Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IAmDeath
I tried learning Gaelic a few times. I quit after a day each time. It's more infuriating than French.

Ah, French, the language where they say just 50% of the letters they actually write in their words. Why do you even write it? And yes, the French people has problems with spelling the right version of the words in their own language.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
omg yes .... or Tiphanny ...

Ashole = Ashley. Everyone called her ash hole.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
#78 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 4:28 AM

Do you think her parents loved her? Or maybe they were drunk at her naming ceremony ...
Scholar
#79 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Do you think her parents loved her? Or maybe they were drunk at her naming ceremony ...

I think they were hipsters or hippies. They wanted something different.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Theorist
#80 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 4:40 AM

What a fitting nickname if you look at what kind of Dutch people tend to give their kids such English names ending with a y, with Ashley or Wesley as perfect examples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokkie

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 8:48 AM
Yes, Mr. Fairy person, correctly it is O-shean, or ocean. All wet and crashing about. And I know someone who named their girl ABCDE - pronounced it Absidie - pretty sounding, but stupid.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#82 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 12:06 PM Last edited by TheOriginalFive : 1st Aug 2015 at 2:54 PM.
And I thought my real name was weird. Everyone insisted on calling me Ling like Mei Ling, though my name isn't as cliche is that.

It's part of the reason I go by Adeline, people are less likely to stress on the wrong syllable.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#83 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 1:22 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 1st Aug 2015 at 2:05 PM.
Ah yes, Gaelic names. In one of my previous jobs I had frequent email contact with a person in Ireland called Caoimhe (which at first I thought was a Native American name, perhaps, btw). And when I was there eventually in person I was then told to go see one Queever to discuss matters. Damn, now who is that going to be and why did I have to talk about this with somebody completely new? Why couldn't I just see Cow-Im-Heh?

But wrong spelling of my name doesn't really bother me anymore. My last name has more consonants than anything else and in a completely unintuitive order for anyone who does not speak the language it stems from. Even I had to spell it silently to myself for a very long time in order not to mess it up. So, I am just glad when I do receive mail addressed to me anyway despite the creative spelling of my name by those who wrote me.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#84 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 3:50 PM
I can't say I bother about mispellings or even mispronunciations of my real name. I've been called all sorts of variants through my life anyway (it's a common enough name - at least the one I'm known by, which is not my real (in fact common also) name). I don't care. I think worrying about it is being over-sensitive and over-egotistical (for myself, I'm not pointing my finger at anyone here).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 4 of 4