Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#76 Old 7th May 2013 at 8:15 PM
A genetics system more like the one in The Sims 2 - basic Mendellian style genetics is fine, but not like the Sims 3 system which I really didn't like.....

More variety in lot shapes - still lots made up out of squares, so no curvy ones or anything, but the ability to have, for example, T-shaped or L-shaped lots.

The ability to place lots anywhere, not just adjacent to roads (so like in The Sims 2, basically).

More interactions for younger sims - babies that actually do stuff with, cute & fun interactions with and between toddlers (with for all ages, not just with adults/elders), more interactions with kids and between kids.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 7th May 2013 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I want to be able to DELETE stuff. All those template sims that currently clutter up Bodyshop? Delete. Ugly clothes? I want to delete them. I want to delete ugly hair and content I just never ever use. Premade families I have no interest in or test sims I created to try a mod on? I want to be able to delete them. Not kill them and have their character data clogging up my game, I want them gone.
And I want a search bar for build/buy mode.

This was one of my wants for sims 3. I suggested we be able to delete things from our computer that we didn't like, and if we made a whoopsy we could just download them again from the CD.

Since the sims 4 will obviously have an online component we should be able to delete things and then download them from online if we deleted something we later wanted. This would actually made peoples computers run a bit faster not having to download unwanted content.
Helptato
#78 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:12 PM
-Babies that at least look and act like real babies. I would like to see the baby bouncer and playmat that was in the TS2 store in the new game because it was so cute!
-Plenty of interactions for toddlers and children, especially between them.
-Plenty of hairstyles and clothing for all ages and genders included in the base game
-Weather and seasons in the base game!
-Create A Style
-Lighting more along the lines of TS2, TS3 seemed way too dark
-And a better camera then TS3's default one too!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Theorist
Original Poster
#79 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:27 PM
To continue the addition: The ability to build to the edge of the lot! If I want row-homes, let me build them! Lots should snap together sort of when put closely together and then a central fence can be made or two separate but beside each other.
Instructor
#80 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:34 PM
I keep hoping they will reuse some of the building tools they made for Spore for another Maxis title. There was a lot of uses for those tools if you implimented them properly.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:54 PM
The ability to rotate a room's grid to allow for easier diagonal-wall placement.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#82 Old 7th May 2013 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
does anyone want cutscenes back? it's a maybe for myself. i hope hot tubs are in the BG. i don't care much for weather but i would like rain and gloomy days in the bg as well.
Damn, How did I forget about that one. I definitely agree that cutscenes should include major challenges and funny stuff like hot tub whohoo. Man, now I feel like adding some pictures on this thread for some reason just to show some more ideas now.
Instructor
#83 Old 7th May 2013 at 11:42 PM
Easy-to-build split level homes, so the bottom level of the home can be approximately half underground. My best friend growing up lived in a really awesome split level home, and I'd love to rebuild it. Really, I'd love to see a lot of expansion on the build function for the sims. It'd be nice to be able to build a fantastic house without having to summon the Sim gods (i.e., use a shit-ton of cheats) in order to be successful.
Forum Resident
#84 Old 8th May 2013 at 12:02 AM
Wall/Level height adjuster and shiftable windows.
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:05 AM
TS3 style CAS (lots of customization), but with a less cartoony look, combined with TS2 style genetics.

The ability to turn off neighborhood-wide aging. I'd like to be able to play each family in turns, as in TS2. But with an open world set-up, this would actually be far less a chore.

Short term and long term relationships and dynamic, individual relationship values.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned that I actually think would be a pretty simple thing to implement is sims automatically changing into another outfit when they change clothes. The outfits would still be set up by the player, but you wouldn't have to manually tell them to put on another outfit, they would just do it themselves day-to-day.

Something VegaBlack mentioned earlier that I really like the sound of: If you're telling a sim to do something routinely that corresponds to a trait, they'll develop that trait. That'd be pretty neat to see sims develop their own additional traits as well, just circumstantially. I also liked the idea of permanent moodlets or memories that permanently or semi-permanently affect the sim's life.

Personally, I'm okay with rabbitholes in some forms, but I'm also a huge fan of having as open a world as possible. I'm actually in the process of building my own University campus in TS2 and I enjoy making an art building with art classrooms, a science building, etc. etc. But restaurants, for example, were open in TS2, so there's no excuse there.
Inventor
#86 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:20 AM
Gardener Service.
Test Subject
#87 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:25 AM
Default Hmm
I think that should include Weather in the base game.
Test Subject
#88 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:26 AM
Default I totes agree!
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
What I want is Seasons/Weather to be a base-game feature. I know, I know, EA wants the money. But it's a feature that is just as natural as aging and day/night cycle. You don't see people claiming that those should be Expansion Pack features. (On the other hand, lets not give EA any ideas). If it can't be a feature we get with the base-game, it needs to be released in an Expansion Pack IMMEDIATELY. Like perhaps even they day the game is released. If you're going to make me pay extra for it, at least don't make me wait three years again.

