Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2013 at 6:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Foreign voices out of nowhere
Hi there guys

I'm having an annoyance with my game since I've installed the Into the future-expansion pack. When playing with my family, I can randomly hear other sims greeting (like "Sul-Sul" and these phrases, but really only these greeting phrases) even though no one besides my own family is on the lot. Sometimes the voices are quiet for some minutes, then I can hear several of these greetings in a row or even at once. Both male and female voices appear at the default tune that is set in CAS. They only occur if I play in a normal zoomed in view, if I zoom out so that the icon to change to the map view appears there are no voices. Even at night when the game is sped up, I can hear the voices with a higher pitch like all the game sounds. They always sound like the person talking would stand right in front of me at the highest zoom level.

As I played, I noticed that these voices aren't restricted to my home lot, I heard them on my way to the grocery store as well. At first I tried to ignore these voices completely, but I just can't. It's so annoying to hear them all the time even when I'm all alone. I tried several things to get rid of these ghost voices: As I had put the time machine into my sim's inventar, I sold it (don't need it anyway). The game rested quiet for some minutes and I thought "Well, that was easy. Thank god it's over." Then I entered buy mode as I needed some furniture for my still unborn child - and after I did that and returned to the game, it just started all over. I did reset the lot with NRaas MasterController, that didn't help either. I tried some other settings with my NRaas mods, nothing worked. I'm really really mad right now. Hope I don't get to hear voices in real life, haha.

Does anyone else have this annoyance as well and does know more about it? I updated all of my mods just two days ago to the newest patch level (1.63), but I didn't try the game without mods yet. I didn't try out other families in other saves of my game as well, but I will do these things as soon as possible. Apart from these strange voices, my game works perfectly fine, I actually never encountered any of the horrific bugs those endless patch notes told about ever...

Maybe some notes about my game and my computer are useful, so here you go:
  • I play in normal Sunset Valley from the base game, but edited the town a bit.
  • It's week 2, day 3 in my game, the voices appear since the very first day I started with my current family. I started the whole savegame with this family after I installed ITF.
  • I have all of the expansion packs and every stuff pack installed, no exceptions whatsoever. Most of the games were purchased and downloaded via Origin, except the base game itself, WA, AMB, LN, Pets, SN, Seasons, HELS, OLS and FLS.
  • Plus, I own lots of store stuff and some custom content from this site, but not that much.
  • My computer uses Windows 7 eXtreme Service Pack 1, has 8 GB of RAM, uses a AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series graphics card and the game has the latest updates and patches installed.

I hope you can help a bit, or at least have a laugh with me about the whole ridiculous thing, maybe that helps as well.

Greetings from Germany

Are you looking for translations of mods or catalogue descriptions?
I am a professional translator and interpreter for English-German and French-German.
Ask me if you need a translation into or from one of these three langauges, I'd love to provide! :)
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 4:09 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

Are there floating thought bubbles, but no Sims, i.e invisible Sims?
Reset the whole town/world? Didn't help?
It occurs on your current setup while the Household is in the homeworld of Sunset Valley? Haven't traveled to WA worlds or University or Oasis Landing?

Go ahead and try the games without mods, or any CC...and we'll also await news of the extent of corruption - if it is just this Save or all Saves or on a new cc-free game as well.

We need to know all that before we can even suggest what to try next.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:40 PM
Thank you for your reply

Quote:
Are there floating thought bubbles, but no Sims, i.e invisible Sims?

No, there is literally nothing. No other sims are on my lot, and I take it as a proof that the NRaas mod doesn't show any other sim-map tags on my lot in map view (except for my own family of course).

Quote:
It occurs on your current setup while the Household is in the homeworld of Sunset Valley? Haven't traveled to WA worlds or University or Oasis Landing?

Exactly. I have neither traveled to any sub neigborhood nor moved from one world to another, the family bought the house in Sunset Valley and remained there until now. I started with a single sim that I created and had him fall in love with a randomly created NPC, they married and moved together and they now have a little son.

Quote:
Go ahead and try the games without mods, or any CC...and we'll also await news of the extent of corruption - if it is just this Save or all Saves or on a new cc-free game as well.

I tried it first with the Specter household in Midnight Hollow, still with mods and CC enabled. It's a save that I started before I installed ITF, but actually never really played it (I saved upon entering the game, paused it, got some looks on the town and exited it again). No voices occured here. Then I returned to my Sunset Valley save, where I could hear the voices again after not even a single minute of playing.

