Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 1:29 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Backup folder got deleted
So ok. I had an household of a three sims saved in my game. To make sure that I won't lose them it something cause the game save files to be deleted, I backed it up, by moving its saved folder of a copy that was named ".backup" folder to my desktob's oother folder. So when I needed to reinstall all of my expansion packs, the save game and store content got deleted. So after that, I installed all of the store content back again to my game and I then put the ".backup" copy of the saved household back to it's origin folder (electronic arts/The Sims 3/Saves). Then, I loaded my game. Once I came to the main meniu, I was suprised that my household did not appeared there, as I did put the backup folder in the "saves", so I turned the game off. The Next day after, once I checked my "saves" folder, I was shocked and irriated, that I could not believe it - the household.backup folder wasn't there anymore. While being mad, I have a question to make

Does my save household still exists withing in the game, or in any other folder? Would it be possible to get it back?

My aplogies for my bad english!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 2:34 PM
It would be worth doing a file search for the backup files, as it's possible you put them in the wrong place. Also check your recycle bin, in case you accidentally deleted it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 3:25 PM
I can't tell you why the folder got deleted but when you moved it back to your Saves directory did you also rename it from sims.backup to sims3 (remove the .backup extension)? That's probably why it didn't show up initially. For a backup save to show up this extension has to be removed.

And ... moved to Help, where it belongs
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 11:07 PM
I did check the recycle bin, but it wasn't there. I hope I didn't emptied the recycle bin along with that save put insided .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2015 at 11:15 PM
Guys, I found the backup folder. I did the search on my start screen by typing the name of the same. I had accidently unknowgly put it in the downloads folder, haha :p. Better save it somewhere else (like in mediafire) so that I won't need to worry about it. Im just happy that I didn't need to recreate my household from scratch for the machinima :D. So now do I have to rename it with the ".backup" extension removed or i can leave it with the that extension?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:12 AM
Yes, if that backup folder is called "SuperDuperLegacy.sims3.backup" you have to change the name to "SuperDuperLegacy.sims3" in order for it to be visible in the main menu.