Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2014 at 9:12 PM
Default Trying to make an Omegaverse mod
Hello, everyone.

I just had this idea today that I wanted an omegaverse mod in my game. I looked to see if there already was one and there wasn't so I thought I'd try to do it myself. So, since I'm completely new to this I looked at BailaBaila99's core mod tutorial and now I'm on step III and am stuck. So basically, I am asking how do I create additional genders in CAS. I also want to make custom moodlets and fiddle with woohoo and pregnancy but I thought creating the omegas, alphas, and betas should be the first step. If anyone could help that would be awesome!!

If I haven't explained myself well enough, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

Thank you.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 9:34 AM
What do you mean by creating additional genders in CAS? If you mean a difference in physical appearance, you'd have to create sets of clothing for each gender and the player would have to manually dress each sim in the appropriate clothing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
What do you mean by creating additional genders in CAS? If you mean a difference in physical appearance, you'd have to create sets of clothing for each gender and the player would have to manually dress each sim in the appropriate clothing.

I suppose I mean different classifications in addition to female and male. Like you can have both a female and male alpha. So what I want is when in CAS you need to choose male or female as well as one of the three others to create a sim.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Aug 2014 at 7:36 PM
Pretty sure that's not possible, since every single item in the game (and every piece of CC) is tagged for male or female already, and I don't think it's possible to add another option at this point.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 10:21 AM
Yes - while you could stick another flag into an unused part of the CASP, in order for it to actually do anything you'd have to rewrite large parts of the game.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:58 AM
Not to revive an old, dead thread--but I would TOTALLY download an omegaverse mod if you were to make one. That'd be super cool!
Test Subject
#7 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:47 AM
I'm also here to jump on this dead thread. I know absolutely nothing about modding, but what about setting alpha/omega etc. as something like supernatural types instead of sexes? That combined with mpreg mods/custom skins should do it. And maybe some kind of "Heat" moodlet that makes the person keep trying to woohoo with all the eligible sims on the lot. XD

Again, I know literally nothing about modding, so all of this might be impossible, but...god I want this
Test Subject
#8 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:57 AM
I would go back to sims 3 from sims 2 for this.

I think a supernatural type would probably work better than making a new gender. And a moodlet for a heat (and possibly a rut?) would be absolutely fantastic. I would download this in a heartbeat.

Someone needs to make it for sims 2!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 3:01 PM
Now I'm the one resurrecting an old, dead thread. /o\ Wouldn't this work better as a trait than a gender or life state, with buffs (like "In Heat") and wishes (like "Need to WooHoo") trait-locked? That way, you could just apply the alpha or omega trait to a Sim whether they were male or female. Traits are much easier to mod in than trying to create a new gender or life state. If you wanted to make the alpha or omega Sim have different anatomy, you could just mesh it as clothing and then use MC to set it as the nude outfit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:53 AM Last edited by ajaninebrett : 5th Jul 2015 at 3:56 AM. Reason: Had another thought
Wow, did not know anyone else really wanted this! I still want to do this and I think about it from time to time. I was thinking about making them supernatural types, happythoughts413, but feard it would be too big of a project for an impatient amateur such as myself. I think it would be cool for other townies to get the supernatural form. Then I'd just make alphas and omegas. The betas could be sims that weren't effected by story progression. Anyway, that's all rather ambitions at the moment. Though, heatherly84, I think your idea is more doable! And, yes, I've been thinking of moodlets and stuff. Ahhh, you guys made me excited about this again! XD.

I had another thought: is there a way to create hidden traits that could be passed down in a generation? Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:20 AM Last edited by Heatherly84 : 8th Jul 2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Adding a resource
Hidden traits exist in the game, so probably. What you'd want to look at is the coding for existing hidden traits like Pyromaniac to see how it's done. To make a trait in general, try dissecting SimsMX's Hypochrondriac trait and reading NonaMena's custom buff tutorial, since custom traits are loaded into the game through the same mechanism.

The trickiest thing about making a trait is that you have to have very specific ideas about what you want it to do, so really think about how you want it to affect your in-game interactions. Write yourself a checklist and so on. The whole project becomes a lot easier when you know how you want it to work.

ETA: Oh, also check out Velocity Grass' custom lifetime wish tutorial to learn how to make a dreamtree, so Sims with your trait will roll wishes according to that trait. One of the first things I noticed about peeking at the Hypochondriac trait was that it has its own dreamtree.
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Mar 2016 at 9:28 PM
Hi I just wanted to let you know that I have in fact achieved an Omega Verse. To do this go and download the NRAAS mod and its submod for a Caste system.
If anyone has accomplished a Heat or Rut Mod I would love to know about it, as that would absolutely complete the A/B/O Verse I have, cause right now everyone still goes to work and everything when I've decided they are in Heat. Pouts....
I didn't think anyone else would want this but decided to check it out anyway.
My version is rather different than the kinds you talked about on here, but I find a Caste System works wonderfully and every other generation I add a level of respect to the Omega and Beta until Soon I will have total equality among the Secondary Genders.
It's not as easy as the addition of more Real Genders would be but I find that it works for now.
If someone comes up with something better let me know I'd totally download an Omega Verse only Mod.
Thanks.