Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

'Let Kids Be Kids' - Lifespan and School Vacation Mods

by Phaenoh Posted 1st Jan 2013 at 2:00 AM - Updated 5th Jul 2014 at 1:52 PM by HugeLunatic

212 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 116 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 9 of 9
Inventor
#201 Old 4th Jul 2018 at 12:08 AM
I just downloaded the Summer Vacation/Winter's Day mod and I'm eager to try it out :DDD. But will this work alongside Quickshot14's Longer Seasons mod if I edit the days in the Summer Vacation/Winter's Day package @Phaenoh? Preferably the 30-day version? Or is this not possible? I also downloaded a different aging mod, will this conflict with the vacation mod?

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
THANKS POST
#202 Old 8th Dec 2018 at 1:36 PM
omg i love it
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 22nd May 2019 at 2:07 AM
Is this mod still being supported? I'm receiving a blank pop-up when Summer break arrives.
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 7:44 PM
Should've just called Winter's Day "Solstice". In Australia, it'd be the summer one, yes? Technically the whole idea of that holiday around the 21-15th of December is about the sun beginning to move up again and hope for spring being celebrated, so I'd love to know how any holidays developed from that in the Southern Hemisphere. I guess that would give a reason to celebrate Christmas in... June.

Also, the sun falling, staying static, and rising again is the inspiration for... something.
Test Subject
#205 Old 29th May 2020 at 9:36 PM
Sorry if there's an easy solution, but it doesn't seem to apply to Sims that have already been created. Is that intentional, or just something that couldn't be worked around, or is there an error with the mod? I tried creating a new sim from scratch and that sim had the correct days until becoming an elder, so I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't affect sims that have already been created. Is there a way to fix this?
Test Subject
#206 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 6:56 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone has asked about this but is it safe to take this mod out after use? I play double seasons e.g. spring/spring/summer/summer etc and then I manually change it to fallx2 and winter.
Test Subject
#207 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukeduncan14
Sorry if there's an easy solution, but it doesn't seem to apply to Sims that have already been created. Is that intentional, or just something that couldn't be worked around, or is there an error with the mod? I tried creating a new sim from scratch and that sim had the correct days until becoming an elder, so I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't affect sims that have already been created. Is there a way to fix this?

Greetings from 2022~

If anyone else is stumbling across this and is wondering the same, your best bet is to grab a mod that synchronizes aging. I use this mod by Chris Hatch. This will apply the new lifespans to all pre-created sims.
Test Subject
#208 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 7:06 PM
So, somehow when I use this mod and Chris Hatch's "Age Correct", some of my child sims have fewer days left than before.
Can anyone explain? Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
#209 Old 27th Nov 2022 at 11:33 PM
so, would there be a way for me to edit this package to match up with my own personal quadrants? i'd hate to ask for a whole tutorial, but i don't really like the idea of changing all of my seasons for this one mod i'd just use the summer-exclusive one if i didn't love the idea of the winter day so much! is there a number i can change in the package editor to play with it a little bit?
Test Subject
#210 Old 18th Jan 2024 at 6:03 AM
2024 - Had this mod downloaded along with the "CJ-SchoolSickDays' mod which caused an issue where the bus school bus kept coming over and over endlessly and my Sims couldn't get on them. Removing the CJ-SchoolSickDays mod fixed this issue for me.
Test Subject
#211 Old 19th Jan 2024 at 5:27 PM
Hi! I tried to put the longer lifespan mod in my game, but I doesn't seem to work. Am I supposed to just put it in the downloadsfolder, or somewhere else? Please help me if you know what to do!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#212 Old 8th Feb 2024 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PurpleIsNice
Hi! I tried to put the longer lifespan mod in my game, but I doesn't seem to work. Am I supposed to just put it in the downloadsfolder, or somewhere else? Please help me if you know what to do!

It goes in your downloads folder, but the changes to the lifespan time only affect the NEXT age, so a sim needs to age up and then you'll see a change in their usual number. This is standard for all aging mods.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#213 Old 22nd Mar 2024 at 5:55 AM
Thanks for these awesome mods!
Page 9 of 9