Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#226 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
But if they halfway make apartments this expansion, will they then bother to make a full expansion to it later? I'm just worried if they might give us penthouses and think that's okay and not develop it further in the future

exactly. Although the penthouse idea is cool, I really would hate for them to think they can just forget apartments altogether.

QWERTYFISH11 WAS HERE!!!
...well, you were too, yeah. i guess we both were. okay.
Advertisement
Theorist
#227 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:35 PM
Like businesses, OFB was my favorite EP in TS2, Ambitions allowed us to purchase community lots and to sell a couple things at the consignment shop, I fear that this'll be all we get of businesses in TS3

Hi I'm Paul!
Top Secret Researcher
#228 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Like businesses, OFB was my favorite EP in TS2, Ambitions allowed us to purchase community lots and to sell a couple things at the consignment shop, I fear that this'll be all we get of businesses in TS3

Yea I do too :/

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Test Subject
#229 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:24 PM
I love TS3, but it is kinda a let down. I mean I hate the rabbitholes (no offense to fans of the rabbithole), because the same thing could have been accomplished with making an actual grocery store. And new objects like "Office Desk" at the work place. It's not that hard, and I'm almost contemplating going back to TS2....

QWERTYFISH11 WAS HERE!!!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#230 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by qwertyfish11
I love TS3, but it is kinda a let down. I mean I hate the rabbitholes (no offense to fans of the rabbithole), because the same thing could have been accomplished with making an actual grocery store. And new objects like "Office Desk" at the work place. It's not that hard, and I'm almost contemplating going back to TS2....
That plan makes as much sense as moving to Canada to protest Obama's commie medical plan.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#231 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
That plan makes as much sense as moving to Canada to protest Obama's commie medical plan.

meh. i won't be re-buying it, so i'm not sending more money to ea. i mean that the last time I REALLY had fun playing the sims was in TS2...

QWERTYFISH11 WAS HERE!!!
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 4:00 PM
If vampires can have vampire babies ... That means they will age, won't they ? Just like ghosts, that would really suck if it worked like that
Top Secret Researcher
#233 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:24 PM
There are a lot of different Vampire 'mythologies' out there and some do have vampire babies..and the vampires do age. They are immortal, however and do not die from natural causes. The elderly vampires use various ways to hide their ancient features and look younger. In fact, many fictional vampire cultures have the ability to put on a facade, a masquerade, so to speak, not only regarding their physical appearance but also their entire existence, giving them the ability to function in normal human society.

One that comes to mind are the Vampires from Jim Butcher's books, The Dresden Files. Those vampires can breed with mortals. Its been a while since I have read the books but I do believe that the children become vampires if the vampire parent decides to infect them, considered a mercy to the parents. I will need to go back and read it again.

In Vampire the Requiem, I don't believe they could have babies but instead sired through infecting mortals. I kind of like this better so if I did play a vampire world, I would probably try to find a mod that turned vampire breeding off. Seems a better way to control the spread of vampirism in your world.

As for apartments, so far, EA has not mentioned apartments at all, as far as I know. They said "penthouse and flats". A penthouse is an apartment on the roof of a skyscraper or tall building. So I imagine we will have rabbitholes with penthouses on top or something like Inge suggested. Flats are apartments on one floor of a buildings. I find it interesting that they used the word 'flats' rather than apartments. Makes me think we will have rabbitholes with ONE apartment per building but rather than on top, the flat will be somewhere else, which would be okay actually, although not quite as realistic.

The avoidance of the word apartment is interesting to me.
Test Subject
#234 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
There are a lot of different Vampire 'mythologies' out there and some do have vampire babies..and the vampires do age. They are immortal, however and do not die from natural causes. The elderly vampires use various ways to hide their ancient features and look younger. In fact, many fictional vampire cultures have the ability to put on a facade, a masquerade, so to speak, not only regarding their physical appearance but also their entire existence, giving them the ability to function in normal human society.

One that comes to mind are the Vampires from Jim Butcher's books, The Dresden Files. Those vampires can breed with mortals. Its been a while since I have read the books but I do believe that the children become vampires if the vampire parent decides to infect them, considered a mercy to the parents. I will need to go back and read it again.

