Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:24 PM
Default Second story indoor balconies/roof issues?
Hey all. So I've been busy building away, and every time I get to a point where I'm trying to build an indoor balcony, such as an upstairs halway where you can see the downstairs room type deal, I can figure out how to get the floor to go away correctly and whatnot.. But it doesn't technically count as an enclosed room, thus any roof that touches it or goes near it just goes right on in. After fighting with the room tool to get it to work in the first place, the roof thing just seems to want to rain on my parade. Does anyone know how to go around this/fix this? /:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:25 AM
I always build the space as a room, add the roof (if the space us using a different roof section from the main house), then delete the wall to make a loft.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 2:31 AM
Moving to Create > Building.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 3:18 AM Last edited by TVRdesigns : 22nd Oct 2014 at 10:44 PM.
I've discussed this with some other experienced builders, and, unless you wall off the stairs, the roof will not cut away. This is because the game counts the indoor gap (dunno really what to call it) and the actual floored area as two different rooms. So, basically, because neither room is closed off by WALLS on all four sides (as opposed to fences), the game doesn't register it as a room and thus, does not cut the roof away. My suggestion is to just either move the stairs, rearrange the roof, or think of a way that you can sort of.. wall off the stairs.

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread