Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:01 AM
Default WCIF teen apartment mod
At the moment teens living alone in an apartment cannot ask anyone to be their roommate. Also, no one, not even adults, can ask teen townies to be a roommate. Is there a mod that changes both these, so that teenagers can have roommates, and teenage townies can be roommates?
Thanks
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 11:31 AM
Squinge's Find Roommate Enabled for Teens: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93546.0.html

I'm not sure how having teen apartment roommates goes though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Squinge's Find Roommate Enabled for Teens: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,93546.0.html

I'm not sure how having teen apartment roommates goes though.

Unfortunately the mod you linked is only of limited use... It only activates the "search for roommate" actions on the computer and phone, but doesn't activate the "Propose - be roommate" social interaction for teenagers. So not only does it not help with getting teens as roommates, it unfortunately won't even let me get anyone beyond the most basic pool.
Thanks for your help anyway.
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:49 PM
CJH_UniApartments.zip (194.7 kB)
Enables Apartments to be used by young adults at university neighbourhoods, teens to be apartment residents/roommates and apartments to be configured as a Retirement Home.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 2:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Enables Apartments to be used by young adults at university neighbourhoods, teens to be apartment residents/roommates and apartments to be configured as a Retirement Home.

Does your mod also affect how dorms are handled by the game? Or will it just make apartment lots function as they are supposed to, but in a UNI 'Hood?
And thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#6 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 3:17 PM
No, does not effect dorms just apartments.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:35 PM
But it will only work in a Uni hood/

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:28 PM

Thanks very much! I'll give it a try at the weekend!
Scholar
#9 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
But it will only work in a Uni hood/

No. In university neighbourhoods it will only use young adults as apartment residents, that overrides retirement homes. In any other (non-holiday) neighbourhood if the apartment is configured as a retirement home only retired elders will be apartment residents. If the apartment is not a retirement home then teens may be included with the default ages, the lower the status the higher the chance of teens.

At universities and retirement homes there is a significant rent subsidy/reduction.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:33 PM
Enables ... apartments to be configured as a Retirement Home.

I'm loving the teen enabling aspects of this mod, but can't get the retirement home thing to work. I put a birdbath on an apartment lot, moved a retired couple in, but the game crashes as soon as they try to rent a place.