Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 4:59 AM
Default What Did You Do With The Viper Canyon Characters?
Yes, yes, I know - another neighbourhood thread. But I feel like meetmetotheriver/Tarlia's Viper Canyon deserves a thread of its own! I know from the survey thread that I posted last week that I'm not the only one who is playing or has played Viper Canyon, so I hope that some of you will share your stories here :-)

For those of you who have never heard of Viper Canyon, it's a desert 'hood which is home to all of the sim bin households - like the Newsons, the Ottomai, the Travellers and so on - as well as the Kat and Kim households. I really like the way it's set up - all of the houses are nice, and there's a good range of differently priced properties available, the community lots are well thought out and varied and all of the sims are moved into their new homes and ready to play!

So, have you played/are you playing Viper Canyon? Share your stories, thoughts and maybe even occasional pictures (behind spoiler tags, please!) here! :-) I've been playing the 'hood for a sim-week so far, and a lot has happened already. But I'm shy and I don't want to be the first to share :-P
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:30 AM
I've downloaded that some time ago - both for main and business - but have yet to play it. (I like the bin families, have just spent hours building all of them houses in my new hood and then - well, long story). So I'm actually considering it at this very moment
Scholar
#3 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:40 PM Last edited by Enki : 1st Nov 2014 at 1:03 PM. Reason: took out a question that was answered elsewhere
Thank you for bringing up this topic! I´m using Tarlia´s main neighborhoods turned into shopping districts for some time now, but somehow missed this one.

Earlier this year I played a short challenge where I pretended all the Stealth Hood families were survivors of an asteroid impact that had destroyed their hometown "Simbinningen". The homeless tramps had to persuade the Pleasantview Sims to let them stay. Some succeeded, but some had to move on. Now Viper Canyon looks quite close to what would have been left of once lush Simbinningen after the impact and several years of rebuilding effort. I can imagine adding the town to my Maxis Pleasantview as a subhood and have the displaced sims return to it... only to meet their clones living there.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:56 PM
I haven't played Viper Canyon, although I do have it installed, waiting for me to not be in the mood for any of my other 'hoods.

Before I knew it existed, though, I made a custom 'hood of my own with all the bin sims and only them. In that 'hood, the Goodies had the Critturs and adopted two children, who reached teen before their parents died, so they're now living on their own with a bunch of dogs. The boy is dating Tina Traveller, and the girl hasn't met anyone she likes - it doesn't make it easier that she's a lesbian, so there aren't as many sims to choose from. The Picasos had a boy and a girl, Pablo and Paloma, who are still children. They got one of the Crittur puppies, and bred it to a dog of their own, so they also have several. So do the Travellers. They also have popularity teen Tina, and had triplets after her - Taylor, Teddy and Tonya - so that's really a houseful.

The Ottomases had twin boys, John and James. David married AL townie Jill Fleig, they have a place of their own, and she's pregnant. They have two cats. Sharla is a knowledge teen, bi, and was originally torn between Isaiah Gavigan and Gabriella Newson, but she seems to have settled on Gabriella. Of the three younger boys two are pleasure seekers, and the third is fortune/pleasure, and all have 50 Dream Dates as their LTW. (That's actually what's made me leave the 'hood behind more or less - three in the same family is just too much.) In the Newson house, Ginger and Gavin are about to become adults. Ginger is set on a future with paperboy Alon Livingston. Gavin has been dating Meadow Thayer, but seems more interested in Andrea Hogan. Gabriella (knowledge) is with Sharla, Gallagher likes Chloe Gonzaga the former townie child (he's family,she's knowledge or fortune), Garrett (popularity) has bolts for several girls but hasn't decided on one yet, and Georgia is a romance sim who wants 20 woohoos. There's a whole bunch of pets in the family which different kids will take with them when they get their own places.

The Kims have Justin (pleasure, dates as many different girls as he can) and twin girls, Camilla and Serena. The Ramaswamis have a toddler boy, Navin. The Gavigans have Isaiah (popularity, likes Tina and Sharla but they're both taken) and Jeremiah. Cyd Roseland married AL townie LaShawn Cameron, they have a son named Cameron and another child on the way. They also bred Porthos to a CAS dog and had colorful puppies. Julien Cooke had two bolts for Dora Ottomas, but that never went anywhere serious. Instead he's moved in Sandy Bruty. She's pregnant, but her LTW is 20 Woohoos, so they're not married. They also have a bunch of cats, some of whom hate each other, so I was considering moving her out to pursue her LTW and taking some of the cats with her, while Julien found someone else to settle down with. Tara Kat married Joe Graham the elderly Garden Club member. They have a toddler son named Graham, another kid on the way, and of course her cats.

(Yeah, I'd just installed Pets for the first time when I created this neighborhood, and I was experimenting with it.)
Instructor
#6 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:12 AM
Last week, I created my subhood, Cactus Flats. I was searching for some neighborhood design inspiration on MTS when Viper Canyon popped up in my search and I actually read the description I had heard of Viper Canyon but until a few days ago, I didn't realize that this was a custom hood FOR THE SIMBIN FAMILIES. I thought I was being clever when I decided to move the Ottomas family to Strangetown so David could attend La Fiesta Tech, but I didn't want them to live IN Strangetown...

Anyhow, in Cactus Flats/Viper Canyon:

Cyd Roseland was disappointed to see Kristen Loste decide she is a lesbian and in love with Lola Curious. For now, it seems that Porthos is the only one bringing home the bacon around here...

The Ottomas have been VERY busy! The short version - The twins from hell Kaylee and Caleb were born and are now children (thankfully). Dora died while Samantha was pregnant with #6, Luke. Peter and Samantha were so fed up and in the red that they went on a spur of the moment, 1 day vacation to a hotel room. David went off to La Fiesta Tech and has met Jasmine Rai. Sharla grew up into a Romance sim (but the twins have kept us so busy that I haven't had a chance to let her explore any romantic options yet). They celebrated Christmas and had a small fire.

Mary and Isiah love their new hometown and are thriving. Mary is hoping to open up her own business selling used cars, while Isiah plans to become an architect. Nathan, on the other hand, is doing poorly and has yet to figure out that he might be the problem rather than where he is living. Give him time...

I'm thinking Julien will open a new restaurant in town and call it Rattlesnake Grill.

Jessica Picaso died in a tragic red-motives death while pregnant (not showing yet though). Matthew is inconsolable but I have plans to resurrect her.

Aside from moving them in and decorating, I haven't played with the Ramaswamis, Goodies, Newsons, Traveller, Critturs, Kims, or Kat family yet.

- (and wow. I'm looking at Tarlia's pictures on her livejournal of the makeovers and creations. She really did a fantastic job! I could have saved myself almost two weeks' worth of trouble by downloading her's. Lucky for me, I like what I've built so far so I think I will keep Cactus Flats)
Instructor
#7 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:50 PM
I'd never heard of this neighbourhood before - when I saw the thread title I thought you were asking who had used the viper canyon sc4 map to make a neighbourhood. But it sounds like a good idea to have a special neighbourhood for the sim bin families that came with expansions- I never quite know what to do with them and never really end up playing with them. I might have to give this Viper Canyon a go!

Bustin' Out!