Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 10:41 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:40 PM.
Default my sims 4 file is missing help
I NEED MY MODS , but I cant find my folder it was gone, so I moved all my mods (I kept a back up folder) to a new folder and put it on my desk top. Then I restarted my sims to see if it would create its own mods folder but it didn't. I then decided to repair it and see if that helped but I once again opened my (C:\Users\Documents\Games\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) folder and my mods folder was not there. So I thought I should open up the game and see if that works but when I closed out the game and looked back in my sims 4 folder the mod folder wasn't there. So I went a step even further uninstalling the game completely and when I reinstalled it and, guess what? Go ahead guess..... MY MODS FOLDER WASN'T THERE!!!!. So idk what to do please help me.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:08 AM
no reply yet *sigh* i need the help
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by puffykitten
so I moved all my mods (I kept a back up folder) to a new folder and put it on my desk top

Hmm, are they in the "New Folder" on your Desktop.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 4:43 AM
Just to clarify: Are you are hoping the game will create an empty "mods" folder that you can add your mods to?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Just to clarify: Are you are hoping the game will create an empty "mods" folder that you can add your mods to?

yes i thought it would do that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 3:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
Hmm, are they in the "New Folder" on your Desktop.

*facepalm*
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by puffykitten
yes i thought it would do that
FYI, puffykitten, I'm not sure that it automatically does regenerate. It doesn't really matter. You can always create a folder and call it Mods or whatever it's supposed to be called. The game will recognize it.

As for the rest of the responses in this thread - hilarious!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 5:47 PM
Have you erroneously logged as another user? Each windows user gets his own documents folder usually.
And this should be moved to the help section.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 6:03 PM
My games never have a mod folder by default.
I always have to make one my self. Rename your fold to "mods" ...and put it back in. If that doesn't work you have another problem.
Instructor
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:09 PM
Mine automatically regenerate a Mod's "Folder" along with the Resource.cfg File In the Sims 4 folder
dodgy builder
#11 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:41 PM
I had a bit of a memory lapse for a minute. In ts3 it has to be made by you. In ts4 the game should make one. So could someone perhaps just upload a mods folder with a resource.cfg? I'm on my phone at the moment.
Instructor
#12 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:26 PM
Resource.cfg File
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Resource.7z (190 Bytes, 49 downloads) - View custom content
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#13 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 9:40 PM
Test Subject
#14 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 10:57 AM
Default ~Help~
Another thing to try> launch TS4> Once launched click the three dots in the top right hand corner> select Game Options> Other> Check if CC and Mods are enabled, if not then check the box>
Underneath there should be a button that states> "View Custom Content".

I hope that this work for you and you can get back to Playing TS4 as quickly as possible!

(This is only a suggestion and can not guarantee an excellent result)

!Happy Simming!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.Fusion
Another thing to try> launch TS4> Once launched click the three dots in the top right hand corner> select Game Options> Other> Check if CC and Mods are enabled, if not then check the box>
Underneath there should be a button that states> "View Custom Content".

I hope that this work for you and you can get back to Playing TS4 as quickly as possible!

(This is only a suggestion and can not guarantee an excellent result)

!Happy Simming!

I have tried that many times
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 7:01 PM
I made a new mods folder with a new resource.cfg in it and the game is still not recognizing my mods folder so I don't know what to do
Scholar
#17 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 8:09 AM
Remove the whole The sims 4 Folder from the C:User/Documents/ Electronic Arts Folder and place it on your desktop, then run the game. A whole new Sims 4 folder should be generated inside the C:User/Documents/Electronic Arts Folder.

Make sure when you run the game that once at the main menu click save and exit.

Then you should be able to move all your items from the Sims 4 FOlder on your desktop to the new folder that was generated. Make sure to adjust the resource.cfg to allow the game to read multiple folders if you set your mods folder with folders inside folders.

Then run the game again and check game settings options to make sure scripts are turned on as well as cc.

If the game does not regenerate a whole new Sims 4 Folder then you are either running a pirated game or your game is not fully updated via Origin.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Resource.zip (205 Bytes, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#18 Old 31st Jul 2017 at 10:11 PM
The only suggestion I can think of is to create a "Mods" folder in the C:User/Documents/Electronic Arts Folder/The Sims 4/ directory. Then try installing this mod http://modthesims.info/d/586033 (as a test to see if mods will work as this mod works with the newest version of the game). Make sure to enable script mods in the game and then seeing if the mod is there in custom content in the game. You might have to restart if you checked the option to enable script mods after starting up the game, if the mod works then there may be a mod in the folder that is the culprit or the mods stopped working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Remove the whole The sims 4 Folder from the C:User/Documents/ Electronic Arts Folder and place it on your desktop, then run the game. A whole new Sims 4 folder should be generated inside the C:User/Documents/Electronic Arts Folder.

Make sure when you run the game that once at the main menu click save and exit.

Then you should be able to move all your items from the Sims 4 FOlder on your desktop to the new folder that was generated. Make sure to adjust the resource.cfg to allow the game to read multiple folders if you set your mods folder with folders inside folders.

Then run the game again and check game settings options to make sure scripts are turned on as well as cc.

If the game does not regenerate a whole new Sims 4 Folder then you are either running a pirated game or your game is not fully updated via Origin.

I did that but it did not work and I bought the game on origin and updated it; it did not work btw