Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 2:52 AM Last edited by StarBurst24 : 27th Feb 2015 at 11:20 PM.
Default The Boarding School for the Gifted Challenge
This is my first challenge, so please bear with me!

I haven't seen many boarding school challenges, so I decided to create one myself! I had the idea to make a boarding school challenge from the Performing Arts Challenge found here.

Anyways, let's start!

Recommended Expansions
University Life
Late Night

Backstory

You sim was always ambitious. They exceled in school. Once your sim grew into a young adult, they wanted to pass their knowledge to future generations. That is how The Boarding School for the Gifted came to be!

CAS

First, you should create a young adult/adult. They will serve as the teacher. They can look however you want. They should have the ambitious trait. The rest are up to you.

You may hire a maid or/and a butler.

(I would recommend mods to increase the family size!) Next, you should create your students. You do not have to have a even amount of males and females. Students can be children or teens. I recommend teens. They can have a uniform if you would like and they can look however you would like. Your students should have one of the majors.

MAJORS

Art: The students in this major focus on their art skills. They should have the artistic trait.
Music: The students in this major focus on their music skills. They should have the virtuoso trait.
Culinary: The students in this major focus on their cooking skills (Note: Only teenagers can cook!) They should have the natural cook trait.
Theatre: The students in this major focus on their charisma skills. They should have the charismatic trait or/and (optional) dramatic
Science: The students in this major focus on their logic and (if you have University Life) science skills. They should have the genius trait.

*You don't have to use all the majors*

Build/Buy Mode

*You may use motherlode as many times as you want! *

Now it's time to build the school! The main building should contain:
An Art Room: Art easels, paintings, desks, a podium (if you have University Life) and anything else that has to do with art.
A Music Room: Music instruments, desks, a podium and anything else musical.
A Cooking Room/Kitchen: Fridges, counters, stoves, sinks or dishwashers, tables and chairs, desks and a podium
An Auditorium: (Theatre students will use this) Mirrors, podiums, stage, seating and anything else you see fit.
A Science Lab The chemistry station (Generations), desks, a podium and anything else 'science-y'
Detention Room: Desks and a teacher's desk with a computer on the teacher's desk.

Dorms:
Girls Dorms: A room for each girl.
Boys Dorms: A room for each boy.
Bathrooms: Bathrooms. (Can be one in girls dorms and can be one in boys dorms)
Cafeteria: Kitchen, tables, chairs for each student.
Study Room: Bookshelves, computers, chairs, tables, paintings, sculptures, etc.

(Note: You can either demolish the school or use a homeschooling mod!)

Classes

Art 101: The teacher gives a lecture about the art skill to art students (if you have University Life) or art students paint small paintings.
Inspiration: Art students view artwork (they can go to art gallery to do this, but they don't have too. Bring the teacher with them)
Advanced Art: Art students paint medium and large paintings.
Gifted Art: (Note: Students must have the appropriate skill level) Art students paint portraits, still life, etc.

Classical Music: Music students play piano, violin (if you have it from the Store) or bass
Jammin': Music students jam with other music students.
Music 101: The teacher gives a lecture about the music skill to music students (if you have University Life) or music students play any instrument.
Sheet Music: (Note: Students must have the appropriate skill level) Music students read sheet music.

Cooking 101: The teacher gives a lecture about the cooking skill to cooking students (if you have University Life) or cooking students practice cooking.
Tasting: Cooking students go out to eat at a restaurant (they do not have to bring the teacher with them).
Recipe Studying: Students learn new recipes.

Charisma 101: The teacher gives a lecture about the charisma skill to the theatre students (if you have University Life) or theatre students practice speeches using a mirror.
Socialization: Theatre students socialize with each other to increase charisma skill (Note: Students must have at least one skill in charisma to increase charisma skill through socialization.
Writing: Theatre students write via the computer.
Novel Reading: Theatre students read books, simple.

Science/Logic 101 The teacher gives a lecture about the logic/science skill to science students (if you have University Life) or science students use the chemistry lab set.
Chess: Science students play chess.
Reading Logic Books: Science students read logic books.

