Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2011 at 6:05 PM
Default Importing .obj files from Wings into TSRW groups issue.
Ok, so I made a mesh in Wings 3D, and because I don't have milkshape anymore I can't turn my mesh into a TSRW object. Previously I would export my mesh as an .obj from Wings 3D and then import it into Milkshape, then I would export it as a TSRW file from their using the plugin.

However, when I loaded TSRW today I discovered that it had the option to export .obj files and import .obj files under the meshing tab. So I exported a table lamp as a .obj and imported it into Wings 3D, it showed me both group_0 and group_1, the latter was the mesh and the first was that plate thing with 4 vertices that sits below the mesh.

So I scaled my mesh to fit and replaced group_1 with my mesh and left group_0 untouched. I then exported it to an .obj file. When I went to import it back to TSRW however, I got an error saying:

Quote:
'Could not import OBJ. Make sure the number of vertices is 4.
Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array.'

So I tried changing around group_0 and group_1 just in case, but same error message. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance
DD

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 3rd May 2011 at 10:10 PM
Im having the same errors, watever object i clone
You might want to try fbx importer and bypass Milkshape(export from Wings as fbx format and import in TSRW as fbx)
Both programs still have issue's with fbx format but maybe it will work....
Wiki Wizard
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2011 at 5:28 PM
Oh no i was so hoping you wouldn't say that XD Ok i'll give fbx a go and we'll see how that works out :P

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.