Otherwise, I want height sliders and perhaps gradual aging. Those two seem like the big steps up from The Sims 3. And I want open restaurants and stores to make a return. The Sims 3 never getting those is a major mark against it, in my books.

I agree 100.9%!! Hehe .9 I AGREE SO MUCH!
Test Subject
#89 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:27 AM
I think that we should be able to see inside every community lot. NO RABBIT HOLES!
Test Subject
#90 Old 8th May 2013 at 1:30 AM
Default I think..
I think that we should be able to see inside every community lot! (NOOO RABBIT HOLES!! )
Mad Poster
#91 Old 8th May 2013 at 6:47 AM
I found this on the internet just before
Quote:
4 Features Needed in The Sims 4
MULTITASKING
Your Sim is busy making goopy carbonara when all-of-a-sudden the phone rings. You tell him/her to answer it. Now you are forced to watch as your Sim slowly stops cooking to answer the phone. Wouldn’t it be great if they could do both? I mean, what’s the point of them having a cell phone if they have to drop everything to answer it? Or maybe your Sim is a lonely, aspiring painter. You could kill two birds with one stone by having your Sim converse with their spouse as they paint their portrait. Tasks already take up a significant amount of the short time you have each day. Imagine how much more your Sims could accomplish in a day, or a lifetime, with the ability to multitask.

MULTIPLE HOUSEHOLDS
The Sims 2 allowed us to play with multiple households within the same town. The Sims 3 has a similar feature that allows you to switch your active household. However, doing so will make all of the promises for that household disappear. You also lose control over your previous household and they are free to live–or move– as they see fit. There isn’t anything inherently wrong with this unless you’re the type of person who likes to play god. If stealing husbands, foiling friendships or forcing love triangles is your thing then you need to have full control of each household within your town. The Sims 2 gave you the freedom to do this. The Sims 4 should bring it back as an option for those fueled by power.

PLAY ON THE GO
We’ve seen The Sims franchise on a number of different platforms over the years. From PC to console to mobile, these games are everywhere. So what’s to stop them from being connected? Imagine being able to interact with your household from any device. Perhaps you’re playing at home and have to leave to run errands or go to class. You could connect from your mobile device and have your Sim write that best-selling novel. There could be mini games that your Sim completes to gain new skills or perhaps scanning certain items at a grocery store would help them learn a new recipe. The possibilities are endless.

A REAL SHOPPING CHANNEL
All of those countless hours spent in front of the boob tube and what does your Sim have to show for it? If they were watching the home shopping channel, then absolutely nothing. They saw the Astral Playground Telescope on TV, forgot about it, and by the time they remembered the price went up. If only there were some way to satisfy your Sims’ shopping needs. Well, with this feature you certainly could. Your Sim would be able to order items by simply picking up the phone. After paying the obligatory shipping and handling, their package would arrive in 3 to 5 business days. Sims would be able to buy limited edition items at a reduced price or order useless items at outrageous prices.

And there was one that I read, that Sims 4 wouldn't need
Quote:
ONLINE PLAY
The Sims Social came close, but it wasn’t enough. It’s likely that the social game was a test run for future online components in The Sims 4. It’s even more likely that it was just another way to for EA to make money off of micro transactions. Whatever the reason, there is a clear demand for MMO elements in The Sims 4. However, this has been the hardest shell to crack for EA. The Sims Online and My Sims both shut down their servers years ago with The Sims Social following close behind this June.

Nevertheless, this hasn’t swayed players demand for a fully interactive, online version of their simulated worlds. Starting a band with your friends, taking a guided tour with family or simply cooking with a loved one could be achieved with the click of a mouse. You could help an acquaintance rebuild their home after a fire or create an evil scientists guild. Traveling would allow you to meet unique users from around the world. It’s a big idea. One that may prove too big for The Sims 4, but we can still dream.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Mad Poster
#92 Old 8th May 2013 at 7:59 AM
That shopping channel one reminds me of how on some Harvest Moon games, you could really phone in for the useless crap you saw (which was way way WAY too expensive). It was really, ultimately just there for shits'n'gigs, but it was fun.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 8th May 2013 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neucleus
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned that I actually think would be a pretty simple thing to implement is sims automatically changing into another outfit when they change clothes. The outfits would still be set up by the player, but you wouldn't have to manually tell them to put on another outfit, they would just do it themselves day-to-day.

