Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 12:38 PM
Default Need Help With Allowing Throw Alchemy Potion At Baby
Hello! I've already edited "ThrowAlchemyPotion_AlchemyPotion" ITUN on GamePlayData and added "P" on the ages value so the code is like this :
<AgeSpeciesAvail AgeSpeciesValue="P,C,T,Y,A,E" /> but in game I'm not still able to see the toddler on the list of aviable sim.

The weird thing is that when I edited "ThrowAtSim_AlchemyPotion" ITUN and add "P" value in the game my toddler is able to throw the potion on other sim but of course the animation is distorted.

Of course I'm not an experted modder but why the first Itun doesn't work???

PS: I've tried to edit "DrinkPotion_AlchemyPotion" too but the drink potion interation appears but is disabled and it says "sim can't drink this potion" no matter whitch kind of potion.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 13th Mar 2017 at 7:42 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 15th Mar 2017 at 9:12 PM.
I think it's because toddlers are protected from everything, they're basically immortal in a vanilla game. Some even tell a horror story of a house all in flames with the toddler sitting in the middle of the flames laughing (because he was watching the tv, but still..).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 10:28 AM
Yes I sow some videos in youtube XD I just thought it was nice enable some harmless potion 4 toddler XD
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 4:45 PM
One does not simply throw potions at baby.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 8:09 PM
If we could truly emulate a horror show on TS3, instead of suffering its effects baby could be trained to catch and throw the same potion back atcha.

There are things we can try to tune in this game with tuning files or NRaas Retuner that will just have no impact because they are hard blocked by the game's core. Try to get a teen to gamble on slot machines or the poker table, for instance. It's just not gonna work because that would, I don't know, be the end of society as we know it I guess.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 1:34 PM
Based on code, it also checks if the target Sim can consume that potion. So, in order to allow it you should edit the XML of Alchemy Recipes and allow Toddlers/Babies there.

That's the only restriction I could find and that might do the trick, although I'm not sure about consequences. Keep in mind the whole potion thing has been programmed knowing Babies wouldn't be affected so you might experience Sims being reset and errors of all sorts if you do that.

If you still want to do it, just out of curiosity or for fun, make sure you keep a copy of your save

Nothing's real. Nothing's unreal either.
The frontier between true and untrue is a shady fuzzy line.
Destiny, or maybe the long flight's time-span, shall decide the issue.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 11:15 AM
Quote:
Based on code, it also checks if the target Sim can consume that potion. So, in order to allow it you should edit the XML of Alchemy Recipes and allow Toddlers/Babies there.

Ty for help!!!! I tried to enable bliss potion just to test and I used "ThrowAtSim_AlchemyPotion" and "DrinkPotion_AlchemyPotion" ITUN and toddler can throw potion too, but the animation is distorted in both the case if adult sim throw potion and if the baby drink it. Then I continue replacing the first itun with "ThrowAlchemyPotion_AlchemyPotion" but the aduld stop the animation right before throwing and toddler can't throw. However even I continue test for make it work properly I am not able to do the animation Thanks for help!!!