Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:47 PM
People who have had trouble getting Nvidia cards to work!
This may seem kinda random but basically ever since I got my laptop I could not for the life of me get my game to run with my Nvidia card. I did every single fix out there including updating it at the time and reinstalling all the drivers numerous times. However, after seeing someone else update their card today and getting theirs to work, I tried one last time today and updated it and my game runs perfectly with my Nvidia card. No errors or anything. So everyone if you've had trouble getting your game to work with your Nvidia card UPDATE IT!!! ( if there is an update available of course). Make sure to set Nvidia as the preferred processor as well otherwise it will just run on integrated graphics. (Sorry if it should be in another section. Wasn't really considered help section worthy)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 4:35 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 15th Jul 2018 at 7:28 PM.
This might've been better in the Help section. Thank you for sharing nevertheless!

I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers updates through Device Manager but that didn't seem to help. I had them reinstalled later, still no improvement.

However, one thing that seems to have worked for me, so far, is a modified graphicsrules.sgr and videocard.sgr files, called Config2, from Leefish that I stumbled upon: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthre...=20212#pid20212

I don't how, but it worked for me for now. I hope it doesn't mess anything up.

Hopefully this will help others as well.

ETA: I still get pink flashing. Even on residential lots now. (The game crashed upon returning from a community lot during loading. At least it managed to save my progress.) I used to only get it mostly on community lots. In fact, just recently, which forced me to quit the game.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:09 PM
One thing that helped me (I have Nvidia GT 750M) with not just sims was to disable vertical sync with my nvidia settings. It made all my games less choppy
Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 9:33 PM
My Nvidia control panel has on occasion decided to turn off the settings for TS2 (and thereby refusing to recognize the M&G EXE no matter what I did), so eventually I had to do a switcheroo by setting the graphic card to always run for graphic-heavy programs, and instead set certain programs individually to run on the integrated card. I also had to add the card to the SGR files. After I did that I haven't had any issues.

Updating the card has been tried and tested on multiple occasions. Sometimes it works, other times it makes everything much worse. I guess it depends on what the problem is.

I don't think I've ever had pink-flashing on my laptop, but I often get it on my stationary computer. Both have Nvidia cards, though the one for the stationary is much older and the computer has less memory. Then again, I have less CC on the laptop (4-12 GB) compared to the stationary (30+GB) so maybe I haven't reached the laptop's limit yet.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:41 AM
The card that M.M.A.A. refers to works for me as well.
Link Ninja
#6 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:24 AM
@JustPetro - for that file at Leefish - is there any instruction on how to use it and what it does exactly? for example I'm on Windows 10, and I have an ultra wide screen - are these files specifically made for that user with Windows 7 with a smaller monitor to keep their game from flashing?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 2:30 AM
@Charmful : You can use that card on both 7 and 10 - it is here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446 (not on a Windows 10 thread, but it works on windows 10 as well). Nothing to do with the size of the screen, just fixing texture problems that goes with Nvidia cards in general.

It is the Nvidia Texture fix at the bottom. You have to put both files in your game in your last expansion pack (M&G probably) in both the config and the CSConfig folder

For those with UC - it goes in your Fun with Pets folder in both the config and CSconfig folders (UC runs on the M&G engine as well, but it is under Fun with Pets).