Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Astronaut Work from Home

by NoelleBellefleur Posted 30th Dec 2017 at 6:38 PM - Updated 23rd Feb 2020 at 5:00 PM by NoelleBellefleur

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 5:58 PM Last edited by wanderz : 11th Feb 2021 at 1:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by JoFCUK
I joined the astronaut career using this mod, everything works fine apart from the pay. I'm currently at level 3 and the pay is $52 per hr. Doing the tasks when working from home gives my sim around $200 per day, actually going into work via rabbit hole gives my sims $412 per day.

well.. i thought this was the same mistake i made where it shows half pay twice per day.. but i played using the techguru work from home and can confirm the pay is off on each level i fixed mine. for the first level it said "$31 per hour for an 8 hour day" so.. $248 for the day, but each of the two assignments would pay only $62, meaning i got a total of $124 total for the day.
i opened up the mod package in sims studio and there is a line (around line 400) that says "Pay_for_assignments_per_day" and the number after is what the pay should be per assignment, not per day.. which now i'm really curious if EA changed how this worked or it's been like that all along and nobody noticed.

i could easily deal with getting slightly less money per day, but not half as much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 6th Mar 2021 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wanderz
well.. i thought this was the same mistake i made where it shows half pay twice per day.. but i played using the techguru work from home and can confirm the pay is off on each level i fixed mine. for the first level it said "$31 per hour for an 8 hour day" so.. $248 for the day, but each of the two assignments would pay only $62, meaning i got a total of $124 total for the day.
i opened up the mod package in sims studio and there is a line (around line 400) that says "Pay_for_assignments_per_day" and the number after is what the pay should be per assignment, not per day.. which now i'm really curious if EA changed how this worked or it's been like that all along and nobody noticed.

i could easily deal with getting slightly less money per day, but not half as much.

Hello, I also tested it with another career and indeed it gives half amount of money. I will fix this along with the update needed for the recent patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 10th Jan 2023 at 6:02 AM
You should come back and update these work from home mods they’re so good.
Page 2 of 2