Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 10:48 PM
What a unique and very modern approach to the criteria, @Freelala. There was a food truck location across the street from my old high school that resembled Cartography. They rallied the trucks at 4pm each Friday and attracted all kinds of people. I like the realism and the trendiness of having restaurants on wheels, and I think it's a very creative idea on your part.

I am really digging the contrast between your day time façade and how it looks at night, @Sparklypotato. That coupled with the eerie lake rumors and the forested location make for a spooky and enticing lore-worthy restaurant that I'm sure gets passed around anecdotally at any campfire.

@PeniGriffin, I actually really like the courtyard with minimal vegetation. Having the zen garden as the centerpiece is certainly enough, and also lends itself to the authenticity of the structure. There are plenty of places where I'm from with traditional Japanese architecture, and either a koi pond, orchard, or zen garden are almost always the centerpiece of the structure.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#277 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 1:02 AM
Just to let you know @Gdayars, I will post something tomorrow.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#278 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 4:09 AM
At $79,724, this new restaurant in Takemizu offers traditional tea ceremonies and private dining for business or assignations.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#279 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:28 AM
Sunbee..very simple and pretty..I love it
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#280 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:46 AM
@Sunbee you will need you to use a screenshot program or the print screen button since the smallest picture size allowed is 800 by 600. You can't use the C key as the shots are far too small.
With your floor plan can you zoom in until your walls are nearly touching the edge of your picture frame.
Please also say what you have picked. This time it is obviously the east, but it isn't always so obvious. For example, a heading might be 'Entry Round 1 Far East Restaurant'
You also need to show the price in the game so as to prove the amount. If you need any help with any of this please feel free to ask and we will be more than happy to help you.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#281 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 5:10 PM
I'm afraid that I am going to have to withdraw from the contest - once again I have bitten off more than I can chew as my mental health has not been as good as I'd hoped/expected :-( I don't have the mental energy to do as many things as I would like, and sadly sims contests are something which I can't justify the energy use for at the moment as I need to focus on work, my relationship with my partner and my upcoming house move (to move in with said partner, so though it's stressful it will be worth it!).

I will be popping by to see everyone's entries and to keep up with how the contest is going, but sadly I won't be taking part. Good luck to all the contestants! :-) And thank you @gdayars for organising/hosting!
Helptato
#282 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I'm afraid that I am going to have to withdraw from the contest - once again I have bitten off more than I can chew as my mental health has not been as good as I'd hoped/expected :-( I don't have the mental energy to do as many things as I would like, and sadly sims contests are something which I can't justify the energy use for at the moment as I need to focus on work, my relationship with my partner and my upcoming house move (to move in with said partner, so though it's stressful it will be worth it!).

I will be popping by to see everyone's entries and to keep up with how the contest is going, but sadly I won't be taking part. Good luck to all the contestants! :-) And thank you @gdayars for organising/hosting!

Oh that's unfortunate, sorry to hear

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Mad Poster
#283 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:49 PM
Getting the Fermented Juice Bar ready for the end of the round Party! @lauratje86 - you are still welcome, strongs with that moving and enjoy the new life

The Fermented Fruit Juice now has a BBQ, because we all want to eat after looking at all those restauratns

Opening now - and we will continue the party until we start building again. Judges welcome (we are not bribing them yet, we will get there, but be nice to them it may help).
Screenshots
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#284 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 6:57 PM
I am so sorry @lauratje86 good luck on what is going on in your life right now!
Helptato
#285 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Getting the Fermented Juice Bar ready for the end of the round Party! @lauratje86 - you are still welcome, strongs with that moving and enjoy the new life

The Fermented Fruit Juice now has a BBQ, because we all want to eat after looking at all those restauratns

Opening now - and we will continue the party until we start building again. Judges welcome (we are not bribing them yet, we will get there, but be nice to them it may help).

I'll take a tropical drink in a pineapple and some BBQ ribs please! Hold the coleslaw.

Emma!

Simblr
Instructor
#286 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 8:57 PM
lauratje..I'm sorry to see you leave the contest but wishing you all the best in real life.. :lovestruc

Justpetro..I will take some bbq ribs and well you don't have the drink I used to drink..a slow screw..(orange juice and slow gin with a drop of grenadine) please lol.. and I will take the coleslaw as well or potato salad lol..
Mad Poster
#287 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:13 PM
I will make drinks as needed No shortage of slow screws around here!
Screenshots
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#288 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 9:34 PM
Holy crap I want those mushrooms. Now. Someone else can have the peppers. I suppose I'll take one of whatever that meat is...pork chops, maybe?

@lauratje86, sorry to hear that. I totally understand. I'm more inclined to use my energy for sims vs other stuff I should be doing, which is not a good thing. But if I don't have that distraction, I can get even worse, so I will let some non-essential but more important than sims things slide sometimes because I know if I don't "get away" via sims, my mental state will get worse.
Helptato
#289 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by broomhilda61
lauratje..I'm sorry to see you leave the contest but wishing you all the best in real life.. :lovestruc

Justpetro..I will take some bbq ribs and well you don't have the drink I used to drink..a slow screw..(orange juice and slow gin with a drop of grenadine) please lol.. and I will take the coleslaw as well or potato salad lol..

