Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#151 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling
I was thinking about this the other day and I would really like a kind of sim 'world' where you would load up the game and have a view of an entire region, then each neighbourhood would be placed in the region, from here you could enter the different neighbourhoods and control sims etc. this would also mean you could vacation to other neighbourhoods and your sims family members could leave their hometown without breaking all relationships and family ties, for example you could bring your kids up in sunset valley, but one of the kids grows up wanting to be an actor, so they pack up and move to Bridgeport, but you can still phone your family and friends back in sunset valley and go visit them when you get a chance.

I think all you need here is Traveler...
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DragonSaint
First of all, I was actually talking about the Glassbox Engine; things like factories not opening on time when workers get stuck in traffic, neighborhoods turning into slums if there isn't enough police coverage, etc. I was talking about how you can see what your city needs without having to read any charts. Second, I don't know where you get this idea your "forced to agree to having your hard drive scanned." I've played online games before and have never had my hard drive scanned by any of them, nor have I heard anything about Simcity doing any such thing. Third, where do you get off accusing Simcity of "having tiny unrealistic villages pretending to be cities?" How can you possibly know that almost two months before the game comes out? And Finally, you don't have to play with anybody; you can have the whole region to yourself and build as many cities on it as you want. Or, you can invite friends to build cities in your region or even open it up to everybody, so you're not "forced to deal with nasty people who want to destroy your city." I suggest you actually try reading about the game before you start making a bunch of assumptions.

I think the scanning hard drive thing is in referance to Origin, which does have many problems from a privacy point of veiw.

As to the rest, your really sounding like an EA PR rep. Specially with the whole"If you don't want to be affected by others you can set your own region to you alone". To which the response will always be "Then why do I need a constant connection?"
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spiritbw
I think the scanning hard drive thing is in referance to Origin, which does have many problems from a privacy point of veiw.

As to the rest, your really sounding like an EA PR rep. Specially with the whole"If you don't want to be affected by others you can set your own region to you alone". To which the response will always be "Then why do I need a constant connection?"

I'm not trying to promote the game; I just don't think people should be talking trash about things they clearly haven't bothered to research. As for needing a constant connection, that pisses me off too. Up until a couple of years ago, I couldn't even get broadband in my area; so I sympathize with those who can't play certain games because of paranoid game developers and their anti-piracy bs. I also hate putting in those frickin' registration codes every time I install a new game, or that I have to have the cd in the drive in order to play. Bottom line, PC gaming used to be a lot simpler.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#154 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 12:58 AM
I'm not trying to promote the game; I just don't think people should be talking trash about things they clearly haven't bothered to research.
Believe me, we have "researched" the hell out of this game. It has been talked about left and right since it was first announced. There is even a whole thread full of info about it.
Site Helper
#155 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 1:06 AM
I'm not trying to promote the game; I just don't think people should be talking trash about things they clearly haven't bothered to research.
I've probably done as much research as you have, if not more.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 1:13 AM
I don't know if this has been covered in this thread but what about height? Say for example the shortest a sim could be at 5'0 and the tallest sim could be 6'5.

What do you guys think?
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 10:31 AM Last edited by DragonSaint : 15th Jan 2013 at 9:41 PM.
Sorry, Mootilda. I was completely out of line when I said that. But, I still don't understand what you mean by "tiny little villages that try to be cities". What exactly is this based on? I've been to IGN, Gamespot, Gamespy, the official Simcity website, and have run a search on Bing, but nothing I've read gives any clear indication of how big cities will be. Maybe if you could tell me where you read this I could see what you're talking about. Otherwise, I'd really like to get back to talking about Sims 4.

