Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2015 at 12:20 AM
Default Having problem with my CC textures in the game but cannot find the source of it
So I'm having problems with my CC textures in the game but cannot find the source of it. My sims look like this:

The glitch is corrupting the skin too and no makeup applies or brows/tattoos.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
Try turning off the "laptop" thing in the options of the game if it's checked. I had it checked and got this glitch in the hair as well.

It's not. I think there's some other mode affecting the textures but I cannot find it.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 6:17 AM
Have you tried the uncompressed sim textures option?

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Scholar
#4 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 6:17 AM
Did you check the game options to make sure laptop mode is not on?
That looks like a laptop mode texture issue to me.
Only other way if its not that is to take out all CC and do the 50/50 method to work out which CC is causing you the problem.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 7:51 AM
Here is something else you can do: since Zerbu's CC tracker doesn't seem to be working, I have found a program that does work and will eliminate the need to do the 50/50 on crap content. If you have already determined that the problem is not with your graphics settings (although, when you download hair in the future, especially, do read the notes because many creators will tell you that the hair will not look right if the laptop mode is checked) but that the content is crizap, I recommend this program. I love this and am sooooo happy to have it. The Sims 4 Tray importer http://external.informer.com/lunive...les%2Ffile%2F73. This is how I use it:

create a sim with ONLY crap content, or stuff you have decided you now don't like. save and exit the game. start up the application and it will show you your tray files. click on the crap sim and tell it to export with CC. It will SHOW you all of the CC on that sim, which you can then go and delete, or if you are a glutton for punishment, track down and see if you forgot the mesh or if it has been updated. It will not actually export anything.

I have not tried it with houses, but it looks like you can do the same thing with them, to get rid of all the content you have now decided you hate or is borked.

I DO NOT recommend you use this to actually export/import your creations with other peeps' custom content, and this is also not how I use it. most of them have TOU that do not allow that. However, this is a wonderful program to get rid of bad content. Let us all pray to the Tray importer fairies that this program is either always updated or never gets broken.
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:18 PM
Uh
if you still have the same problem then I would suggest you to delete all your cc or find the one that causes this problem.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th May 2018 at 12:24 PM
Laptop mode is on, as you can see your screenie is in windowed mode
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:06 PM Last edited by 8265jww : 13th May 2018 at 8:00 PM.
You can play in windowed mode without laptop mode even being on. In fact, EA tells you if your textures are wonky try playing in Windowed mode and if that still doesn’t help try turning laptop on. I have a gaming laptop and I’ve played the game on it in windowed mode so I can access other programs without leaving the game and I’ve never ever had laptop on.

Anyhow, make sure Uncompressed Sim Textures in your settings is checkmarked - it being not checked can lead to strange textures on a Sim. See if that helps.