In Vampire the Requiem, I don't believe they could have babies but instead sired through infecting mortals. I kind of like this better so if I did play a vampire world, I would probably try to find a mod that turned vampire breeding off. Seems a better way to control the spread of vampirism in your world.

and some just glitter

QWERTYFISH11 WAS HERE!!!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#235 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 6:45 PM
Okay, let's be honest here: From the unmodified game, OFB sucked. Horribly. It was a real goldmine for modding potential, but of the box, with the braindead, stupid, and utterly unusable stock employees, it was all but impossible to get anything done. You really needed AwesomeWare to get anything out of OFB.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#236 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Okay, let's be honest here: From the unmodified game, OFB sucked. Horribly. It was a real goldmine for modding potential, but of the box, with the braindead, stupid, and utterly unusable stock employees, it was all but impossible to get anything done. You really needed AwesomeWare to get anything out of OFB.

You are terribly wrong in this section...
OFB was one of the greatest expansions in the sims 2 world and everybody agree on this...
Practically it added so many elements in the game that made it awesome and fun to play...
We dont need any type of mod like awesomeware or whatever...OFB and Nightlife where the best eps in TS2 and beside some bugs that were fixed with the patches , they had nothing wrong..

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Banned
#237 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hraklis943
OFB was one of the greatest expansions in the sims 2 world and everybody agree on this...

Quite clearly not everyone agrees on this.
Top Secret Researcher
#238 Old 24th Jul 2010 at 8:05 PM
I have to agree with Pescado. OFB isn't one of the best, and to be honest it was a struggle running a business successfully out of the box without mods. The only one that seemed to work for me was a home business, and/or one with a large family to work as employees, rather than relying on uncontrollable Sims. Yes, it did add some good stuff, but I have to say that in my opinion Apartments or Freetime were the best.

Back to After Dark/Late Night, I'm just looking forward to different things for my Sims to do, and I'm looking forward to see how I can adapt stuff to what I want. I want to see if it would be possible to make a old English pub for my Twinbrook and Riverview neighbourhoods using some of the stuff from the bars, and other ways to make city stuff more suitable for the country. It will be interesting to see how well I can adapt the new stuff.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Scholar
#239 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
But if they halfway make apartments this expansion, will they then bother to make a full expansion to it later? I'm just worried if they might give us penthouses and think that's okay and not develop it further in the future

That's what I'm worried about. I want both; I really like the idea of living in an expensive penthouse at the top of a towering building and not having to construct fifty or so floors of other apartments (which would basically be impossible and the game wouldn't be able to run it). However, I don't want penthouses to be the only kind of apartment in the game (especially if EA just shrugs and thinks this is a good enough Apartment Life remake). I want smaller types, like a decrepit two-storey building for my poorer sims that's designed to look like a cheap hotel or a row of townhouses built together. These would fit in to my smaller towns and neighbourhoods. I can't imagine Riverview with a giant towering apartment building amongst the farms.

I suppose I'd be fine if they had it so that we could somehow build the rabbithole buildings ourselves if it was for any kind of apartment or flat and not just penthouses, even if it meant there would only be one apartment per building we could use.
Theorist
#240 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 3:26 AM
OFB was certainly my favorite S2 EP, it added so much to the game! Businesses were a lot of fun to sell of all of the family's various craftables! It added lots of new things to accomplish and do, you also can't forget about some valuable B/B mode features it added such as awnings, stages, and half walls! It made it much more interesting to build community lots. That's why it would be nice in TS3, TS3 is all about the neighborhood/town but yet it is totally missing the town feeling! We need more stuff to do on community lots.

On the note of vampires aging: personally I hope that vampires age, I'm all about progression and so having a sim that doesn't age gets really boring..... they should have a long lifespan but I hope not immortal (or at least hope that it's moddable)

Hi I'm Paul!
Forum Resident
#241 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 4:40 AM
you also can't forget about some valuable B/B mode features it added such as awnings, stages, and half walls!

Half Walls came with Nightlife.

As for vampires aging, seeing that other creatures in The Sims 3 age, I'm pretty sure that vampires will age.
Test Subject
#242 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 4:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
As for vampires aging, seeing that other creatures in The Sims 3 age, I'm pretty sure that vampires will age.

I don't think SimBots age... could be wrong though. It could be that if you have vampire children they will age up to YA or adult and then stop aging. At least that's what would make sense to me.

