Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 5:08 PM
Default Hidden Third Child
This is my first challenge so I hope you like it! (p.s. I do not own any of the sims games but i will soon get sims 3. If I am Incorrect about anything, please let me know )

This challenge is based on the among the hidden books by Margaret Petterson Haddix where the government has placed the population law because they believe its necessary. They say you can have two children and not a third. But, Of course not everyone follows every rule. There are some families who have a third child, The children are called shadow children. The Challenge is that you need to have three children of your choice gender. The third one must be hidden. Things you could do would be, hide all their belongings when another sim is visiting, hide their room: have them sleep in the attic, Basement etc..

Rules-
*You must keep the child unseen by strangers at all times. You could fence in the backyard if you like.
*The child can be friends with his/her siblings
*The child must not go to school but he/she can read/study at home
*you can do whatever you want with relationships but in the book the siblings were rude and the father was strict.
*you can use different mods but none to hide the child
*You cannot move the child into another house

Goal-
*Your goal is the child to have a successful life without being seen: they could move out and change their name.
*Be creative! Have fun doing this challenge!

How you Lose-
*If your child is seen
*The child never fulfills their lifetime goals
*If your child dies

Link to Margaret Peterson Haddix's blog, Among the hidden: http://www.haddixbooks.com/books/hidden.html

I hope you like it! Happy Simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:36 AM
Sounds like a cool challenge, I might try it out someday.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:37 PM
I love Among the Hidden. It's one of my favorite books! Anyway good challenge, I'm definitely going to be doing this challenge.

Challenge Accepted
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 3:46 PM
Good idea!
I'm doing something similar with one of my families. Mom had an affair with their cook and became pregnant. Dad found out. He has exiled the child to the basement and will not allow him to come to the main floor and interact with the rest of the family. The difference is that the child is not hidden from the world but forbidden to come into the patriarch's presence.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 5:15 PM
Interesting, I haven't read the books, but I'll try the challenge!
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:09 AM
Default Derp
I wanna point out i read that whole series i havent read about this challenge yet but im looking forward to it :P
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 4:47 AM
i love those books i think i made my own version of this challenge a year ago but didn't post it cool challenge bro
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Jul 2016 at 10:58 PM
I love the books. I'm going to do this challenge and base it off the characters
Test Subject
#9 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 2:47 AM
i'm trying this out