Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 4:14 AM
Default SBN Pack-a custom, user-driven radio station!
Hi all,

I'm very pleased to announce that, after going back and forth over whether to do this for months, I've finally decided to do it.

The SBN Pack (SBN stands for SimNation Broadcasting Network) will be a custom sports-themed Sims 2 radio station...but there's a catch: it's made up entirely of content submitted by the Mod The Sims Community!

What kind of content will be in the SBN Pack?

Basically, sports shows. Anything to do with auto racing, football, baseball, and other sports. Not only will the contributors to the SBN Pack announce the events, they may also include SportsCenter-ish shows, with fake sports news and all that good stuff.

How do I contribute?

Contributing to the project is easy. In order to make sure that we're not violating any "rebroadcast/retransmit" copyright laws, the games/races/etc. that you announce should be from video games; for instance, if you wanted to announce a NASCAR race for the SBN Pack, you should announce a replay of a race from a NASCAR video game, such as NASCAR 2011: the Game instead of, let's say, the 2003 Southern 500. Same thing goes for other sports, and sports shows as well.

>How about theme music?

You may include theme music, but make sure it's either self-authored, stock, or licensed, and try to avoid long stretches of just playing the music; it will make songs much harder to rip from the finished mp3.

How do I record shows?

This is the easiest and most fun part of the project. You'll need a game console (which a lot of us already have), a game for the sport you wish to have a show for, a mic, and a free voice recording program, preferably one that supports MP3s natively. (If you want to spend a few bucks on a better one, that's fine, but there's really no point to it.)

Once you've got all that, boot the game up, play for a bit, and when you get a replay you like, then fire up the recording software and call it! To add a bit of flavor, you can also have a sort of "pre-game show" which includes fake sports speculation and all the other good stuff you see in a regular pre-game show.

How do I submit stuff to the SBN Pack once I'm done making it?

Simply post the finished mp3 in a zip attachment on this thread. If there's more than one show covering the same thing, I'll listen to all of them and include the best one in the pack itself, so do your best!

Thanks for reading all this. If you have a question, post it here and I'll reply with an answer. Thanks again!

All your base are belong to me!

Formerly known as GyroxOpex. Check me out on deviantART!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 11:51 PM
Default Bump
Bumping this thread. Let's get this underway!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 8:03 PM
Bump again.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th May 2012 at 8:10 PM
Bump once more.