Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cheat Shortcuts

by plasticbox Posted 21st Dec 2014 at 11:49 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2015 at 7:25 PM by plasticbox

192 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 8
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 5th May 2015 at 8:58 PM
If a cheat is not working "no matter if I'm using the shortcut or typing it out" and the console won't display, you have a different problem than with this mod. Also the patch notes do not mention anything about cheats having changed (which is really something that would be in the notes normally).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#77 Old 5th May 2015 at 11:46 PM
After taking the shortcuts out the console is behaving normally, however the cheats that I'm trying to use, namely setting skill levels still don't work, so I'm inclined to think that you're right. None of my other mods deal with cheats, only tweaking the game. Thank you for a quick response
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:57 PM
Thank you for this it makes it a bit more easier to use the cheat codes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 16th May 2015 at 10:24 PM
I put the mod in my mod manger and it shows up but the shortcuts don't work what should I do? o..o
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th May 2015 at 10:41 PM
I don't know what a "mod manger" is. I would suggest to simply follow the one-step direction given in the upload post.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 20th May 2015 at 6:00 AM
Thank you so much, must have in my game! :)
Test Subject
#82 Old 25th May 2015 at 2:35 AM
Can someone tell me how to add the cheats that are not included? careers.promote, enablefreebuild, and so on... I'm not much of a script/code writer. Thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 27th May 2015 at 11:15 PM
See the instructions in the first post.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 28th May 2015 at 3:21 PM
THX
Test Subject
#85 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 11:01 AM Last edited by Nettlejuice : 4th Jun 2015 at 1:02 PM.
Hi, is there a new update for this? It stopped working yesterday, I only have Shrimrod's lighting mod so I don't know what's causing it not to work.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#86 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:14 PM
Was there a new patch yesterday or did you install anything? If so, check that script mods are still enabled.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#87 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 10:34 AM
Ah, script mods. My game's setting got set back to default after I had to re-install Origin. Sorry, it's working perfectly >.<
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 5:50 PM Last edited by Rikhardz : 9th Jun 2015 at 6:17 PM.
I got a problem, I added some commands to the .py file (sims.add_buff e_buff_<inspired, happy, energized, flirty, focused>). But when I go into the game and enter "cow" or "buff" or "cowplant" (Which I set the shortcuts to) it just says that the command is invalid. The thing is, manually typing it in works fine and yes, all the other shortcuts that have been added by default work without a problem.

Also, the sims.add_buff are all written separately ex. sims.add_buff e_buff_Inspired *next row* sims.add_buff e_buff_Focused etc.

I was just wondering if you MIGHT know what is the problem, is there some sort of special way to do this or what? does the def pb_<name> have to be set to something certain for the sims.add_buff to work?

EDIT: This is how the code looks
@sims4.commands.Command('cow', 'cowplant', 'buff', command_type=sims4.commands.CommandType.Live)
def pb_sims(_connection=None):
command = '|testingcheats on'
sims4.commands.client_cheat(command, _connection)
command = 'sims.add_buff e_buff_Inspired'
command = 'sims.add_buff e_buff_Happy'
command = 'sims.add_buff e_buff_Focused'
command = 'sims.add_buff e_buff_Energized'
command = 'sims.add_buff e_buff_Flirty'

Please, excuse me if it looks like shit or I've fucked something masterfully up, but I'm VERY new to this kind of stuff.

EDIT2: I fixed it by doing the following:

@sims4.commands.Command('cow', 'cowplant', 'buff', command_type=sims4.commands.CommandType.Live)
def pb_sims(_connection=None):
command = '|testingcheats on'
command = '|sims.add_buff e_buff_Inspired'
command = '|sims.add_buff e_buff_Happy'
command = '|sims.add_buff e_buff_Focused'
command = '|sims.add_buff e_buff_Energized'
command = '|sims.add_buff e_buff_Flirty'

I added '|' at the beginning of the sims.add_buff command! Sorry for bothering.
Test Subject
#89 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 4:33 PM Last edited by ehrenglaube : 16th Jun 2015 at 5:09 PM. Reason: added a question
How would I add a command shortcut for something that requires you input a number as well such as the cheat 'sims.give_satisfaction_points {#}'? I mostly do html and css not much for the logic based programming languages XD.

Edit: rather than adding a new post with this I'll add it to the bottom...

For things like 'modifyrelationship {yoursimID} {targetsimID} 50 {relationshipBit}' and 'relationship.add_bit {yoursimID} {targetsimID} {relationshipBit}' how would I do that also?
Test Subject
#90 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 6:03 PM
anyone manage to add the enablefreebuild to the shortcuts? could someone post the code!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 6:16 PM
very cool and helpful... thanx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:19 PM
Thanks, PB, you're the man.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 4:07 PM
thank you :3
Test Subject
#94 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 10:50 AM
I have placed the zipped folder in my mods folder but in game none of the shortcuts will work :/ script mods are enabled and im using the most recent version of the game. any suggetions?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#95 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:51 AM
thanks heaps
Test Subject
#96 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orangetictac
I have placed the zipped folder in my mods folder but in game none of the shortcuts will work :/ script mods are enabled and im using the most recent version of the game. any suggetions?

did you work this out as i did the same and cant get it to work this is the first time i added a mod to the sims 4
Test Subject
#97 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 4:14 PM
the game sees the mod but it doesn't work. i don't know why not? it is to bad. I have tried but nothing happens.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#98 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 6:13 PM
Which exact command do you mean by "it"?

Test Subject
#99 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 7:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Which exact command do you mean by "it"?

well all commands don't work. not even the list wich should show the shortcuts.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#100 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 7:34 PM
Do you have script mods enabled? Can you show a screenshot of how exactly the game "sees the mod"?

Page 4 of 8