Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 3:34 AM
Default Maleficent Challenge
I'm pretty sure not many people thought about doing a challenge focused on the live action film. But today, I'm making another Sims 3 challenge (I know, Sims 3 has more expansions than Sims 4 does for now). Anyways, let me tell of the challenge. Story: Have you heard the tale of Sleeping Beauty? Perhaps you haven't heard of Maleficent's backstory. A long time ago, there were two kingdoms that waged war for centuries. The human kingdom was envious of the riches that the Moors folk had. The humans would try to steal its treasures. They could never get over their jealousy and envy of the Fair Folk. In the Moors, there lived neither king and queen. Every manner of Fair Folk in the Moors trusted in one another. And one specific creature seemed to stand out from the most... On a great cliff lived a powerful and benevolent faerie. You may take her for a girl, but she was not like a typical girl, for she was a faerie. And her name was... Maleficent.

That's it for the introduction. You start as a teen Fairy (if you have the mod that allows for teen households without adults), and name her Maleficent. She must have those traits: daredevil, good, loves the outdoors, and eco-friendly. She must wear similar clothes to what she wore in the live action film. You can use custom content to make her look just like the Maleficent from the live action film Maleficent.

Also create the three "good" fairies. They have to start off as either Adults or Elders.

Create Stefan, and make him Maleficent's romantic interest for a while. Give Stefan the traits ambitious, coward, insane, and supernatural skeptic. When he becomes a young adult, give him the evil trait. There has to be a castle, and a forest that resembles the ones as seen in the movie. You can play in the world called Dragon Valley.

When Maleficent and Stefan become young adults, Stefan will "betray" her by taking her wings. And when Maleficent gets betrayed, change her trait "good" to "evil." She should have her clothes completely black because of the betrayal, and she should wear a headdress or something like that. And create a "throne" for her in the Moors. This will be the right time to introduce Diaval into the story. His traits should be friendly, absent-minded, family-oriented, clumsy, and brave. (I know sims can't shapeshift, but I suggest getting a crow and several other black animals if you have the Pets expansion).

Diaval will go check on Stefan, and Maleficent finds out. Have Stefan's wife produce a child and name her Aurora. Aurora's starting traits should be good and excitable. Maleficent will arrive at the castle, and when that happens, have her "curse" Aurora. After all, you can use your imagination to believe that she's actually cursing the child to pricking her finger during her mid-teens.

Most of the time, the others will be NPCs. Only Maleficent, Diaval, and Aurora can be interacted with. To place the "wall of thorns" around the Moors, use a hedge from build mode and place it around the lot so no one can enter. You can add the gate, but set it so only Maleficent and Diaval could enter. Maleficent and Diaval will check on Aurora from time to time, but the "good" fairies must not know. I suggest having the autonomy set to low so that the fairies seem more clueless and not good at taking care of kids! Maleficent will play tricks on them from a distance sometimes by "fairy" trapping the plumbing and other stuff. When Aurora becomes a child, she will hug Maleficent. So, direct Maleficent to make Aurora leave her alone, or cancel the interactions. When Aurora becomes a teen, Maleficent will lead her into the Moors (Maleficent must not be seen by Aurora during the first part of introducing Aurora into the Moors). Use your imagination for a moment, and then Maleficent will come out of the shadows. Direct Aurora to speak with her, calling her her fairy godmother.

The next night Aurora gets into the Moors, change Maleficent's trait from evil to good. And later when it's bedtime, they should go to the cottage. Have Maleficent attempt to revoke the curse. (It is a failed attempt as seen in the movie, remember?) And when morning comes, have Maleficent talk to Aurora. Imagine her saying this: "There is an evil in this world, and I cannot keep you from it." After that, have Aurora 'remind' her that she's becoming independent. Maleficent will tell her that Aurora can live in the Moors now. Soon after, introduce the useless prince into the challenge, and have him socialize with Aurora for a moment. It has to be very brief, remember? Then the prince must be left alone in the woods somewhere. Aurora will enter the cottage, and the fairies will tell her about the curse. Direct Aurora to confront her fairy godmother, then make her go to the castle. Maleficent and Diaval shall go to the castle as the sun sets. They must not be seen by anyone in the castle as they take the prince to the bedroom where Aurora is sleeping in. As they enter the room, the prince will attempt to kiss her, and Aurora will not wake up yet. The prince will immediately get out of the castle. Have Maleficent approach Aurora, and make her "apologize." And as Aurora wakes up, have them hug each other. They will try to escape the castle. Stefan will ambush Maleficent in the throne room, and have Diaval try to help Maleficent. Aurora will enter a random room to free the "wings."

After that, have Maleficent fight Stefan on the roof of the castle. If you like, you can use a cheat to teleport Stefan to the first floor and drag one of his needs to zero. That will ensure his death. Have Maleficent, Diaval, and Aurora return to the Moors. The wall of thorns will be gone, and the throne in the Moors will be removed.

Points for the challenge:

+5 for each time Maleficent and Diaval didn't get caught while tending to Aurora when Aurora was a child
+5 for if Maleficent and Diaval were to fall in love with each other
+10 for if Maleficent and Diaval avoided getting caught while sneaking into the castle

-5 for each time Maleficent and Diaval get caught tending to Aurora when Aurora was a child
-5 for if Maleficent and Diaval have a very negative relationship with each other
-10 for if Maleficent and Diaval get caught while sneaking into the castle

Now that peace has returned to both kingdoms, everyone has hoped to live in peace and harmony for many upcoming centuries. In the end, it was both a hero and villain that brought the two lands together. And her name was... Maleficent.

If you guys are interested in making a let's play of this challenge on Youtube, or interested in making this challenge more known otherwise, let me know in the comments. I'll play-test this myself and maybe tell of this challenge on a Facebook group involving the Sims if I have time. Have fun with the challenge!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 12:48 AM
Had anyone been doing this challenge?
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 11:12 PM
I've done that challenge before, but with an interesting twist.