Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Launcher won't open- .net framework issue?
Hello there, all of MTS! Lately, I've really been craving some Sims 3- but oh no, every time I try to open my launcher, I get an error message that says "To run this program you must first install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v2.0.50727"

I have tried installing the latest version of .net Framework, but it apparently is already installed on my computer. I am running a 64- bit operating system with windows 8, and I haven't played Sims 3 for months. I have looked up solutions to my issue on google, but wasn't able to find much- one website suggested disabling newer versions of .net framework, but when I tried this my computer gave me an error message saying that the changes couldn't be completed and that I should reboot my computer, and of course when I reboot nothing has changed. I can't find anywhere to uninstall the .net framework either. This is really frustrating for somebody who wants to get back into building for Sims :/
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 8:11 PM
I'm not sure if you've solved your problem yet and I'm on Windows 7, so this might be different in Windows 8.
I can uninstall Netframework in the Program uninstall option in Control Panel.

It's possible that there is an issue with it, so it might help to use another uninstaller. I use CCleaner, it has an option to uninstall programs, and it works well for me. It also has an option to deal with any issues with the registry after uninstall. Once you do that, you might be able to install the latest version of the Network framework.

As I said, I'm on Windows 7, so this might not work at all, but I thought it might be an option.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'm not sure if you've solved your problem yet and I'm on Windows 7, so this might be different in Windows 8.
I can uninstall Netframework in the Program uninstall option in Control Panel.

It's possible that there is an issue with it, so it might help to use another uninstaller. I use CCleaner, it has an option to uninstall programs, and it works well for me. It also has an option to deal with any issues with the registry after uninstall. Once you do that, you might be able to install the latest version of the Network framework.

As I said, I'm on Windows 7, so this might not work at all, but I thought it might be an option.

Thank you for the advice! Sadly, neither of these worked for me. I could not find framework even as an option to uninstall in ccleaner or the control panel. Thank you for the advice, though!