Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 8:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Problem with scrip files every time launcher is running
When I open the launcher, every few minutes a window opens saying that there is a problem with a script file (location, row and note number are specefied) and asking if I want it to keep running scrip files.
I think it might be the cause to some other problems I experience in the game, and I would really apreciate any help.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Feb 2014 at 11:30 PM
I'm not sure, but that sounds like the Launcher is having trouble with something (Probably connecting with the internet. Personally, I tend to avoid using the launcher for anything other than installing Store content anyway.) You might want to try the Game Problem FAQ http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem

If that solves the other issues, but not that one, I would check the FAQ on bypassing the Launcher. Or just say "no" when it asks if you want to keep running script files and see what happens.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 1:23 AM
Typically, the script errors you get from the launcher are from the "web browser" aspect of launcher. The launcher uses Internet Explorer to display content in the windows, so the script error issue would be one from Internet Explorer and would have no effect on any other issues with your game.