Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#26 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:22 AM
I stopped playing with the Goths for a while while (while while?) I built and played with the future spouses of Cassandra and Alexander. They are both marrying computer geeks who grew up in the same house together. When Cassandra grew into a young adult, she joined the painter career and moved in with Flynn. After saving (and selling lots of painting), Cassandra and Flynn got married at the museum. It was my first mostly-successful wedding. I still have a few things to iron out, but mostly, it was a nice gathering of family and friends. They are focusing on their careers and saving to buy a larger home in Willow Creek.

Alexander has been focusing on his music. He reached level six in violin before growing up to be a teen. I love how many options there are for music as your musician gains skill. Alexander is also dabbling in the piano. His early attempts are not as sour as others who just start. Is this because he's gained a certain amount of proficiency on the violin?

Mortie continues to write. I think he'll immortalize one of his family when he's able, although I haven't decided who that should be. Thoughts?

Bella wants more money. More. She just can't earn enough. Since Cassandra left, she's started dabbling with Cassandra's old easel and paints, although it's not a whole lot of fun for her. She's also started secretly writing "children's" books when Mortimer is not around. *wink *wink.

Meh - My Goths are kind of boring. Well, this generation anyway. Maybe I'll mix it up soon.

What do you do with their mansion? Do you switch it up in any way? I've been putting in new floors and recoloring some of the furniture because all the black depresses me. A little writing room would be nice, maybe a conservatory on the roof.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 11:59 AM
I think it's really nice that in TS4 all of the family is together, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I just really want them to be a happy family after all that's happened to them.
I always liked them as a family, I think they're interesting in all their gloominess.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 12:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SerenaSims
Well mine is a bit off topic, but I must say that Bella Goth has been a favorite of mine since I began playing the sims series. The Goth family was the first family I ever played in the sims, going back all the way to sims 1, so they are a little close to my heart. ^.^
It's been 14 years since we found out Bella Goth went missing in the sims 2, and I was sooooo disappointed when I found that we still know nothing upon the release of sims 4. I get now why she went missing, but I need EA to give us some solid answers, and some closure. It makes me a bit insane when I really think about it.

for the sake of consistency.. i thought ts2 was released in 2004, making that 10 years ago
Forum Resident
#29 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 12:45 PM
I have a slight problem with the Goths now. Morty is getting and might die soon. Cassandra has moved in with her new husband, Alexander is preparing to move to Oasis Springs to start his research in Xeno-Fauna/Xeno-Flora, so soon it might just be Bella and my thrd Goth-child, Magnus left in the house. Neither of them is the writing type, and I'm not sure if Morty's royalties will keep coming in after his death.
Any suggestions what I can do so they won't lose the house?

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 12:51 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 11th Oct 2014 at 1:23 PM.
Cassandra and Flynn have moved into a larger house in Willow Creek. They bought it unfurnished, which made it affordable, so the house is mostly empty right now. But that doesn't matter because it is awesome. There are three bedrooms and two great living/play areas plus a very large back yard. One thing I miss in this Sims game is big back yards. There's plenty of wall space for Cassandra's work, now and when pools come, there will be room for one.

Claudia (Alexander's future bride) moved into the Goth manor and is staying in Cassandra's old room. The only thing she's added to the bedroom is a fancy new computer, but that's because she doesn't really pay close attention to her surroundings. At some point, Bella will probably insist on making over the room. Alexander has been sneaking into her room to sleep.

Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 2:33 PM
Update on my Goth family.

> Cassandra & Me.sim gets married and have 2 kids. One now an insane teenage daughter (random trait rolled) is in a relationship with Liquid Snake (an Evil sim). And number 2 is a boy who will carry on the family name,

> Alexander is married with a son and climbing the Mob career. His wife is a sweet townie painter he met.

> Bella is still climbing the spy career, is now an Elder, and crying everyday at Mort's grave.

> Mort occasionally return from the dead as ghosts to 'console' Bella. Got it? :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 8:28 PM
Emino, did you leave Cassandra as she came? I edited her in CAS a little bit.

Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Emino, did you leave Cassandra as she came? I edited her in CAS a little bit.

Just her clothes, hair and acessories. However I did edit our daughter because me.sim and Cassy features doesnt look good for a girl!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 4:33 AM
The subject matter being what it is, I assume most would have seen this http://kotaku.com/a-sims-fan-theory...dark-1641330321 ?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow just as an interest thing? The Sims Wiki expands on the theories even further, but this was like a nutshell.

Of course I also liked this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK9...eature=youtu.be . I thought it was kind of well done.

In the original TS I never really played townie Sims unless they married or otherwise joined into my own made Sims and I don't think the Goths originally did much for me, which was strange because IIRC, they sort of made a big deal out of the family more than others? Initial play I think I even shirked them until I was well established in play and started to relent and let them be friends of my newer created families. I then of course held them as such that I never wanted to play them but leave them as some kind of enigma family. Mind you, in the original TS, I didn't play townies (or any pre-mades for that matter) unless, as I said, one of my Sims married one or such.