P...p...POTATO salad?

Emma!

Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#290 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:01 PM
@lauratje86 I hope you feel better soon and good luck with your move.

Sparkly potato salad....

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#291 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:03 PM
Default Play along: tropical theme restaurant
Welcome to the Nautilus ship restaurant!
The best place to eat for the voyagers, tourists, residents who are looking for something good, pretty and cheap!!! The specialty of the place is the seafood, brought of our harbor. Also we have a bar with a beautiful sea view. In summer we open at 8:00 am to 11:00 pm, the other seasons we open at 12:00 to 9:00 pm. Any suggestions or questions please call at 4539458989-7.

Also i send my best wishes and positive energies to lauratje86 ( i hoped that your health will be better soon ), and i hope that the house move will be successful ( i believed that will worth it.)
Mad Poster
#292 Old 17th Feb 2018 at 11:44 PM
Only about 12 more hours to go, and so many still missing! We know a couple will be delayed, and lauratje86 dropped out, but most of the others have been pretty quiet. Hope we hear from them soon!

And looking at the front chart, don't forget Peni Griffin and Sparklypotato!

Out of curiosity, when will the next budget and requirements be posted? If I recall, in the CS contest, there was a three-day delay to enable the judges to have time to get their scores for the previous round together. I don't want to lose time for THIS upcoming round by missing the posting like I did last time. Still in "ow" mode post-surgery, but I think I should be able to get something together.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#293 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:05 AM Last edited by maxon : 18th Feb 2018 at 1:14 AM.
Default Coral Bay Beach
OK so here we go - I've got something to post. Not entirely what I was thinking of originally but I've been so ill I've not had the energy to sort everything out so it's going to have to do. I enjoyed making it though and I think the sky box here is lovely.

So....

Theme: Tropical
Lot: Restaurant
Price: $51842

Welcome to Saint Andrea Island, a jewel of the Caribbean. Enjoy a dream holiday in beautiful tropical locations at prices you can afford. When visiting Coral Bay beach, at first, when you arrive at the front of the lot it might not seem all that interesting - just a small path leading off the dirt road into jungle plants but then

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#294 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:12 AM
@lauratje86 Take good care of yourself first.

@franfeliano I love the idea of this lot. And I'm very impressed with the likeness to an actual ship. Nice work!

Now, I'll take a fermented juice, please, and a steak. Time's closing in on the end of the round, and I find myself anxious to see who else submits something amazing before it's over. I'll be with my sim people making their lives crazy, but I'm going to be checking in!

AKA. Anora Acadian
Field Researcher
#295 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:40 AM
Default Round 1 Entry - Asian Fusion Restaurant
Theme: East Asian
Type: Restaurant
Price: $72,742

At last, here it is! The Asian Fusion restaurant, suitable as a tourist spot for your East Asian vacation destination, OR as a popular addition to your downtown or shopping district. Either way, visitors will flock there for the handmade noodles and friendly service.

The front view:

And that's a wrap! Hope you enjoyed it.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#296 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:42 AM
Mine is going to be slightly late. It is finished, I just need to take the screenshots which I can't do until Sunday afternoon UK time.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#297 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 1:07 AM
I have the table caught up I think I am going to wait til Karen gets hers up tomorrow, then I am going to post for a week for the judges to get back to us. I will put up the new round's stuff towards the end of that, I was going to wait the week, but if you guys want it before the week is up let me know. I will send the judges their sheets tomorrow.

It is done.

Great job everybody! cannot wait to see what else you all accomplish :lovestruc
Instructor
#298 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:22 AM
franfeliano..wow I never dreamed of a ship restaurant..this is amazing..job well done

maxon..how cute is this little restaurant and really love the thatch roofs and right on the beach..and the gazebo right on the water..I love this and would love to go there in real life as well lol..great job

SparkySays..I love your Asian Fusion restaurant so beautiful..and I really love the quiet patio..wonderful job

Karen..can't wait to see yours..

gdayars..I am with everyone else, and would love to have mine a bit early as well for the next round..I have been busy recoloring a lot of things for this next one..and want to make sure that I have everything I need done..

I got the hardest one done..I think and hope
Lab Assistant
#299 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:37 AM
Wow, what creative and unique entries for the final stretch of this round!

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Mad Poster
#300 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 8:59 AM
Stunning entries, fellow contestants. I really feel like a vacation now Perhaps we should go restaurant hopping again.

The Fermented Fruit Juice Bar will have salads and side dishes, don't worry. Salad of the day is one that I sometimes make myself in RL (my own pic too ) - biltong and avo salad.
Screenshots

Page 12 of 59