Quote: Originally posted by PunchDrunk
I don't know if this has been covered in this thread but what about height? Say for example the shortest a sim could be at 5'0 and the tallest sim could be 6'5.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, I think we all can agree we want more sliders, especially the height slider.
Field Researcher
#158 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 2:40 PM
1. More traits
2. Less rabbitholes
3. Interactive jobs and professions in the base game!
4. Weather and seasons in the base game!
5. The ability to build walls on half of a tile/half of a grid tile!
6. The ability to put windows on half-tiles instead of only by full tiles!
7. More different window choices in base game
8. More different furniture choices in base game
9. More modern furniture in base game
10. More options and sliders for the appearance of our Sims in CAS
11. More interactions between kids and grown ups
12. Pets in the base game
13. More different fireplace choices, also modern ones
13. Teen Woohoo
14. Relationships ans romantic interactions between children
15. Toddlers being able to talk and walk by default, as toddlers are already at an age on which they should be able to walk, and talk a little bit
16. The ability to wash toddlers, like in TS2
17. Setting more than 3 outfits per outfit category
18. Split-level functionality, without cheats!!! and without any of the problems we have with it now like with the lighting and stuff cuz the game right now treats split-levels as different levels

Lots more!!
Site Helper
#159 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 4:28 PM
I still don't understand what you mean by "tiny little villages that try to be cities". What exactly is this based on?
Here's a link which discusses city size:
http://community.simtropolis.com/to...city-tile-size/
One Minute Ninja'd
#160 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 4:28 PM
What I want is stuff that needs to be built into the game engine. Other stuff can come from the community if it means EA puts the time into a proper base engine.

1. A 64 bit game engine. These open worlds are too large and complex for the game to be limited to the memory space of ~3.5 GB (at best). Granted that means pulling buyers up to recent hardware, but jeez Win 7 has been out a few years now, and we already have Win 8. Supporting Win XP makes no sense.

2. Better build tools. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get a basement built under a house on a foundation. Is it so hard to allow a set of stairs to have an extra couple of steps?

3. Better building placements (maybe this should be under #2). I should be able to place a house anywhere on a large enough lot that I want to, not always dead center.

4. Flexible careers. That is, I should decide if I want to manage a career as an open, interactive career, or leave my sim to work at the equivalent of a RH. That should apply for all careers, as there are times I want the "work" experience with my sim, and times I'd rather concentrate on someone else in the family.

5. Improved animations. Face it, capturing animations is not nearly as difficult as it used to be. Give sims more variety in movements, so things like conversations don't all look the same. The same can be said for Simlish, their vocabulary could be larger and more varied. I hear the same damned Simlish words over and over no matter the topic of conversation.

6. Real life stages. Like, a baby that's really a baby, not a larvae. Maybe I can then keep them around for more than a day. And no, a changing table alone does not make them any more lovable.

7. Height adjustments are a maybe for me. My reservations stem from the issues of complicating clothing design, as well as sim-sim physical interactions. A tall sim should be able to bend down to kiss a short sim. If that can't be done, I'm not sure it's worth it.

8. Improved content management. Let me EASILY group and sort my content, whether clothing or furnishings. And let me delete content in game, where I can actually see it, and realize that I hate the sofa I downloaded I can just get rid of, instead of hunting through some outside program like the launcher looking for an icon that may or may not be the sofa I really hate.

9. Community development tools. Let's face it, what makes the Sims so successful is all the custom content folks make for the game. Without it, the game would be of limited appeal for many. So share your tools with the community. It's in EA's best interest to have high quality content and yes, even worlds, out there for folks to choose from. They can never offer the variety in the Store that the community can, and their players will never have enough money to buy all the stuff they want for the game. And that does mean a better CAW tool. EA has one. Their own developers use it. Why share a crippled down version that makes it so difficult for a creator to finish a world before the next EP comes out? Even with the crippled tool, some amazing worlds get turned out, extending the game play for their customers, so why not encourage that (I know, I'm dreaming, but that's what this thread is)?

10. I want the game to run on MY CPU and be saved to MY HARD DRIVE. If I need to have net connection for DRM reasons, I'll hate it, but probably go along. If it's a Sim City model, where my save games are on EA servers, I'll pass.
Mad Poster
#161 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 11:27 PM
I don't know if it was in this thread or the other one, but I said that I'd like to have loading/saving screens with a cancel/go back button.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 15th Jan 2013 at 11:54 PM
A couple more ideas. one of them I'm sure you can all get behind; the other's probably a little silly if not completely absurd:

Clothing: High-heeled shoes that ACTUALLY MAKE WOMEN TALLER. Bloom managed to do it with a pair of platform shoes; there's no reason why Maxis/The Sims Studio can't pull it off. And while I'm on the subject of women's clothing, how about dresses and skirts that don't have those weird "disks" under them.

