Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 6:20 PM Last edited by Lyralei : 8th Apr 2018 at 1:54 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Make certain sims not show up on community lots or leave their home lot?
So I apologize if this isn't the best place for this, its my first time posting here. Basically I'm making a prison lot and want the prisoners to stay there, even when they are not the active household. I don't want them showing up outside the prison on community lots. I have a majority of the nraas mods installed so I was wondering if this was possible with master controller or something.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:08 AM
The only way I can think of that this has a chance of working is to set MC (under MC > Settings) so that sims can live on community lots and then use Add Sim on the lot to make that their home. Then make sure that their living area is behind doors and gates that are locked to them or that they somehow have no way out. That will remove them from their existing household though and could lead to their losing all of their property on their residential lot as well as ownership of the lot itself if they were the only teen or older sim living there. The fate of any children or younger still living there would also be undetermined if there were no teens or older left in charge.

Another side-effect is that those living at the prison would essentially own it collectively, but if this is not an active household you might be able to ignore that.

The reason I don't think this can be done any other way is that if a sim is deemed to be stuck off their home lot and their needs/moods start to deteriorate, they will keep trying to route themselves home, when they can't either NRaas Overwatch or the game itself (whichever gets to them first) will reset them, and they will be back home again and free to do as they wish. This is also why dates that end up with a sim locked up in an attic or basement never tend to end well...erm, well so I've heard anyway.

But if they get reset while living on the prison lot, they may well end up materializing outside of their locked in area with the same effect -- they will be free to do as they wish from there, so you would have to watch for where they land if this happens. I guess you would also have to take their jobs away (make them home schooled by way of the NRaas Careers mod if they are a teen) because the game will be very unhappy if it thinks it's supposed to keep routing them to work/school and it can't. It shouldn't be totally impossible to work around I suppose, but it's not necessarily going to be easy.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 8:04 AM
But what if the prison is a residential lot in the first place?

What you could try is to use MasterController and turn off their autonomy. I don't know whether this works reliably, though, but recently I found two inactive Sims in one of my games who never left their home lots on their own. Only the one who had a job was pushed out by the game for work while the other one who was a retired elder I never saw outside anywhere. When trying to find out why this was so I noticed that only these two Sims were missing the "Autonomous" status in MasterControllers /Status/Personal. After I hard-reset them both they began to partake in the city life again.

ETA: And then there's, of course, a set of mods by Inge Jones that is supposed to allow for prisons: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1892/
I don't know how well these work but according to Inge's help file the set contains a door that will prevent imprisoned Sims from leaving even when the lot is not actively played: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims3/...on/HowToUse.htm
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
But what if the prison is a residential lot in the first place?

What you could try is to use MasterController and turn off their autonomy. I don't know whether this works reliably, though, but recently I found two inactive Sims in one of my games who never left their home lots on their own. Only the one who had a job was pushed out by the game for work while the other one who was a retired elder I never saw outside anywhere. When trying to find out why this was so I noticed that only these two Sims were missing the "Autonomous" status in MasterControllers /Status/Personal. After I hard-reset them both they began to partake in the city life again.

ETA: And then there's, of course, a set of mods by Inge Jones that is supposed to allow for prisons: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1892/
I don't know how well these work but according to Inge's help file the set contains a door that will prevent imprisoned Sims from leaving even when the lot is not actively played: http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims3/...on/HowToUse.htm

My assumption, perhaps false, was that the player wanted sims who are not residents of the prison (inmates) to be able to come and go freely without having to be lot-greeted each time. Such as those who might work there taking care of things, act as guards, be visiting, etc., maybe school tours of the facility? Okay, the school tours might be stretching things a bit. But you can't really do that with residential lots unless the "staff" live there too or they are all custom Role Sims.

I had forgotten about Inge's mod and wonder if it still all works on current patch levels. If so, that look pretty promising provided the inmates don't keep constantly getting reset by the game itself.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 1:54 PM