Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 10:04 PM
Tutorials for making custom hair colors?
So yeah, I'm looking for a tutorial(tutorials) on how to make custom colors for the Maxis hair styles(for females and males)--not looking to make new meshes or whatever. I've found some tutorials but they just show how to just recolor one or two hairstyles.

....Or is it that I would have to recolor each and every hairstyle in the game with all the new colors I want to make and then put them(the newly colored hair) in the game? Because holy cow that would be tedious. And seriously time consuming.

I was just finding the current Maxis selection of hair colors a bit boring(that and my daughter wanted a certain color for a character she wanted to make). Yes, I know there are some new colors for the Maxis hair out, but I wanted to make my own. And find out how they did it!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 3:16 AM
I just discovered that too..that you must recolor ALL hairs, if you want all hairs to have your new color as an option. yes! Imagine the work...
I still want to make default replacement for all the unnatural colors but..ouch..will I, you think? lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Jan 2017 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I just discovered that too..that you must recolor ALL hairs, if you want all hairs to have your new color as an option. yes! Imagine the work...
I still want to make default replacement for all the unnatural colors but..ouch..will I, you think? lol

Yikes....

Well, I guess I'll just keep hoping that maybe someday Maxis will make it where we can recolor things(hair,etc) in the game, again...(but I'm not holding my breath).

Thanks Rosebine!