Superheroes and Supervillians: Hey, why not? We've already had vampires, werewolves, fairies, zombies, aliens, ghosts, mummies, robots, genies, gypsies, imaginary friends, unicorns, and even Bigfoot. I doubt it would be in the base game, but it would make one hell of an expansion pack.
One Minute Ninja'd
#163 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 1:26 AM
A couple more ideas. one of them I'm sure you can all get behind; the other's probably a little silly if not completely absurd:

Superheroes and Supervillians: Hey, why not? We've already had vampires, werewolves, fairies, zombies, aliens, ghosts, mummies, robots, genies, gypsies, imaginary friends, unicorns, and even Bigfoot. I doubt it would be in the base game, but it would make one hell of an expansion pack.

Oh, I can just see EA's version of a Superhero's costume right now, and it's not pretty.
Lab Assistant
#164 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 5:28 AM Last edited by DragonSaint : 19th Jan 2013 at 8:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Oh, I can just see EA's version of a Superhero's costume right now, and it's not pretty.

Yeah... on second thought, screw it. EA would just butcher the hell out of it and then someone would have to come up with a bunch of mods just to make the damn thing remotely useful. I just suggested it because in TS2 sims dress like superheroes when they reach the top of the law enforcement career and supervillains when they reach top of the criminal career. Plus, there's also the heroes and villains pre-order incentive for Simcity; although I doubt it's anymore useful than any of the other pre-order bonuses I've been suckered into over the years. Seriously EA, if you're gonna take our money before the game's even out, at least give us some incentives that don't suck.
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 7:10 AM
Just had another idea that I think everyone can appreciate. Okay, so one of the bigger downsides to moving on to Sims 4 would be losing all of the content we purchased from the sims store. But what if we could transfer those items to our Sims 4 account in some way? Now, obviously that wouldn't be possible with everything, especially worlds. But, if EA was willing to allow us to bring some of our favorite store items over into TS4, it would make a lot of people more willing to try TS4. I think for every item EA has on the sims store they should go ahead and make an equivalent item for TS4.

Also, we need more/better voice options. I want to make my sims' voices range from Bobcat Goldthwait to Nathan Explosion from Deathklok: Metalocalypse. I would greatly appreciate an option to make sims' voices sound rougher and more distinct. It would be funny as hell if you could give your sims really obnoxious voices. Imagine all of your sims screaming at each other like Gilbert Godfrey.

And speaking of obnoxious, it would be nice if sims were more reactive to other sims that tend to behave a certain way. If a sim tends to act like a complete jackass, it would be nice to see other sims avoid him like they're thinking, "Oh, not THAT guy. Let's get out of here before he sees us."

And finally, I had a few ideas about traits. Instead of choosing five traits that could be positive or negative, we should be required to pick positive and negative traits separately, like the "fatal flaws" from TSM. I also think every sim should have at least one "fear", because everyone's afraid of something. We already have hydrophobia, and "hates the outdoors" is similar to agoraphobia (fear of open places). Sims who are afraid of death would be unwilling to visit graveyards or go to funerals, germaphobes would freak out every time another sim sneezes or shows other symptoms of being sick and be unwilling to eat at restaurants or use public bathrooms, and arachnophobes would freak out if they saw a spider or felt one crawling on them.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 7:42 AM
I'm gonna talk a little more about organisation features.

Like I said in this post, I would really like some kind of ingame search tool, especially in build/buy mode [but wouldn't mind it in CAS], a place where I could type an item's name [or part of item's name] and get a result, that shall save me from pointless scrolling walking tour through kilometers of EP, SP, Store and CC content. I would die for something like that. Yep, short nerves. :p

I would also like collections in CAS, which would allow us to combine tops, bottoms, accessories and shoes [maybe even include hair and make-up], just like we can combine furniture for easier room decoration.

And last but not least - improved launcher. More efficient CC installation and uninstallation, better sorting in categories, clearer review of the items, search tool of course :D.. All in all, make everything better and easier to [un]install, find, sort, and view.. and have better player control and customisation of those features. Like some sort of improved and better game-connected CC Magic.
Test Subject
#167 Old 24th Jan 2013 at 8:50 AM
Default !
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2003
Okay, every time someone mentions "The Sims 4", my imagination runs wild. So I apologize for the length of this post. But here is my fictional preview of what I would like The Sims 4 to be like..
<truncated to avoid "quote monster">

Wow! That's an awesome description! I really mean, totally awesome! It's ike, you were visualizing the way you'd like Sims 4 to be, and I fully agree and think you ought to hold onto that, and other people who like it should too, and maybe if enough people hope and it gets back to EA then they'd make it like that and we could all !!