Also, as far as OFB not being playable without mods, I didn't even know about Sims modding at the time, and i loved it. There were a few annoyances, but nothing that bothered me too much.
Forum Resident
#243 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Psycow87
I don't think SimBots age... could be wrong though. It could be that if you have vampire children they will age up to YA or adult and then stop aging. At least that's what would make sense to me.

I assume they do because I'm pretty sure I've seen people say they age, and Awesomemod has an option to turn off robot aging.
Field Researcher
#244 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 5:24 AM Last edited by iheartcowcapoos : 25th Jul 2010 at 5:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by [Black_Spirit]
If vampires can have vampire babies ... That means they will age, won't they ? Just like ghosts, that would really suck if it worked like that

i'll be happy as long as the vampires don't have glittering skin.

Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Back to After Dark/Late Night, I'm just looking forward to different things for my Sims to do

i agree, that's another reason i'm excited. i often times find myself playing my sim at night and sending them out to public lots and being disappointed when no one is there. i want a night out on the town with OTHER people there.. plus hanging out at the park and doing nothing but just talking to people gets boring. plus i like the idea of a crowded community lot. better way for sims to meet potential dates. if you just go to the park or gym now there will be about 4 or 5 other sims there and usually they're there with their families. i cant marry my sim off to someone who already has 3 kids!!
Forum Resident
#245 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 6:44 AM
NightLife/Hot Date + Apartment Life + Superstair = Epic Expansion
Im thinking flats work as regular apartments, with the doors and all, and the penthouse is for the biggest celebs in the city. Im so excited that sims are going to be famous again! Like actually famous, not it as a career! They better not screw it up! Im really hoping for chemistry/dating mini game. That was really fun
Test Subject
#246 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:23 AM
I don't know, I honestly don't remember having that many issues with OFB. I had tons of issues with University. That's probably my least favorite besides Pets. I highly doubt they'd really expand on the apartments even though I really really hope so. I imagine if they did it would be due to complaints or us asking for it in droves. I had my Sims go out there other day to the park and not one person was there..I really hope there will be at least 3 sims at the club, and I hope it isn't some rabbit hole. I am trying to not be impatient since we have so many expansion packs ahead of us, I'm sure eventually we will all get what we want..I hope.

I hoped they'd expand Ambitions a little bit more regarding business, but I guess that won't be happening.
Field Researcher
#247 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 11:24 AM
Lol Skinny Dipping.

I seriously laughed so hard, I fell out of my chair.
Field Researcher
#248 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:07 PM
ooo Vampires... if they have babies I cant wait to see the husbands chew them out of the mothers stomach...

on a serious note.. I dont care about vampires, sure its fun for a minute but they dont govern if i will buy and expac or not. I dont foresee this being Apartment life, Superstar, Hot Date, Night Life.. all rolled into one. Mainly the Apartment life aspect, I agree with other posters I think it will be a tall non playable building with just a home ontop that is customizable to a point.

I think we will get a whole new neighborhood that is more "city" looking as opposed to adding onto existing hood's we have... I think the clips of the more muscled and boobied sims are shopped to make them look prettier...

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.
"I'd trade all of my tomorrows for just one yesterday." Me and Bobby Mcgee
Field Researcher
#249 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TouchMySoul

I hoped they'd expand Ambitions a little bit more regarding business, but I guess that won't be happening.

This is the problem and part of the concern.

So people are saying that this expansion is going to be a bunch of expansions combined. Obviously, they're not going to pack in everything from all of them - they're taking bits and pieces, items and concepts.

The result can be something that feels a bit half-assed. Like Ambitions had a little bit of OFB in it. . . but not a whole lot. There's so much they could have done but didn't do. In certain areas, I feel the expansion fell short (like with owning venues).

I'm concerned that the same thing will happen here, as well.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Test Subject
#250 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 2:28 PM
You guys are making me all TS2 nostalgic now...

But I do believe some sort of Apartment will be introduced to TS3 Late Night (or are we calling it "After Dark" now?), because in the youtube trailer you can see a kind of row-house type thing in the beginning... But then again, that could be EA just making several identical homes on one lot. But I really hope they make a TS1 Superstar like ep, or put it in Late Night. The Only thing is, if they keep making base-hood's for each EP, my already slow dinosaur of a machine will be struggling to not systematically explode every time I log on...

QWERTYFISH11 WAS HERE!!!
Page 10 of 95