Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 5:33 PM
Default Invite over, they never show up?
I've been inviting sims over, they say they'll be there in a little while, but they never show up, is anyone else having this problem? It's a little annoying. I'm trying to build up my sims relationships.
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 1:40 AM
I haven't had that happen at all to me. Sims seem to show up quite quickly. Can you start a new game and test in other households? Maybe the EA premades?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 4:12 PM
I had a problem with a sim showing up and apparently waiting close to the sidewalk, never coming to the door. I didn't see them until they gave up and left because my view was too close to the house. Could be they showed up and you never saw them? This is why I liked the little event window in 2.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 5:54 PM
My invites always come to the door and ring the doorbell. Yours don't? That would be extremely odd.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:29 AM
This happened to me also; my sim invited the other sim 3 different times in the morning/early afternoon, and he didn't show up. However, after waiting until the evening and calling a fourth time, the sim finally showed up and rang the doorbell. Perhaps it has something to do with the time of day?
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:26 AM
That is strange, I haven't had this one happen in my game. I do notice that sometimes they wait down at the sidewalk for a little while and then walk up to the door.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 4:09 AM
Have you all made sure to set your front door as the 'front door'?
That's a new feature. Click on the door to set what door you want visitors to ring at.

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#8 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 6:22 PM
Canoodle, I didn't realize it was an option until all of my newspapers, pizzas and guests were heading out back to the "stage" area, and of course I didn't hear them ring the bell because I built it as a separate building.

This may be what's happening with a lot of people.

Glad you mentioned it!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th Jun 2009 at 7:12 PM
I've also noticed that if you invite them round late, they tend to not show up - but not tell you they won't show up.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:31 PM
to me this happened once (i play very little sims3) but i noticed when i invited the sim, over the phone, that she was out (not at home) and perhaps she went to work or something. that was my guess then. and she was certainly not standing outside "my" house, not at the door and not on the lot.