Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:30 PM
Default Choosing baby gender
Does anyone know a trick or cheat that lets you choose the baby gender if your sim's pregnant? I keep having boys, and its getting so, so frustating!
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:35 PM
I don't think there's a way, other then changing their gender in CAS.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:56 PM
Have you tried changing which partner initiates "try for baby"? I was having the same problem having all girls. Someone suggested I try having my female sim initiate instead always having my male sim do it. My next two pregnancies resulted in boys. Hope this helps!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MsBelleInOk
Have you tried changing which partner initiates "try for baby"? I was having the same problem having all girls. Someone suggested I try having my female sim initiate instead always having my male sim do it. My next two pregnancies resulted in boys. Hope this helps!

That's an urban legend.
I always randomly pick which sim initiate "try for baby" and the newborn is always random.
Test Subject
#5 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indigoskycaller
That's an urban legend.
I always randomly pick which sim initiate "try for baby" and the newborn is always random.

Maybe so...But after 4 girls, I tried that suggestion and it worked for me, I now have two boys after having my female choose. It has also worked for others. I was just passing along something that might help. :D
Scholar
#6 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 3:47 PM
It worked for me too. I was getting all one gender and then I switched which parent initiated and I got the opposite gender.
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 7:22 PM
I'll test the initiate theory today - I just had three girls in a row with the female initiating. I'll have the male initiate this time and report back!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:39 PM
disagree with this comment for the hell of it. since y'all wanna disagree so bad!
Instructor
#9 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:59 PM
When i have a blue crib a always have boys, but with ping i get girls i don't know if it's coincidence or it's just game option,

I need a cigarette
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 12:35 AM Last edited by jwilli : 1st Nov 2014 at 12:45 AM.
SimGuruGrant claimed there is no way to influence gender on twitter. This is his tweet about probability. If I dig further into his history I can find the one about influencing gender: https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...689515461980160. To show how completely random it is, check the "What's Going on in Your Game" thread. A couple of us posted databases with numerous children, Mine had 41 from the same father on it. Pretty good sample size and completely random.

Edit: I will link to this post on the EA forums. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-gender-of-baby
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 1:49 AM
I've discovered that going into CAS and creating children for townies seems to work for me; if I want girls I give the townies a surfeit of boys & vice-versa. Looks like the game tries to keep the gender ratio roughly equal.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
It worked for me too. I was getting all one gender and then I switched which parent initiated and I got the opposite gender.

it's a 50/50 chance. That means you have a 50% chance of getting the opposite gender when you switch. Seriously.. cookies don't give you twins and having the dad initiate doesn't give you a boy. What is it with the Sims community and spreading these ridiculous rumors? We need Sims Snopes.

My current heir sim's boyfriend is a townie and she got pregnant by him five times. Three boys. Two girls. If the initiator's sex determined it, they'd all be girls.
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 3:46 PM
I just tested the "initiator" theory. It didn't prove true for me. I had the male initiate (when it always previously been the female) but still had another girl (4th in a row, ugh).
Forum Resident
#14 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer4eveer
When i have a blue crib a always have boys, but with ping i get girls i don't know if it's coincidence or it's just game option,

What's this about blue and pink cribs? Mine are all what appears to be pale green.
Stupid people are stupid
#15 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
What's this about blue and pink cribs? Mine are all what appears to be pale green.

You can change the colour of those things and they are buyable. Buy the one you like and they won't get a free crib.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:15 PM
Maybe a modder will save the day. My sim had 5 kids, all boys. I would like a girl now please.
One Minute Ninja'd
#17 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katzgroovymeow
Maybe a modder will save the day. My sim had 5 kids, all boys. I would like a girl now please.

Ah, for the days of MasterController, or even Cmar's pregnancy controller mod. Good times................................

I would bet it's on someone's to do list by now.
Test Subject
#18 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
You can change the colour of those things and they are buyable. Buy the one you like and they won't get a free crib.

Or you can change the color swatch in Build Mode so you don't have to pay for a crib.
Deceased
#19 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 4:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KariMinger
it's a 50/50 chance.

Very much true, I can post and explain the script code from the game if I have to!
Instructor
#20 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jwilli
SimGuruGrant claimed there is no way to influence gender on twitter. This is his tweet about probability. If I dig further into his history I can find the one about influencing gender: https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...689515461980160. To show how completely random it is, check the "What's Going on in Your Game" thread. A couple of us posted databases with numerous children, Mine had 41 from the same father on it. Pretty good sample size and completely random.

Edit: I will link to this post on the EA forums. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-gender-of-baby

Agreed. I was one of those people that shared a database. I'm up to 77 kids, all but a few were initiated by the man as the females all live around town rather then in my controllable family, and they're all random.