That would be cool.
Along similar lines, I also wouldn't mind seeing some additional, optional clothing categories. As it is now "formal" is used for lots of exceptional clothing, be it for dates, weddings or (at least in TS2, I don't know how this bit works in TS3) masquerade costumes. I wouldn't want to force the player to set up dresses for additional categories unless he/she really wants to, so maybe the "main" formal dress could be used for all these cases until the player says otherwise, but the option should be there when you need it.
"Everyday" could be expanded similarly. Now the sim uses the same everyday clothing regardless of whether he/she is inside or outdoors (and it's not winter), but I would like the option to set up outerwear for the summer period as well. And for children/teens, a sub-category so you can dress them one way for school if you like, and another way for when they get home again.

CAS was vastly improved in TS3, with new clothing subcategories like gloves, socks and shoes, etc., but it could be improved further still. Now there are creators of custom content who reuse these categories for other types of clothing, or special effects (tattoos, injuries, etc), and since they're not layerable it means that you have to pick and choose among them.

One new subcategory that I think is essential is one for piercings. I'm not a fan of piercings myself, but while browsing custom content on various sites I have come to understand that piercings pose a problem as things work today - especially since they too fall under the restriction that you can usually only pick one at a time. You must be able to select multiple piercings, and these should be "showerproof" too, so they're not removed when the sim goes into the shower.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 8th May 2013 at 10:24 AM
Regarding clothing categories... BRING BACK UNDIES!
Mad Poster
#95 Old 8th May 2013 at 10:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
Regarding clothing categories... BRING BACK UNDIES!

I agree with that, and they should also make a T-shirt category and a jacket category

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Test Subject
#96 Old 8th May 2013 at 11:39 AM
- Base-game seasons so sims can age by years.
- Non-rabbit hole careers. Better boss-employee system. Career level based celebrity system.(And I don't want to have more than one "leader of the free world") I think career system really needs to be changed. If your sim has a rabbit-hole job you can play with him/her only between after work and sleeping hours and that's really short.
- Playable NPC, not some homeless ugly sims.
- Being able to open stores.
- Apartments, real neighbours not NPC.
- No empty bars, clubs.
- More realistic traffic, different transportation options.
- More functionality, less useless and ugly hair or clothing or decoration. And I would like to be able to remove them easily too. TS3 launcher is a mess.
- Connected different worlds would be nice.
- (It takes almost half a sim-hour to go from one room to another in a big house, can you do something about that please?)
Test Subject
#97 Old 8th May 2013 at 12:35 PM Last edited by anongirlxx : 25th Mar 2014 at 9:36 PM.
First I just want to say "EA Stop being so fricken money hungry!!"

1. fix the lag with custom content, my computer is 10 times better than the minimum requirements but I add 50 custom content items and it takes an hour to load!
2. Don't release the game until its perfect!!! I don't care if i have to wait an extra year, stop being so money hungry!
3. Bring back bodyshop, I don't want to wait for my game to load (for an hour because of custom content) whenever i feel like creating a Sim.
4. store content should be no more than $5 a set. $35 for a set with 18 objects 5 of which are patterns is just unbelievable. I'm disgusted. Stop being so money hungry!!!
5. Sims that are actually totally 100 percent customizable. liars.
6. gradual aging, height and more traits( Light sleeper? not a trait)
7. Would really love an online feature (only if you do it right, and don't charge me for it!)
8. Ability to load my own textures (or patterns) straight into the game.
9. Ability to jump from house hold to household.
10.more customization for building houses. seriously, no limits.
11. Personally I felt totally bored with the game play in Sims 3. Was this just me? maybe I just grew up? I don't know I was just bored all the time whilst playing (and that's why I stopped playing and sold all my games)

Honestly if this stuff doesnt happen I will not be buying any of the games.
I feel like I missed something... wait, hang on there it is STOP BEING SO FRICKEN MONEY HUNGRY .
Mad Poster
#98 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:00 PM
wow, online shopping and the home shopping network would be really cool.
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daniandan
I found this on the internet just before
Imagine being able to interact with your household from any device. Perhaps you’re playing at home and have to leave to run errands or go to class. You could connect from your mobile device and have your Sim write that best-selling novel.

Oh, not this one. My daughter just received her grades for her college classes. Well...she thought she was doing well but did poorly. I asked her if she attended class every time and if she texted on her phone. Yes, she texted on her phone during class. She called the teacher annoying..but I used to teach. Kids text in class, they should be counted as absent. So please, no connecting games like The Sims to phones!!! I want my kids to finish college! Thank goodness we didn't have cell phones and texting in the good ole' days!
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 8th May 2013 at 2:38 PM
I want this so much I say it whenever people talk about Sims 4.Let us be able to see and command sims when they are at work(not only specific ones) and school!

Other than that,I'd like to have a simpler menu than Sims 3,I still can't understand it sometimes

And testingCheats should be working like it is in Sims 2,in Sims 3 there wasn't many options
Page 4 of 30