Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 8:50 PM
Great Job!

(:)-|-<
Add this ninja to your Sig so he can assasinate this Forum.

Master
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 1:49 AM
Default Foundation Stairs appearing through the floor
Quote: Originally posted by John55
I have a question... That you may know the answer to. When you put the stairs from the second floor to lets say the third floors with and open loft at the top. I have noticed that the bottom where the steps are suppose to end.. They go right to the first floor. It is not seen at each floor. It is just seen when you look from top to the bottom it is seen .. Is there away to keep that from showing up..? If you could see in the center of the photo the three set of stairs... Sorry but that is the best I can do on these photos

I think this is what John55 had a question about.

[IMG]D:\Documents and Settings\Tanya\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling\stairs1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]D:\Documents and Settings\Tanya\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Storytelling\stairs2.jpg[/IMG]

Is thier anyway to hide that?
Mad Poster
#28 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 11:08 AM
What?

John55 wanted it to show up while fly4mic wanted it to hide away...?

Oh, anyway... the stair was first designed to allow users to view from certain ranges of angles and axes... So there'd be some sides of objects wouldn't reveal anyway, and so keeping those parts drawn was a waste of resources... Thus, the makers of those objects decided to skip mapping for certain parts to save system resources...

But when, custom settings allow such free views, all those presumed settings make the objects look incomplete.

That's indeed nobody's fault.

But, what can we do?
We may find out the the corresponding txmt files and try to set the cullmode into none to see if any improvement can be made, say a global replacement mod.

Lol, this thread has been very olde and I don't see any real importance on this thread to be a sticky.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#29 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 12:15 PM
Can I just point out that at dinnerbell I have some half-landing and winding non-modular staircases that can help out in awkward corners. You need to place them with move_objects after building the rest of the house, but at least they don't distort the walls or need dummy levels or anything.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Apr 2007 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Can I just point out that at dinnerbell I have some half-landing and winding non-modular staircases that can help out in awkward corners. You need to place them with move_objects after building the rest of the house, but at least they don't distort the walls or need dummy levels or anything.

OMG, can I just say that I *love* you? Nearly everything I make is a cottage home with siding or brick walls, so I need a half-staircase but can't screw up my wallcoverings putting one in! It's made things very tricky!! Your downloads are a dream come true!
Mad Poster
#31 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 8:58 AM
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 12:05 PM
Very Neat, I've actually did one of those before I looked at it. Freaky huhn?

Emo's say 'yay'... just with a dead
I'm now playing and making stuff for Sims 3 so I'll give my name: Tempting_Fate nothing up at moment. Still getting used to it.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies
Page 2 of 2