I tried resetting the town then. At first, I made a backup save and named it "Sunset Valley 2". I'm not sure if I did everything correctly because I have the German version of NRaas, I selected MasterController on the computer, chose 'Town' and then 'Reset everything'. The game worked for some minutes, then I got a message in German saying "16.207 objects got reset." But I still do hear those occasional voices after that.

I created a CC-free modless game with the AnyGameStarter and played there with the Bachelor family in normal Sunset Valley. Again - no voices.

I guess it's a problem with my savegame, as it doesn't appear in other families. Next, I will try and put the whole family and the house into the library and create a new Sunset Valley to place them there and see if that solves the problem.

I am a professional translator and interpreter for English-German and French-German.
Ask me if you need a translation into or from one of these three langauges, I'd love to provide! :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:21 PM
Do you have the Wishing Well somewhere or the Brain Enhancing Machine from UL?
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:35 PM
Have you tried moving them to a new house to see if the voices go away? You said that they disappear when you zoom out so that makes me think that they're locational.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Dec 2013 at 9:37 AM Last edited by Nasenfahrrad : 17th Dec 2013 at 10:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Do you have the Wishing Well somewhere or the Brain Enhancing Machine from UL?

No. There is neither the Wishing Well nor the Brain Enhancing Machine.

Quote: Originally posted by akaviris
Have you tried moving them to a new house to see if the voices go away? You said that they disappear when you zoom out so that makes me think that they're locational.

I didn't try that out, maybe that's the solution. Thank you

As I don't have much time today, I will try the following things tomorrow:
- Resetting all three family members, especially my wife as she is a randomly created townie that I married and the male voices stopped completely. I only hear her voice now. I'm so confused .__.
- Moving into another lot in the same world and look if that solves the problem.
- Trying another household in the same Sunset Valley and look if the voices appear there as well. I only tried another world where nothing happened, maybe it's a problem with Sunset Valley?
- Putting the whole family with the house into the lot library and placing it in a freshly created Sunset Valley.

Thank you so much for your answers
Have a nice day :3

EDIT:
I tried another household in the same Sunset Valley world. And guess what - the voices appeared there as well, being the same as with my own created family. I tried Pauline Wan. She lives on her own in my world (broke up with Hank), if that should be noteworthy. So I guess that the problem exists within the save file as it spreads onto other households as well.

ANOTHER EDIT:
Okay, I started a completely new game in a custom world called New Sunset Valley (it's basically a larger and extended version of Sunset Valley) and so far nothing happened. I guess the problem was in the Sunset Valley save file. I'm glad that you answered in this topic to help me Thank you very much!

Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 5:23 PM
I know this is years late, but if anyone else has this problem and finds this thread on Google (like I did), I may have something to add...it's almost definitely CC related. Try taking out all your CC and loading your game to see if it goes away. Mine did. If it does, it's time to start halving CC and loading into your game repeatedly, until you've narrowed it down to the final culprit. This works best if you have package files. For interest sake, the mod to blame in my folder was 'Ani's Business as Unusual' - the menu and the oven. Updating the mod to that of my patch level seemed to resolve the issue luckily, as it's one of my favourites! Just note that Ani's mods have moved to Nraas, so go there if you need the updated version. If this isn't the mod to blame for you, just winnow out whichever one is. I used a gym to test whether or not the voices were present with each load, because somehow these voices were relentless on this particular property. This may not all apply to you, but it's a rough guide. Find a plot where the voices persist, check your CC, etc. It happened to me following installation of ITF as well, so this may well be to blame in some way. Happy simming
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 5:55 AM
I know this is late, but this was happening in my game. I have read all sorts of solutions, but you guys helped me look around the community as possible culprits. I was playing in Sunset Valley, and I have tons of Mods and CC's, including Kicker's Animated WooHoo mod, which is now out of date. Turns out, two Sims, Hank Goddard and some other girl were stuck WooHooing on a park bench next door to my Sims' house at Mix Master Karaoke! I could only hear Hank's voice, and once I re-set him, the voice stopped. I could hear him like he was in the same room!! I guess he was enjoying himself...But it was driving me MAD! Thank goodness I found him.

Look at your lots and not just on them, and you won't have to reset games, lots, or move your families in and out!