his whiskers sort of give that outward flow an extra push together with the way they stand out sharply against his fur. It works quite well.

The angle makes that this picture becomes far more interesting in subject instead of it just being a picture of 'pet in window'.

Nice work. I think it is the best among what you posted.
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 12:18 AM
Thank you, inkbottleblue and appelsapgodin!

I have finished a new photomanipulation,
'Merry Christmas'
(The picture is of a young girl hanging bows on a dead christmas tree)
#8 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 2:03 AM
I don't mean to be rude, but isn't this the same as the photography thread? (which I believe was started by delphy?) Do we really need two of the same threads?
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 4:06 AM
No, this thread is for my art exclusively.
Test Subject
#10 Old 10th Nov 2007 at 10:39 AM
these are really nice.

wish i was as creative.

This is the way you left me,I'm not pretending. No hope, no love, no glory, No Happy Ending.
This is the way that we love, Like it's forever.
Then live the rest of our life,But not together.