Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 1:08 AM
Default Working with the UV map
In the CAS Parts thread I read a response that inferred it was possible to select and delete a part of a mesh using the UV map. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so, how to do it? I sometimes end up with 2 or more polys with identical positions but different UV mapping. When I tweak a mesh I often duplicate a section, mirror it, move it up in the groups list, and snap the verts together to make the bad side match the good one. If I forget to delete the duplicate and do a regroup, I end up with all kinds of unneeded faces. Model Cleaner usually won't get rid of them and replacing the things can get really tedious!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 8:20 PM
Not sure if this is still a question that needs answering but I was looking through threads for answers on all sorts of problems and low and behold, I know the answer to something! I think.

I am very, very new to meshing but I have done this, at least, I think this is what you are asking. In TCE I highlight the part of the mesh I want to delete, then with it still highlighted go to the main milkshape window and click select, move. Once the bit I need to work on is away from the main mesh, I then hit delete, and delete it. It seems to work okay for what I have done, but as I say, I am a total novice to meshing.

If I have totally misunderstood the question please forgive me, I thought it would be nice to give something back for a change