Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 4:53 PM
Making a NPC door...
How do i make a NPC door?

i've tried:

1) Turn on cheats "rbbb off" "testingcheatsenabled true"

2) Placing the door between public and hidden zones

3) ctrl+shift clicking.... all i get is "object"

4) tested in another apartment complex, same result

does it need to be a special door or something? anyone tried this and running AwesomeMod... its the only mod im running atm...
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:10 PM
Are you in buy or build mode? The only time I get "object" is when I try to shift+click in live mode. Otherwise I do get the NPC door option. I'm not running AwedomeMod though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:59 PM
no?... hehe... that made it work. it never even entered my mind to do it in buy/build mode... Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 8:36 PM
New problem, nobodys moving in...
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:22 PM
Moving into the extra apartments? In custom built apartments unfortunately you either get only 1 or no neighbors

life's a bitch,
and then you die.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 9:32 PM Last edited by traelia : 8th Nov 2010 at 2:48 AM.
I tried shift clicking something in buy mode and all it did was make a copy of the object?

EDIT: I don't know what mod I have, but crtl+shift+click brings up a "nuke" menu to delete everything within a given radius of that object...

Facebook! | Find more of my stuff at my blog! | Tumblr | Donate
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 10:11 PM
ctrl+shift? With just testingcheatsenabled it should also show "add trigger" or something similar on any door. If you have a door between a room with a hidden marker and a room with a public marker, you should be able to set "make NPC door" (or something similar ).
Test Subject
#8 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 6:36 AM
It sooooooooo does not work.... And I have no idea why but it is very irritating.
Alchemist
#9 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 6:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Translicious
It sooooooooo does not work.... And I have no idea why but it is very irritating.

Read this http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ms_3_Apartments and next time, try not to resurrect a dead thread for a whine.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 12:33 PM
I'm getting a bunch of ppl..... but, no one movin in...they all standing around outside....and at one point..... 4 other ppl just added themselves to my household.....
dodgy builder
#11 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MzNuNue
I'm getting a bunch of ppl..... but, no one movin in...they all standing around outside....and at one point..... 4 other ppl just added themselves to my household.....

That could be the apartment zoning or something similar from the university exp. I would just use residential for the hidden and public markers really.

Getting it to work can be tricky. The tutorial linked may look old, but in general it's still the best one.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 6:18 AM
maybe the door is locked for those sims?

I do have a question though. Whats the difference between a regular residential lot and an apartment lot seeing as the former can hold roomates as well
dodgy builder
#13 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 5:16 PM
The uni exp apartment zoning is buggy. It' s hard to get rid of one's it's been used.

Mainly the difference is between NPC's with the hidden and public markers. They stay in their own place.

Then you have the roommates provided with uni. It's perhaps easier to make, but they are yours to controll and go all over the place. If I remember right.

I prefer making the hidden and public markers version as it can be Base game, and it sounds to me like most down loaders prefer them as well.
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 6:22 PM
ah you are referring to the buydebug command and setting markers? It seems like that might do it...certainly better than the door locking