Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#526 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:12 PM
@enebya it's definitely something to consider. I have ACR and I have global settings for allow unmarried. I've had one or two Romance sims end up with little gifts because of that. (Which is why I can't figure out why I have a married couple that are pleasure sims but neither had a child. oh well.)

@ihatemandatoryregister Be gentle with me! I'm such a sucker for that cliche. Now you have me thinking about it...

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#527 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 9:46 PM
Sometimes, you just can't prevent a pregnancy. I know of couples (real people) that used at least 3 different types of birth control and still ended up with a kid.
Mad Poster
#528 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 10:59 PM
And also couples irl who tried everything for years to get pregnant and it still didn't work. Real life is always a bit less predicable than sims games.
Mad Poster
#529 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 4:34 PM
I'm playing the Beginnings of Pleasantview hood, and trying to figure out what to do with Nina Caliente since she doesn't have a set spouse. Dina and Nina Caliente have been born in game because of trying to keep Dina's age closer to Michael Bachelor's, and trying to keep Michael and Bella Bachelor's age in line with Mortimer Goth. (Bella Bachelor marries Mortimer Goth and has Cassandra and Alexander Goth. Dina Caliente marries Michael Bachelor. In the Pleasantview out of the box, Michael Bachelor is already dead of old age while Dina Caliente is near the beginning of adult hood. I don't like the possible gold digging implications given off by that household since Dina's husband already died of old age and her next target is Mortimer Goth since in the beginning of the out of the box Pleasantview Bella is missing presumed dead.)

Back to Nina. She's already a baby my Beginnings of Pleasantview hood. I was playing with the idea of having her hook up with Don Lothario, but I realized that I haven't moved Don's grandparents into houses yet, so she would be the same age as Don's parents not Don himself.

Should I wait with her while getting Don's parents born and grown up to the point of having him, or have her hook up with someone as a teen or in college, and have him hook up with someone closer to his own age?
Theorist
#530 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Should I wait with her while getting Don's parents born and grown up to the point of having him, or have her hook up with someone as a teen or in college, and have him hook up with someone closer to his own age?

Is there any family that has or can have an additional son for Nina? Might be fun to give Bella and Michael a little brother, then the Caliente Sisters can marry/be paired up with the Bachelor brothers. Do you have any plans for Don yet that require him to be a certain age? Will he still chase after Bella and/or Cassandra?

And I agree with not liking the gold digger Calientes. That's why in my version Michael is already married to Chris Roomies. Not sure what exactly I'm gonna do with the Calientes or Don yet, the vanilla-version storyline won't happen.
Top Secret Researcher
#531 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:37 PM
The heir to the Landgraab estate has officially turned into a teenager and rolled a non-fortune related aspiration. In fact, his life time want is to become the next cult leader, which in my game I interpret it as joining my Alien cult. So what will happen to the Landgraab estate? Anyone who joins the cult has to cut their family off. He does have a sister who could take over, she'll be the first woman to be in control of the Landgraab estate. Will the Landgraab tradition be broken or will Malcolm IX take over the business, use the finances to help out the cult and get in good graces with them?
Mad Poster
#532 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 5:42 PM
In terms of boys that already exist in the hood there is Frida Goth's son Aaron who doesn't have a set spouse. Mortimer and Michael already have set spouses, and there is Brian and Palo, but they are related to Nina. There are plenty of girls that don't have set spouses. Aaron's little sisters, all of Agnes Crumplebottom's daughters.

I could start moving in the Oldie/Ruggbyrne/Pleasant etc ancestors and have an extra boy that can be paired up with Nina. Other than possibly hooking Don up with Nina, I don't really have any plans for him.
Theorist
#533 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 7:01 PM
In terms of boys that already exist in the hood there is Frida Goth's son Aaron who doesn't have a set spouse. Mortimer and Michael already have set spouses, and there is Brian and Palo, but they are related to Nina. There are plenty of girls that don't have set spouses. Aaron's little sisters, all of Agnes Crumplebottom's daughters.

I could start moving in the Oldie/Ruggbyrne/Pleasant etc ancestors and have an extra boy that can be paired up with Nina. Other than possibly hooking Don up with Nina, I don't really have any plans for him.

Well if you are so starved for boys in the hood, it might really be more economical to create Don as long as you don't mind playing his ancestors for so long. Plus Don and Nina do fit well together. Unless you'd like to pair her up with one of the Crumplebottom girls that'd be fun.

Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
The heir to the Landgraab estate has officially turned into a teenager and rolled a non-fortune related aspiration. In fact, his life time want is to become the next cult leader, which in my game I interpret it as joining my Alien cult. So what will happen to the Landgraab estate? Anyone who joins the cult has to cut their family off. He does have a sister who could take over, she'll be the first woman to be in control of the Landgraab estate. Will the Landgraab tradition be broken or will Malcolm IX take over the business, use the finances to help out the cult and get in good graces with them?

I reckon after that many generations of patriarchy it's time for a woman to take charge! Would definitely make for an interesting character/scenario to play!
Mad Poster
#534 Old 8th Feb 2018 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I reckon after that many generations of patriarchy it's time for a woman to take charge! Would definitely make for an interesting character/scenario to play!

Yes, this.
Mad Poster
#535 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:31 AM

Well, that gives you lots of reasons for conflict, doesn't it? Malcolm IX can try to take the family fortune to give to the cult, his family fight him, and end up giving his sister the estate, maybe the lawyers can spend all the money, and Malcolm IX manages to force the sales of the businesses, and his sister has to rebuild in order to restore the family fortune?

I have a recently graduated family/knowlege sim, Abe, who has several young ladies he loves. One caught him with another, one he caught with another (I thought I'd get one out of the running and had him influence her to flirt with a dormie who liked her at his grad party). His LTW is graduate three kids from college. He rolled wants indiscriminately to get engaged to all of them in college, but hasn't rolled any face wants since, except to restore the two damaged friendships--which is fine, as far as it goes. He does have three bolts with one of the remaining loves.

To some extent, I think it'd be fair to invite them all over, turn ACR on (and lock them out of his bedroom) and see who's left not furious at him. On the other hand, he has got three bolts with only one, two with all the others. On the gripping hand, bolts are the easiest thing to fix, since they're all family sims. So what would you do, in terms of picking a bride?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#536 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 12:43 AM
I'd got with bolts. 3LB is always my ideal for sim couples.
Top Secret Researcher
#537 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:42 PM
I'm playing the Beginnings of Pleasantview hood, and trying to figure out what to do with Nina Caliente since she doesn't have a set spouse. Dina and Nina Caliente have been born in game because of trying to keep Dina's age closer to Michael Bachelor's, and trying to keep Michael and Bella Bachelor's age in line with Mortimer Goth. (Bella Bachelor marries Mortimer Goth and has Cassandra and Alexander Goth. Dina Caliente marries Michael Bachelor. In the Pleasantview out of the box, Michael Bachelor is already dead of old age while Dina Caliente is near the beginning of adult hood. I don't like the possible gold digging implications given off by that household since Dina's husband already died of old age and her next target is Mortimer Goth since in the beginning of the out of the box Pleasantview Bella is missing presumed dead.)

Back to Nina. She's already a baby my Beginnings of Pleasantview hood. I was playing with the idea of having her hook up with Don Lothario, but I realized that I haven't moved Don's grandparents into houses yet, so she would be the same age as Don's parents not Don himself.

I would have Nina play around in College, but still have her hook up with Don later.

In my Überhood I have Nina and Dina both married to Don. So I like to have Don with Nina.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
#538 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:47 PM

I like the idea of the sister of Malcolm IX taking over the Landgraab estate, but Malcolm IX fighting her on it and using the resources of his Alien Cult to do this. You could have some family take sides with him, because he is the Male Heir and some family take sidea with her. You could have them fighting with Lawyers back and forth.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Top Secret Researcher
#539 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Well, that gives you lots of reasons for conflict, doesn't it? Malcolm IX can try to take the family fortune to give to the cult, his family fight him, and end up giving his sister the estate, maybe the lawyers can spend all the money, and Malcolm IX manages to force the sales of the businesses, and his sister has to rebuild in order to restore the family fortune?

I have a recently graduated family/knowlege sim, Abe, who has several young ladies he loves. One caught him with another, one he caught with another (I thought I'd get one out of the running and had him influence her to flirt with a dormie who liked her at his grad party). His LTW is graduate three kids from college. He rolled wants indiscriminately to get engaged to all of them in college, but hasn't rolled any face wants since, except to restore the two damaged friendships--which is fine, as far as it goes. He does have three bolts with one of the remaining loves.

To some extent, I think it'd be fair to invite them all over, turn ACR on (and lock them out of his bedroom) and see who's left not furious at him. On the other hand, he has got three bolts with only one, two with all the others. On the gripping hand, bolts are the easiest thing to fix, since they're all family sims. So what would you do, in terms of picking a bride?

I would have Abe go with the one with the Three Bolts. I would have the three bolt couple spend some time togther and feel that they have found true love and then get married very soon.

I always go with the three bolts in my game.

Top Secret Researcher
#540 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 2:59 PM
Good ideas guys!

Another scenario option: Malcolm Sr. gives the estate to his nephew instead (His sister's son) since he's a fortune sim with a LTW to get to the top of the business career.
Theorist
#541 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:29 PM
Good ideas guys!

Another scenario option: Malcolm Sr. gives the estate to his nephew instead (His sister's son) since he's a fortune sim with a LTW to get to the top of the business career.

Is his nephew still named "Landgraab"? Because if not then that might be an argument against it...also an argument the daughter can use to gain the estate instead (if the daughter is named Landgraab that is)

Or you could have Malcolm Sr. pass on without making up his mind and create a three-way feud between Malcolm IX (supported by the cult), his sister and his cousin.
Top Secret Researcher
#542 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:08 PM
He doesn't! Malcolm Sr. does have another nephew with the name Landgraab but I dont remember off the top of my head if he's fortune sim or not.
Theorist
#543 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 6:46 PM
He doesn't! Malcolm Sr. does have another nephew with the name Landgraab but I dont remember off the top of my head if he's fortune sim or not.

Hmm it's just really the question whether Malcolm Snr. would give the Landgraab estate to somebody who's not named Landgraab, after all it's about the glory and legacy of that family. This is interesting keep us updated on what you ultimately decide.
If it's alright I might adopt the idea that Sims who want to become cult leaders join actually go off to join a cult, I love it and it offers possibilities for drama :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#544 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:56 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 9th Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM.
That's true, and the answer would be no because the legacy really is a big deal to Malcolm Sr. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

And of course! Its not really my "idea" anyway So far in my game there's not too much drama but there was a lot of child raising lol
Forum Resident
#545 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:10 PM
I have a story dilemma which I think is right up @ihatemandatoryregister's street!

I have a sim, Polly Amory (Romance Asp) - and yes, that was on purpose, her whole story is that she's trying to get her three roommates into a polyamorous relationship, which is why @ihatemandatoryregister would like it :D

Sooo, she has three roommates. Rebel Cause (f), Brody Home (m) and Manny Bookish (m). Two bolts with Rebel, a bolt each with the two boys.

Which one should she rope into her relationship first? Should it be Rebel, her best friend and girl crush? Or one of the two boys? Brody, the loud, charismatic sporty type guy, or Manny, the quiet and sweet nerd?

Thinking storywise and attraction-wise, they're all attracted to her, but not to each other. Should I pair up two sets of girls and boys, and merge their relationship later? Like, Manny/Polly, Brody/Rebel or vice versa? Or should I do it differently?
Mad Poster
#546 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:37 PM
If none of them are attracted to each other at all, I wouldn't be bothering to try to rope them into relationships (I honestly don't see the point of forcing romance when sims aren't even attracted and don't roll associated wants). But considering the 2LB between Polly and Rebel, I that's a relationship I can get behind.

Is there no way to tweak things to get better chemistry between the rest of them?
Forum Resident
#547 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Is there no way to tweak things to get better chemistry between the rest of them?

Yeah, there's that, uh...what's the potion that lets you change turn on and offs?
Oh, and if I build some of the skills - Charisma, Creativity and Logic, there should be some more chemistry, because I've set those skills as Turn Ons.
Mad Poster
#548 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 11:50 PM
ReNuYu Porta-Chug. ReNuYuSenso Orb also allows changing of TOs, as does the Sim Manipulator (which as far as I know is the only actually free way to change TOs). Building skills is of course something most sims do eventually, at least in my game.

I'm curious, what are the aspirations of the other sims? I'm guessing based on your descriptions that Manny is Knowledge, but other than that I have no idea. Also, are any of them friends with each other at this point?
Forum Resident
#549 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
ReNuYu Porta-Chug. ReNuYuSenso Orb also allows changing of TOs, as does the Sim Manipulator (which as far as I know is the only actually free way to change TOs). Building skills is of course something most sims do eventually, at least in my game.

I'm curious, what are the aspirations of the other sims? I'm guessing based on your descriptions that Manny is Knowledge, but other than that I have no idea. Also, are any of them friends with each other at this point?

Yeup! They're all friends, at around 50-50 with each other except Rebel and Polly, who are best friends at 95-95.

Their aspirations are:
Manny, you're correct with Knowledge.
Brody and Rebel are both Pleasure aspirations.
Lab Assistant
#550 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 7:07 PM
In my new neighbourhood, one family is harassed by a member of another family near-constantly. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but the harassing sim is meant to be super nice and shy and he started it for no reason so it doesn't fit at all (I was planning on having a member of the family marry them, but it's hard considering he harasses her parents so much) and I don't know why or how it can fit in his character. Any suggestions (or any way to stop it)?
Page 22 of 48