By TS2, I was looking for the Goths and wondered why I could never find Bella anywhere even though the family was still about. But again, not playing the townies/pre-mades thing unless etc. etc. I wasn't keen on looking up Wikis and the like in those days and never bothered to find out. It obviously didn't bother that much other than to be a mystery of sorts? Perhaps she was there and I'd stumble across her hidden somewhere. Again, the Goths were treated as some enigmatic family everyone has heard about, but not have necessarily mingled with outside of perhaps charity functions and so on.

TS3 I was pretty stumped about Bella being a child and that was when I started searching for answers and found all the theories and statements from developers etc. and scratched my head as to why? It surprised me that they had put huge timelines between games as well, like the difference between TS and TS2 was something like 50 years (if I got that right - it could have been between TS2 and TS3?). And of course the alternate realities or whatever? Why? Didn't make the game more playable for me, nor more interesting? Oh well. Oh well, enigmatic and iconic they remained, but I don't think I went out of my way to avoid any of them, just not doing anything out of the ordinary.

TS4 I think I was glad to see Bella back looking more beautiful than they had ever made her (model-wise, I think this iteration of the game has come along in leaps and bounds in making Sims look so good) and I have never been more attracted to Bella game-wise. She has befriended many of my Sim families and I'll also mention that I have gone into all of the families in Willow Grove to look at what they are like (and their homes) as there is so much more interest in their personalities now. Shame about the family trees and memories...

But again, even though I am befriending the Goths with my Sims, I am not sure I am going to lure Mortimer or Bella away from each other, or make them cheat on each other. One of my young adult Sim males however has a thing for Cassie, because I as a player didn't realise she was a frikken teen until after he had spent a lot of effort on her relationship-wise (he was one of my first Sims that I used to find out what was new and improved, didn't know what the different age group dialogue options were, and because I had deemed she was his main romantic interest - which sounds a little creepy knowing the age difference - despite his playing the field with a couple of other femSims) because what is the physical difference between a teen and young adult?! I'm going to have to age her up I suppose? Other than that, I have no desire to interfere with the iconic family of my past games, and though I know people in this thread want otherwise (because that is what the thread is about), it is what I like most about them I think. Gimme a break, I'm old and I'm strange! LQL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 12:42 PM
The Goth history is fascinating, Mr. Roc. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out later. I had no intention of ever playing with the Goths either when we (my son and I) first got Sims 1. I wanted to get rid of them and a friend of mine pointed out how interesting and quirky they were. We got a Prima guide later and I enjoyed the couple of snippets in the guide about Bella and Morimer (mostly, it looked the guide writer/writers played various scenarios involving the Goths leaving their manor and Mortimer taking up with other Sims). At first, I played with Bella as if she were a townie and had her move in with one of my Sims who was very sympathetic after Bella and Morty had gotten into a fight. Then later, I started playing the premade's houses. I loved the implied stories created by Maxis. The Goths became especially interesting with Makin' Magic and with the addition of Mortimer's parents in the game.

In Sims 2, I followed the Prima Guide's suggestion to starting game play in Pleasantville, because the stories were set up to run with certain triggers. I found the premades fun, once again enjoying their backstories. Same with Sims 3, although it seemed like a sharp departure from what had taken place so far. It was still interesting. There seems to be less background to the Sims in general in Sims 4, but the Goths remain fascinating as is their mansion.

Weirdest thing happened today while playing. Maybe it's a glitch, but Mortimer and Bella would not woohoo in their own bed. They kept going into Cassandra's room and trying to use her bed. I'd stop them because...they have a perfectly good bed and Claudia needs to sleep there. Claudia lay down for a nap and the Goths still tried to use her bed. Luckily, that interaction failed. I put them in their room and removed the door and they still wouldn't use their bed. I replaced their bed and they still indicated that they preferred Cassandra's old bed. So I stowed Cassandra's bed in inventory and gave Claudia a couple of twin beds (Alexander likes to sleep next to her). Finally, Mr. and Mrs. Goth would woohoo in their own bed. So weird. At some point, Claudia and Alexander will need a double bed. Will Mortimer and Bella ever stop intruding and messing up their son/future daughter-in-law's bed?

Scholar
#36 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 2:22 PM
I think the goths are in every incarnation of the Sims, except maybe Sims Freeplay (which has no premades as far as I remember. I haven't played it in a few years.) I downloaded the Sims Medieval for iPad and discovered that there was an NPC called "Conan Goth" wandering around. I'm assuming that he's one of Mortimer's ancestors.

And in the Sims Medieval, there is the song "Lament for Mortimer"
Field Researcher
#37 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 1:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SerenaSims
Well mine is a bit off topic, but I must say that Bella Goth has been a favorite of mine since I began playing the sims series. The Goth family was the first family I ever played in the sims, going back all the way to sims 1, so they are a little close to my heart. ^.^
It's been 14 years since we found out Bella Goth went missing in the sims 2, and I was sooooo disappointed when I found that we still know nothing upon the release of sims 4. I get now why she went missing, but I need EA to give us some solid answers, and some closure. It makes me a bit insane when I really think about it.

