Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:02 PM
Water plane issues.
Hey all. Long time lurker here.

I hope someone here will be able to help, I'm completely lost. I have been busy creating a world for over a year now, and I am deeply impressed and happy with how far I've come with it and how it has turned out so far... BUT... now I'm stuck. I am creating a tropical mountain with waterfalls and a road running through it, i need 6 water planes.

I followed Zaide's tutorial on water planes, but seems his tool is not working. So i used the bridgeport water plane files, as there is exactly the same number of water planes in bridgeport as i would like to use in my world. Got the coordinates of where I want to place each plane, X1 and Z1 being smaller than X2 and Z2 by 32 or more. Used SandrineD's tool to generate the hex code for the 707 files, used HxD to edit the hex code, and made sure that the amount of planes that will be used in my world are correct in the 906 file.

Now when I import the BNRY files into my world, and I open up my world in CAW, I get a error message that reads:

"Unable to load file. 'C:\Users\Laureen\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\World1.world':
Could not load File C:\Users\Laureen\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\World1.world."

I don't know where I went wrong with this, I'm disappointed as I feel my world won't be as impressive without the water planes... please someone, help this noob over here
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 1:18 PM
Hi @lalberts9310

To start with, check out this recent thread:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602551

Some other players were having trouble with waterplanes, and what they discovered may help you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Hi @lalberts9310

To start with, check out this recent thread:
https://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=602551

Some other players were having trouble with waterplanes, and what they discovered may help you.

Thank you very much, but I did everything exactly the same as in the link you provided. Still no budge tried again, and I now get an error message that reads:

"Unable to load file, 'C:\Users\Laureen\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\UserToolData\Worlds\World1_Bpk_02-23-2018_00-26-40\World1.world': Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

this is doing me head in.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:00 PM
Can you open the world from that location without the water level resources imported?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:01 PM
@simsample yes, without the water planes it opens up just fine
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:29 PM
Maybe you could attach the waterplane files and I can take a look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:51 PM
Maybe you could attach the waterplane files and I can take a look.

Here they are
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Water planes.zip (6.3 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
dodgy builder
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:53 PM
Can you use water on lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Can you use water on lots

Yep, can make ponds and all. tried to use the pond tool in super caw, but that didn't work either. Goes through the terrain around it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#10 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 8:39 PM
Hi @lalberts9310

I looked at your files, and there seems to be something wrong with just one of your water levels.

As you can see from these pictures, if I remove S3_707CA200_00000000_0000000000000004%%+UNKN.bnry then the other water planes show up just fine:

With that number 4 file in, the game crashes as you found, with a fatal error that indicates protected memory is being accessed. So I'm guessing that number 4 has some errors in it- maybe you put in the wrong co-ordinates and it's trying to make an infinite plane, or perhaps divide by zero or something else impossible.

So, try re-generating that one, to see if you can make it work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 4:53 PM
Hi @lalberts9310

I looked at your files, and there seems to be something wrong with just one of your water levels.

As you can see from these pictures, if I remove S3_707CA200_00000000_0000000000000004%%+UNKN.bnry then the other water planes show up just fine:

With that number 4 file in, the game crashes as you found, with a fatal error that indicates protected memory is being accessed. So I'm guessing that number 4 has some errors in it- maybe you put in the wrong co-ordinates and it's trying to make an infinite plane, or perhaps divide by zero or something else impossible.

So, try re-generating that one, to see if you can make it work.

Ah, Thank you so much!! Regenerated that nr 4 file, still made CAW crash, so I think my co-ordinates may be at fault, so will try fixing it