Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Acadia : 4th Mar 2018 at 4:24 PM.
Default WCIF something to stop visitors hiding in dorm rooms + Miffy
So, I'm pretty sure this exists and that I have had it once in distant past but I've been going through several sites and failed to find it. I want something that solves the problem where you call sim for a visit only to have them instantly march into one of dormies rooms and hide there inaccessible for rest of their visit. Game seems to think my computer is way worse than it is, I can certainly run up to 30 sims with no kind of problem that I'd notice, and I'm often trying to fix it with by using the cheat that pumps the number of allowed visitors up, but it seems to have no effect on this one.

As a bonus, if someone remembers to having seen a Miffy bunny somewhere, I'd appreciate any knowledge where to possibly find it. And I don't mean Miffy nursery because I already have it, but actual Miffy bunny - it can be decorative I don't care.

Edit: 5/3/2018 I still haven't found the Miffy *sad Aca*
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:42 PM
I don't know of a mod that blocks this behavior, but they're not inaccessible. Go into buy mode, which makes the interiors of all the dorm rooms visible. Locate the errant visitor. Return to Live mode, click on the floor inside the room, and have the sim "go here." They enter the room, the contents appear, and they can interact with the visitor normally. You can even lure him out of the room with Influence or suggesting an interaction, such as "play catch," that require sims to find a large space. Also, if you have a karaoke machine in the dorm, you can click on it and choose "sing with" for the visitor and he should come out. Though this is the only good reason I can think of to have a karaoke machine in a dorm...It's a pain if you have visitors in dorms a lot, but this should help till you find your mod, anyhow.

What on earth is a Miffy bunny?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 3:53 PM
Thank you for informative answer, I had forgot one can actually walk into the rooms, though I still very much would prefer to have a hack that stops this whole behavior in the first place because it feels so odd when I invite Alexander Goth to visit Kestrel Teens and instead of talking with her he chooses to hide in some random female townies room.

Miffy bunny is, well, a bunny...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miffy
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:18 PM
My visitor aren't doing that? Not that I noticed anyway.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Inventor
#5 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 5:59 PM
Maybe novanishindorms can help? Link: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

Description: Non-dormies no longer vanish into dorm rooms.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 6:14 PM
Thanks I will definitely try that!