Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 11:00 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 6th Feb 2015 at 7:16 PM.
Default TSR Workshop for TS4 released
The new Workshop is available now at http://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/

Introductory guidance here: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...t-instructions/

It also does Sims 3 stuff so you don't have to have two versions of it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:01 PM
Thanks Inge!

Do you happen to know where tutorials/wiki for TS4 creation can be found? I just checked briefly and the info/wiki link on that page seems to be all about TS3 creation (patterns, etc).

If anyone knows where to find that, it would be nice if you’d post here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532269 (Tutorials sticky list in Tutorials). Thanks!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:04 PM
No I don't think they did any yet. At least I haven't seen them... Oh I remember I think they did but they're waiting for management to put the pages up. Most of it is enormously similar to TS3 tho - I mean in the way you'd use Workshop to do the tasks.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:42 PM
I keep trying to unpack the new version, and it keeps hanging at 9% then gives a .tmp file. Also Chrome warns me about downloading this, which it never has before. Anyone one successfully unpacked it yet?
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:44 PM
It's apparently because the zip contains an exe and it's one that not enough people have downloaded yet for chrome's stats to recognise as safe. What I do is either switch to firefox to download it, or use chrome but after its downloaded and y ou get the popup, quickly go into the folder where it downloaded to and change the name so when chrome goes to wipe it, it doesn't recognise it :D

Oh and the tmp file thing one person already had that problem and it was their virus checker "avast" stopping it unzipping properly.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:45 PM
HL- I tried 3 times to extract it to a folder and after seeming to finish extracting it just disappeared from the folder. No warning from Firefox when downloading it and Avast didn't complain either.

edit to add: I tried redownloading it too, just in case, and the same thing happened.
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:46 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 6th Feb 2015 at 6:57 PM.
I just added someething to my reply. I've been unpacking without problems but I have no virus checker at all. Anyway needless to say it doesn't actually have a virus so may be worth disabling the checker just for the time it takes to extract. Annoying

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:56 PM
Ohhhh. So Avast didn't complain, it just silently killed it and didn't tell me. I see, I see. *plots revenge*
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:15 PM
Oh, here is the forum post with some introductory guidance for using it: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...t-instructions/

Alchemist
#10 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I just added someething to my reply. I've been unpacking without problems but I have no virus checker at all. Anyway needless to say it doesn't actually have a virus so may be worth disabling the checker just for the time it takes to extract. Annoying

Wait. You have no virus checker at all? Interesting. Do you never use them?
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:31 PM
No I never have used a virus checker of the sort that sits in the background. Oh I do have a scanner that I run once in a blue moon to see if anything's on my system. I have been very lucky all but once some years ago, when I got something I removed by hand following instructions online.

Scholar
#12 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 3:23 PM
very buggy is