Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 8:36 AM
Default random sad music?
so i was wondering if anyone here could help me as to what the random sad music is that i heard.
it happened while i was playing my legacy branch..nothing out of the norm, everyone was home and either doing homework, sleeping, bathing, or eating.
but all of a sudden i hear this kinda soft, sad music seep in and im like. o_O
it happened during the night, around 9:30pm-ish sim time.

it wasnt the grim reapers' music.
it wasnt the music that plays when a ghost pops up... i have 3 ghosts on my lot, so i can tell the difference.
its not the music that plays when something breaks, either. o_O;;

i even checked all my sims' relationships, to see if anything had been done differently, but everyone was fine [ including neighbors, friends, etc. ], and besides, if theyd died off the lot, it wouldve told me. which it didnt.
i also searched Google, but none of the answers explained what i'd heard.

so who here has heard this music before, and who can tell me what it was about? i cant find a cause. o_O;;

thanks in advance to anyone who took the time to read~.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 9:29 AM
The only thing I can think of is you have switched households and one of the Sims you switched from had a locked opportunity - then what you're hearing would be the 'opportunity has expired' musical cue. The corresponding message box doesn't always pop up. In any event it's harmless.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 9:50 AM
the thing about the legacy challenge is that im not allowed to switch households, so, i havnt done that. :/

Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 1:43 PM
Why just yesterday I think I had the same experience! A random, rather sad tune played. I think I reognised it as from when the social worker takes away your children. Thing is, my only child was fine at home, and judging by your first post, so were any children of yours. Very strange, but perhaps the sound has played from somewhere else in the neighbourhood?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 3:29 PM
That music also plays when sims break up, but I think I've also heard it for unknown reasons.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Sep 2009 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stariscool
Why just yesterday I think I had the same experience! A random, rather sad tune played. I think I reognised it as from when the social worker takes away your children. Thing is, my only child was fine at home, and judging by your first post, so were any children of yours. Very strange, but perhaps the sound has played from somewhere else in the neighbourhood?

that might be it. none of the children were taken, and none of my sims broke up with each other, but, ive never had the social worker come before, so it could very well be because of that. next time i'll do a more thorough watch of the neighborhood. *awesomemod-less*

Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2009 at 11:04 PM
I believe theres a couple of musical scores that play in certain households (Gothic music for the goths, a different music for the mortimers, etc) and if you move your CAS sims in, this 'signature tune' for the families stays in there.
I've got a couple of houses that strike up music for no reason.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 11:42 PM
I JUST had this experience! I'm glad I'm not the only one. For me; I have a 3 Sim household, no pets, no children, 2 sims watching tv inside, the other was playing the piano outside. The little sad melody started at 3:31am. I paused my game and started looking around the premises carefully and found nothing. I checked relationship statuses, maybe an animal had given birth on the property (which was not the case), my sims don't have any close neighbors so that rules out the social worker. I'm at a loss and have no clue what that sad little tune was about. Hopefully someone will figure this out because this mystery is driving me nuts!! LOL I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT IT WAS!
Inventor
#9 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 12:01 AM
I had the same experience a few times with different houses/families; the music always appeared at night when everyone was asleep and it always came from somewhere on the grounds, never from the room I was watching, but not from neighbors, etc., either - some of the houses are quite isolated. Nothing ever happened so I could never establish the cause: it seems to be completely random.

I never heard it before SHT happened so my question is: do you all have the EP and has it happened before you got it? Most of the bugs and glitches I experienced with SHT are somehow connected with sound and this seems to be one of them.
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 12:16 AM
I get several, odd little melodies through out the day, every day, with my sim :/ She has no pets, no loves, and nothing bad/good happens. But odd melodies playu. From Very happy sounding ones, to sad ones, to this one that sounds... Triumphant. And it's happened ever since I installed the game.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 12:17 AM
I don't have SHT and the music plays for my simmies. Like you said, always at night between midnight and 5am. Could it be something to do with Twallans mods? Does everyone have storyprogression? Perhaps other townies are having their children taken away and the music is a glitch?

"Those who mind don't matter; and those that matter don't mind" - Dr Suess
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GamesWithVodka
I get several, odd little melodies through out the day, every day, with my sim :/ She has no pets, no loves, and nothing bad/good happens. But odd melodies playu. From Very happy sounding ones, to sad ones, to this one that sounds... Triumphant. And it's happened ever since I installed the game.

Do you have Ambitions? The one that sounds "Triumphant" kind of sounds like the sound that sounds when an inactive gets a job as a firefighter. Each of the Ambitions Professions seem to have their own little sound tracks when an inactive Sim gets one of the Ambition Professions.

Vickster, I have Twallan's Story Progression Mod and other mods. I occasionally get music when one of the inactive Ghost Hunters in my town have a Spirit Invasion job in the house next door to me, but I don't have constant sad music playing all the time.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Do you have Ambitions? The one that sounds "Triumphant" kind of sounds like the sound that sounds when an inactive gets a job as a firefighter. Each of the Ambitions Professions seem to have their own little sound tracks when an inactive Sim gets one of the Ambition Professions.

Vickster, I have Twallan's Story Progression Mod and other mods. I occasionally get music when one of the inactive Ghost Hunters in my town have a Spirit Invasion job in the house next door to me, but I don't have constant sad music playing all the time.

Yea I do. That might be why random stuff is playing all the time, I filled all the homes with randomly generated sims.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 1:59 AM
I don't run any mods and I get the 'when people break up' song every once in a while. I've always just assumed that someone nearby my lot was breaking up??
Inventor
#15 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:05 AM
So probably not caused by SHT or mods.

What about patches? I am on 1.31.
Scholar
#16 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:08 AM
Yeah, it's probably just a random glitch thing. I randomly hear music when I play, sometimes it's a profession upgrade tune, sometimes it's the sad music. I'm not sure what causes it, but once I get over the initial "HOLY CRAP, WHAT JU- oh, nevermind..." reaction, I don't mind to much.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 4th Apr 2012 at 2:35 AM
I do have SHT, but I'm not certain that it started happening before OR after I got it...Running 1.33 and I am certain that I had the sound at least two days ago and I've been using 1.33 for more than a week.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 5th Apr 2012 at 1:20 AM
Once I got the 'a ghost is walking about' melody, even though my sim was nowhere near any ghosts. It went away when I saved and quit, though.

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:56 PM
I noticed no one has replied this in a while, but I just found this thread on Google... I have had the same problem since I re-installed The Sims 3 a few weeks ago. It didn't really bother me in the beginning but now it's just annoying, and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Any of you managed to fix this?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:21 PM
I always get random music playing usually when the in-game clock hits midnight. Sometimes the display of the clock stops changing for a few seconds but then goes straight to the proper time afterwards. I don't think it's the music this thread is talking about though because it's not sad.

Sometimes I've had the ghost hunter music continuously play on my home lot or a lot next to it for a few sim days.
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:55 PM
This music played for me when my sim found out she had become pregnant. Maybe it's because your sim doesn't want to be pregnant?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#22 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 6:52 PM
Please don't reply on dead threads that are 4 years old and long left Thanks!