(also it's 2am and I am totally confusing myself so if that seemed awkward, then I have no idea what I am doing but that was just EPIC )
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 6:59 AM Last edited by DragonSaint : 25th Jan 2013 at 7:24 AM.
I had couple more ideas:

1. Vermin: Remember in TS1 and TS2 when roaches would infest your lot if you had too much trash lying around the place, and your sims would freak out and start stomping on them? They should bring that and the exterminator back for TS4. There should also be other pests for the exterminator, such as rats and termites. And, if the infestation gets really bad, your sims will go stay in a hotel while their house is tented.

2. Construction: I think it would be cool if when you made changes to your lot in build mode contractors came to your lot to make the changes instead the changes being instantaneous. If you had a swimming pool put in, you would actually see them dig out the spot you chose for the pool. And if your sims' property is damaged by weather, fire, vandalism, or the previously mentioned termites, you'd have your sims call the contractor for repairs I don't know if you'd actually call a contractor for repairs; I'm just using the term "contractor" for lack of a better term.

Both the exterminator and the "contractor" would be actual sims living somewhere in the neighborhood and not NPCs. They should also bring back gardeners (also not NPCs) and houseplants that actually need to be watered.
Test Subject
#169 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 7:42 AM
@dragon - I think the first idea is cool but i don't think they should added the 2nd options because its very annoying have to wait for something and for machinima/drama/shows makers, they don't have time to wait for everything to be done by a contractor
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:06 AM Last edited by DragonSaint : 25th Jan 2013 at 9:20 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Winterayne
@dragon - I think the first idea is cool but i don't think they should added the 2nd options because its very annoying have to wait for something and for machinima/drama/shows makers, they don't have time to wait for everything to be done by a contractor

Okay, fair enough. I kinda figured it wouldn't be a very popular idea, and I can see how it could cause a lot of problems for some people. But I still stand by everything else, though. I'm sick of NPCs doing all the real jobs while sims just disappear in a rabbithole somewhere. And I still think "contractors" would be an interesting addition to the game; even if it is just to repair property damage. I'd like to see fire cause damage to the building itself, or heavy winds blowing shingles off the roof; requiring sims to call a contractor for repairs. They could even stay in a hotel if the damage is particularly extensive. But if people don't want to use the contractors they could always do the repairs themselves in build/buy mode. It might cost a bit more, though; just as it would if you replace a dishwasher instead of just fixing it. Or sims could just do the repairs themselves if their handiness skill is high enough.

In fact, maybe vacant homes could eventually become dilapidated, and sims could buy them cheap and fix them up to save money.

Also, while I'm on the topic of buying homes, I'd like to see sims be able to buy multiple residential lots and rent them out to other sims. But they had better treat their tenants right though; or else they could be labeled as slumlords and end up going to jail. Landlords will be responsible for hiring contractors and exterminators when needed. And, if a tenant is late on his/her payment, the landlord will have to go down to collect.
Field Researcher
#171 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 9:23 AM
I really like the ideas of regions they're implementing on Sim City.. it represents well the reality of hundreds of people nowadays and I think it would be cool to have our Sims living in a city and working/studying in another
Alchemist
#172 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 10:22 AM
Curved walls, windows, fences, roofs and stairs. An option for shallow/deeper pools.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#173 Old 25th Jan 2013 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Lord Vetinari : 25th Jan 2013 at 4:15 PM.
I'm deviding my ideas in categories.

Required (I won't consider buying the game without these):

- Better and more simulative AI/StoryProgression. No need to explain, we all know why TS3 SP sucks. By "more simulative" I mean that it should at least try to take in account a sim's skills, status and wants.

- Better pathfinding. Seriously, I can't stand any more sims spending an entire hour to decide who should pass through a door first, and then both take an entirely different route. Not to mention paths blocked by a feather on the floor, or similar stuff.

