Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 4:26 AM
Default Improper stray pet interactions, no adopt option, interactions disappear from queue
I'm having a problem interacting with stray pets. When any sim attempts to interact with them, they (both) jump and the action disappears from the queue. Additionally, the options when clicking on a stray pet aren't what you should see. All social options are there regardless of relationship. For example, a stray pet my sim's just met has all the affection options like "hug" and "pick up pet" when they really should just have what I think is "watch" or "let sniff hand" or something similar. There's never an option to adopt any stray pet. The option never appears, not that it doesn't work. I have some mods, including nraas. I've removed all CC -- at least I think I have -- and the problem persists. I had a jump bug like this before, but I got a corresponding ErrorTrap report with it. This time there's no ErrorTrap. The last bug with the ErrorTrap error was fixed by updating a tuning mod, so I checked all of mine again. This time it didn't help. Can someone suggest a next step?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 11:29 AM
Instead of checking for updates, if I'm understanding what you've already tried correctly, perhaps try a test run with all non-NRaas mods removed and the scriptCache.package file cleared and see if the behavior changes back to "normal"? If so, then it becomes a matter of isolating which one(s) might be the culprit(s).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Instead of checking for updates, if I'm understanding what you've already tried correctly, perhaps try a test run with all non-NRaas mods removed and the scriptCache.package file cleared and see if the behavior changes back to "normal"? If so, then it becomes a matter of isolating which one(s) might be the culprit(s).

I have done so and the problem persists.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 4:46 PM
Maybe a test run with no mods at all, caches cleared. And a test run on a new game. Or, a bit more drastic, a test run on a on a new game in a clean game folder (pull the old one out of Documents or rename it for safekeeping) to see what happens?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:38 AM
No mods, caches cleared, not a new game = problem persists
Clean game folder, no mods = no strays appear in world at all
Clean game folder, some nraas mods = problem persists
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Midori
No mods, caches cleared, not a new game = problem persists
Clean game folder, no mods = no strays appear in world at all
Clean game folder, some nraas mods = problem persists

And it doesn't matter which world is being played?

I think I can understand the middle one, clean folder, no mods leading to no strays at all. There was an EA flub somewhere along the line where the chances of strays spawning was made 1/10 (or maybe it was 1/100) of what it should have been. NRaas Register is, I believe, supposed to compensate for that. Or it could be that the points on this map where strays are supposed to spawn are in unfortunate places, but that wouldn't explain the other things.

Perhaps a post at NRaas? The rest of us are seeing at least some strays in most of our worlds that allow for them and aren't having these odd things happen with the interaction menus, at least as far as I know.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 2:44 AM
Right, it doesn't matter which world is played. I was playing in a custom world, but tested in Isla Paradiso, Bridgeport, and Appaloosa Plains. I'll cross-post to NRaas.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Midori
Right, it doesn't matter which world is played. I was playing in a custom world, but tested in Isla Paradiso, Bridgeport, and Appaloosa Plains. I'll cross-post to NRaas.

IP does not support strays and the horses are constantly getting stuck. That's not a world that is "stray friendly" if at all. It was my understanding that IP as well as Bridgeport and other EA cities are not set up for strays but that's not to say the cities can not have strays. Appaloosa Plains would be your bet bet to check out the settings I linked to In Your Thread Over At NRaas.