Anyways, when I play with them I give them quite the love story they deserve, but something always goes wrong. I don't know why but I always make Bella have an affair. I never plan to once I begin playing their household, but it always seems to happen one way or another. In my world it seems that as much as Bella loves Mortimer, she can't seem to settle down once and for all. She gets tired of playing the house wife, and taking care of the kids. Bella for me has always had a wild side, and she always seems to bring it out. Then after her fun is over, of course she goes back home to Morty and they continue their life in love. Though she tends to run off a lot, she always ends up back with him.

Your story is the same as mine, to the T! It's nuts! I LOVED the Goths in TS1, and even then Bella couldn't keep her hands off of the other bachelors in town! Mortimer, the faithful and brainy husband, he never saw it coming! I personally hated Cassandra, and Bella didn't care much to be a stay at home mom either. She was always a wild child when I played her too. In TS2, I was pleasantly surprised that Bella had gone "missing" and then we see a "clone" or DO WE in Strangetown! It was just so perfect of a story! I did want to try and get her back to Mortimer, but you never really could. The cheats and stuff they had for it, yea it was strange and I agree that EA/Maxis NEEDS TO TELL US WHAT REALLY HAPPENED AND WHY! We must know know truth!

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:31 AM
@MrRoc, I finally watch the video (both links lead to the same video...or am I missing something?). That was interesting, although it's rather dark, as you say. It's not quite how I imagined the back story, but it was well done.

Field Researcher
#39 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 7:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
@MrRoc, I finally watch the video (both links lead to the same video...or am I missing something?). That was interesting, although it's rather dark, as you say. It's not quite how I imagined the back story, but it was well done.

Sorry mate, one link was to the written article with the YouTube link at the bottom - which I failed to see until after I had posted it here. The other was a direct link to the video which I discovered was at the bottom of the article much later - I had actually stumbled across the vid before the article and recognised the article had the video as a graphic (I couldn't play the video from clicking on the image so I assumed it was a screen shot and totally missed the link at the bottom!).

So yes, both links lead to the same video sorry...
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:39 AM Last edited by leefish : 18th Oct 2014 at 3:16 PM.
In two different game files that I started but since erased; I created a male that looks a bit like me, named him after me then had him poach Bella, get her to marry my Sim , start a new family. The first time I did that was right after I bought TS4 Also it was that first game ever that before I stole Bella (Aint sure Morty cares) I found him walking near my Sims' home and had my Sim start a fight with Mortimer. Mort mopped the floor with my Sim. All the more sweet when I took his wife.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:36 PM
Poor Bella, she's so objectified by some of you randy players.

I find her relationship with Mortimer a bit puzzling, but quite genuine. In this game especially, as weird as Mortimer is, it's clear to me that he has a strong attachment to and connection with Bella. They seem to really want each other's company and attention. I'm enjoying them this time around as a couple. Oh, and they are finally using their own bed for their activities and leaving the kids alone.

Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 5:47 PM
.... by the time that I realized that sims outside of my household were aging, Bella and Mortimer were already dead, and Cassandra died the following day after I met her. OOPS.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#44 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 6:20 PM
So sad, FuyamiAya! Maybe next time you play....

I've been playing with aging off because I wasn't sure if the game's aging system would allow enough time I wanted and I didn't want neighbors aging up before I had a chance to play them. I still age up Sims when I'm ready. Someone said the aging system was broken after the last patch, which is really sad. Luckily, it isn't broken in my game *knocks on wood*.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 1:11 PM
I just love the goths. I found in Sims 4, their story was sort of hollow and they weren't quite interesting as they were in the sims 2. I feel like if they made like a playable 'mission' to rescue Bella from the aliens would have got me WAYY more excited than just their boring family life. But still, I just love them! I hope in Sims 5, there's like more drama or more of a backstory in them
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:05 AM
Someone brought up the old console games. I think it was in Sims Bustin' Out that the Goths lived in this creepy old mansion with a weird organ and a green house full of alien-like plants in it. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that next time.

I agree that the Goths lack much of a back story in S4. I still enjoyed playing their house.

Scholar
#48 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:35 AM
Humble brag: My self sim is good friends with Bella.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:58 PM
I think that Bella is really interesting, but then she's living with this shockingly-boring family. I miss Michael bachelor. He was such a good brother to her...
Smeg Head
#50 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 5:33 AM
The Goths? Bella? 17 years of The Sims franchise. I had my own (in depth) theory of the saga when TS2 has Bella abducted, her brother dead in the Caliente house, Mortimer with a "happy" memory of her being taken, (given he is a scientist in Sims 1 he may have had a hand in that?) Both Mortimer and Don are linked to Bella and the Caliente girls. And, the Caliente girls have alien heritage in their family tree history. You could drive yourself nuts trying to get to the bottom of it. Some TV dramas don't have as much intrigue. Nor do some TV productions have as much talent as the next couple of vids on the Goth mystery.

If you haven't seen these vids before, then you'll be glad to see them now. The quality production is superb. The mystery of the Goths ever deepens, The sentiment will bring a tear to your eye if the whole saga interests you. And "Beautiful," is only the first description that comes to mind.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Page 2 of 3