- Better build mode. Courrently you have to use cheats to build pretty basic stuff like L-shaped stairs, half floors, two floor high rooms with the light coming from the chandelier on the ceiling, etc.

- Options, options, options. A game like this requires customization. There are too many playstyles possibles, so EA's "one size fits all" style of balancing usually results in "one size doesn't fit anyone". Tax level, wether clothes and food can be bought at home or not, cost of public transport, how hard is to befriend/court someone, earn money, raise a skill, gain career levels, which creatures can appear in game, etc.

Very important (I'd like to have some of this in the game, but there's nothing mandatory):

- A world feature. Basically, Twallan's Traveller: you should be able to visit and/or have a vacation in any neighborhood installed, move your family without starting from scratch, keep old friends etc.

- Bring back the double relationship bars. Just because you like someone, doesn't mean that s/he likes you back. Only one bar for both sims oversimplifies things. Also, it would be great to have different bars for friendship and romance.

- Let players define rooms, not just by adding furniture. Since it seems that it's hard for the AI to distinguish between different people's rooms or the dining room from the living room or whatever, just let players, if they choose so, define the kind of room and maybe the ownership, so that we won't have to babysit our sims to avoid themn going in the toilet to read a book just because there's a chair, or prevent the dad from using the children's desk instead of the one in his study.

- Bring back dislikes and give more importance to a sim's tastes. For example, what's a favourite music genre for if you have the "listening to good music" moodlet no matter what you are listening to?

- A different way to define a sim's personality. There are things that every sim should have an opinion about, like good/evil, friendly/shy, likes hot/cold, believes in supernaturals or not, clean/dirty, etc.
Sims 3 style traits should be reserved for special things like the genius, special artistic talent, etc. Use sliders for common personality elements and give them to all sims, and a limited amount of optional traits for some personality quirks.
It would also be interesting if you could earn new traits, lose old ones and alter the sliders' values during the gameplay, because of things you do in your sim's life.

Good to have, but not that important

- A different way to handle clothes. Instead of havign fixed outfits, with slots like underwear, pants/skirt, shirt, jacket, hat, gloves, shoes, accessories you can have a larger amount of outfits just using a small starting amount of base clothes.
Also, if you could add conditions to clothes you can have your sim remove hat, shoes and jacket when he enters home, or something like that.

- Better, more user friendly CAW. Also, more flexible content: with bridges, retaining walls, far land, rails, etc. that are fixed objects instead of spline objects, you have to find workarounds when building your custom worlds.

- Diffenrent lot shapes, following the landscape and the shape of the road, like the new SimCity. It would also be great if you could expand the lot after you bought it, either towards unclaimed land or by buying an adjacent lot and joining the two.

I can't think about anything else, for now. Maybe I'll update the list later.
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 9:07 AM Last edited by DragonSaint : 30th Jan 2013 at 10:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by gege_sml
I really like the ideas of regions they're implementing on Sim City.. it represents well the reality of hundreds of people nowadays and I think it would be cool to have our Sims living in a city and working/studying in another

I was actually selected to play the beta for Simcity last weekend; and while it was fun, I saw a lot of room for improvement. The city areas were way too small. I only had an hour to build my city and in that time I easily used up more than half the space I had to work with. Once again I owe Mootilda an apology. Clearly she DOES know what she's talking about.

As far as regions being used in TS4, though, it would be nice to have the ability to move seamlessly from one neighborhood to another without having to sit through extensive loading screens. It's a real bitch trying to shoehorn new lots into existing neighborhoods every time an expansion comes out. And some lots just don't make sense in certain worlds. Movie studios, nightclubs, and venues from Showtime can seem really out of place in Appaloosa Plains or other small town worlds.
Field Researcher
#175 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doc Doofus
I just thought of another must have item for Sims 4.

BOOB PHYSICS.

http://www.destructoid.com/boob-phy...em-113664.phtml

You have got to be kidding. Of all the suggestions I've read here, this is both the dumbest and the most distasteful. Not all of us want to be modeled as vehicles for our boobs. Only boobs care that much about breasts. For those of us who are NOT 8 year old males, I'd like to see more realistic body proportions - ACTUAL "boob physics" as opposed to the wishful fantasies of guys who just want to beat off watching their sims. Talk about creepy ...
Page 7 of 10