*To give a lecture, use the podium*

Art Students:
Class 1: Art 101
Class 2: Inspiration
Class 3: Gifted Art or (if skill isn't high enough) Advanced Art
Class 4: Advanced Art

Music Students:
Class 1: Classical Music
Class 2: Music 101
Class 3: Sheet Music
Class 4: Jammin'

Cooking Students:
Class 1: Tasting (Cooking student skip breakfast)
Class 2: Recipe Studying
Class 3: Cooking 101
Class 4: Skill Building

Theatre Students:

Class 1: Writing
Class 2: Novel Reading
Class 3: Socialization
Class 4: Charisma 101

Science Students:
*Science students have a special schedule*
Class 1: Chess
Class 2: Reading Logic Books
Class 3: Skill Building
Class 4: Skill Building
*See Schedule (below)*

Schedule:

MONDAYS THROUGH THURSDAYS:
5:30 - Wake up
6:00 - Breakfast
8:00 - Class 1
10:00 - Break
11:00 - Class 2
1:00 - Break
2:00 - Class 3
4:00 - Break
5:00 - Class 4/Skill Building
7:00 - Dinner
8:00 - Free/Study*
11:00 - Bed

Feel free to change the schedule!
*Study is were student work on homework (if you use a homeschooling mod). Students can do whatever they like during Free/Study.

Students can do whatever they want on Saturdays and Sundays!

FRIDAYS:
On Fridays, students do electives (see below). Science students will have Science/Logic 101 from 8:00 A.M. to 10:00 A.M., then they will go to their electives.

Electives:

Here are the electives students can do. Any student can do any elective. Students can do more than on elective. They will do one elective one Friday, and then the other elective the next Friday.

DJing (if you have Showtime) - Students use the DJ booth.
Band - Students will play non-string instruments (if that makes any sense!)
Orchestra - Students play string instruments
Dance - Students dance using the stereo
Journalism/Writing - Students will write via computer.

Rules

No staying up past 11:00!
No romantic relationships!
No fighting!
No going to community lots without the teacher!
No skipping class!

If a teacher catches students breaking any of these rules (teacher is in the same room) the student(s) will receive detention! Detention will be served on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.

Graduation

A student graduates as soon as they become a young adult (move them out). A new student will replace them. Keep one student to be the new teacher once the current teacher becomes an elder.

Scoring:

+5 points for each student
+25 points for each graduating student
-15 points for a butler/maid
+2 points for each skill level earned.
-2 points for each detention.
+50 for each skill mastered by a student.
+5 if you use a homeschooling mod
-50 for each death (besides old age)

There you have it! Hopefully this isn't to complicated, but if it is, I'll be happy to answer any of your questions!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:02 PM
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 9:44 PM
Love the idea. Yesterday I started to build and mess around in Mayfield Springs to be more like a university town. I also decided to add a few more classes like athletic, dancing, writing. I think I'll make a story soon.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KattyD
Love the idea. Yesterday I started to build and mess around in Mayfield Springs to be more like a university town. I also decided to add a few more classes like athletic, dancing, writing. I think I'll make a story soon.

Awesome! I'd love to read the story!
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 6:58 PM Last edited by Berkster : 1st Mar 2015 at 7:11 PM. Reason: none
Quote:
KattyD: Love the idea. Yesterday I started to build and mess around in Mayfield Springs to be more like a university town. I also decided to add a few more classes like athletic, dancing, writing. I think I'll make a story soon.
I was wondering if you could copy your school/university world and I could use it in mine? (P.S. I have TS2, TS3, AND TS4.)
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 7:58 PM
I'm not building a new world, I just edit a old one.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 9:22 PM
Quote:
KattyD: I'm not building a new world, I just edit a old one.
I know, but when you finish, can you get the finished product to me?
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 2:20 PM
If I do a good job, I will.
Test Subject
#9 Old 2nd Mar 2015 at 8:25 PM
Quote:
KattyD: If I do a good job, I will.
Thanks!
Test Subject
#10 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 3:17 AM
do you know any good worlds to play this in? i don't have a lot of store content worlds and whenever i try to download a world from a different website, doesn't work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by berlyn11
do you know any good worlds to play this in? i don't have a lot of store content worlds and whenever i try to download a world from a different website, doesn't work

Any world would work. You just need a world with a large lot (I recommend a 50x50 or 60x60 lot). You could build the school in Sunset Valley near the Altos.
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 3:00 PM
Awesome! Like someone I've added: Dance Class, Sports/P.E Class, Writing, Horse Riding (Pets EP), I.C.T/IT/Computing xD And Media!!! #Best Challenge Ever!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyFrench
Awesome! Like someone I've added: Dance Class, Sports/P.E Class, Writing, Horse Riding (Pets EP), I.C.T/IT/Computing xD And Media!!! #Best Challenge Ever!!!

Thanks so much! I appreciate it! I'm glad you like it!