Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 6:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures
Default Sound cuts out when Sims ride bicycles
Searches on this site and MATY reveal some discussion of this issue, but no fixes that I can see.

My Eco-Friendly sim's bicycle is glitched. It's not at the stall in front of the house, and it's not in anyone's inventory. Occasionally, when either she or her father magically finds the bike and takes it out for a spin, all game sound immediately disappears. This includes the sound effects from mouse clicks. The game also lags. When quitting without saving, the screen turns black and the cursor just turns and turns until finally I kill the application or manually reboot the computer.

This happened recently in another savegame, but the bike must have belonged to other sims in the neighborhood, because it just happened one day and I couldn't figure out what was going on. I saved, quit (also had to kill the application), restarted and the sound was still gone. Being unable to determine the problem at that time, I discarded the save.

Now, it seems like if I just get rid of the bike, I wouldn't have this issue. But I can't see the dang bike! Going into Buy mode, trying to debug the bike stall with Twallan's mods (I have DebugEnabler and MasterController), nothing reveals the bike. Boo.

Any thoughts? Either about the sound issue or finding the invisible bike?