Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:25 AM
OK figured out my problem acedently bought furnished home so restarted and have only stolen two chairs and a desk, sadly
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:31 AM
Does anyone know how to get a copy of the original house? I already used the Monotone with my first created sim and the only way to copy the house to Riverview (that I can tell) is to make a copy of the entire household. Not to mention the fact that I've already made lots of changes to the appliances, etc.
Test Subject
#28 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:46 AM
I've started my Klepto Kween and she's having a grand time so far! One question, can we sell found items other than gems (such as seeds)? Or is that just too darn honest?
Test Subject
#29 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by queenraven
Does anyone know how to get a copy of the original house? I already used the Monotone with my first created sim and the only way to copy the house to Riverview (that I can tell) is to make a copy of the entire household. Not to mention the fact that I've already made lots of changes to the appliances, etc.

I think you can start a new map and move the stock house into your bin. The bin is the same on all your games, so that should work.
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:56 AM
Yeah I think that's right but I never use this house and I've never tried that
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:05 AM
I can't seem to do anything with the house. I even moved my sims out and supposedly it sold all of their items, and yet the house still contains all of the upgrades and contents. There just seems to be no way to obtain an unused copy of that house. ARRG. Is there any other house I can use for the challenge, or could someone upload an empty Montone and just share it on the Exchange? This sucks that I can't seem to restore the house to it's original state.
Instructor
#32 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:24 AM
you can find the same house in the house's bin just chose it and put it on an empty lot and rotate it to the right direction
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM
It wasn't available in my bin. Trust me, I looked there first.
Instructor
#34 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:53 AM
well i didn't move any sim in yet so my house is unused and i just upload it here :

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=...04e75f6e8ebb871

hope it works
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:56 AM
You could also create a new save file... this challenge is easier with a clean game, IMO.
Instructor
#36 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:30 AM
ok time to start..

first target was the Alvi household... got my self a new shower and a wall lamp to the bedroom before i get my self kicked for behaving poorly...

wow now this shower is shiny and i made some cash to pay the next bill by selling the old shower Nice.. time to turn off my new lamp and get some sleep now lol..
Instructor
#37 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:44 AM
one more question.. is it allowed to swipe goods from community lots?
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:49 AM
Oh man, you are a peach, Flanah. Thanks for the download.
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:59 AM
Is mooching money/food allowed??

Meet Kenny Kniver! (sorry about the low quality)

Originally his first name was King Kenny, but he went straight to city hall for a name change when I realized what his initials were.

After he steals the 3 items, he becomes enemies with the household and wreaks general havoc. I considered incorporating pyromania but eventually deciding against it.
Instructor
#40 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrAlex

- Once you have stolen the most you can that day (3 items) you CANNOT steal from that same house again. However, you CAN return to mooch money or food off those sims.

so yea mooching is allowed Amsterdave ^^

oh ty queenraven glad it helped.. and iam a lady btw
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flanah
so yea mooching is allowed Amsterdave ^^

oh ty queenraven glad it helped.. and iam a lady btw

Geeze, aren't I smart? I read over that three times!
Instructor
#42 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 7:37 AM
loool nah lots of lines and not enough sleep can do that Amsterdave... i had to read the required traits 4 times to memories them and i end up minimizing the game and reading them again when i reached the chose traits part >< i fail in the memory thing :P

All and all, no good.
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:21 AM Last edited by Amsterdave : 9th Jun 2009 at 11:13 AM.
This is way more fun than I imagined! I think that best part is decorating my house with the random items.

So can you get caught stealing? If so, what happens?

EDIT: Also can I sell the food I harvest or just eat it?

ANOTHER EDIT : For some reason I can't steal from the Altos and from inside the Wainrights house (I got their car). They were all asleep in their rooms and i tried all night but I couldn't steal anywhere. Anyone know why??
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 11:32 AM
You cannot steal or sell seeds, only jewels!

You can sell or harvest the vegetables you steal :D

And you CAN steal stuff from community lots

Guitar Tips are NOT allowed.

If you hover over the "Swipe Something" button when it is faded out, it will tell you why, usually because either you have swiped 3 items that day, or soemone is watching.

Alex
xoxo
Instructor
#45 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:42 PM
lol ok alex thanx for the feedback ^^ and it looks like its not possible to swipe a guitar anyway coz sims always carrying them with them (-.-) still this is so much fun ty for the idea

All and all, no good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 2:50 PM
That's okay! I love the fact that so many people are playing a challenge I thought up! My sim is called Ivy Steel (I. Steel - geddit? ) and she is now halfway through being an adult, she has a fair few about of items although hasn't got enough money to extend her house yet!

I still love the fact that whenever I enter another sims house I now see something and think "Ooo, that would look so nice in MY house"

Alex
xoxo
Instructor
#47 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:10 PM
lol yea !! i do that to.... and somehow the cool thing i wanted always magically turn into a yellow ceiling lamb -.-

All and all, no good.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:19 PM
Oh, i didnt realise u couldni grow veg...oops never mind, I'm quite game for starting again! So, we can cut gems (lol, it'll end up like an aladdins cave) but not metals, but we can sell the metals without smelting them, aye? And we can jist flog the space rocks?
Instructor
#49 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:17 PM
question ! when i get something useless can i return it and steal something els from the same house?

All and all, no good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:46 PM
You can sell metal and space rocks, but can't smelt them.

Flanah: No you cannot! That's one of the best, and most annoying bits of the game I love trying to get a flat screen tv and ending up with yet ANOTHER wall lamp. Hurrah, my home is like the aura of jesus.

Alex
xoxo
Page 2 of 13